US Pilots Labor Thread 4/7 to 4/14- ALL US Pilots Labor Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "lie" is that any airline can merge with USAir and survive with it's route-structure intact once infected with "cool northern efficiency". PSA, Piedmont, now America West. The first merged and "poof" was all gone; the second saw a substantial part of it's network dismantled leaving only CLT, the third has already given up LAS and PHX is shrinking. What do all three airlines have in common? Take a guess.
Interesting, uh, subplot, there.

So, you are implying that US did, indeed, buy AWA, imposing their (perhaps inept) management structure onto AWA, making (the formerly independent) group do unimaginable things? :shock:

and here I thought AWA bought (and saved) US. :blink: /snark

Which means the average contribution before the funding drive was? drumroll - please, $2.

Don't forget the cost of stamps... :lol:

No matter, as it's evident they've enough to keep some lawyers happy, at least for now.

No matter, as it's evident they've enough to keep some lawyers happy, at least for now.
Wait until you see the legal bill that Seham ran up this year for USAPA. I think that you are going to be surprised and very outraged.

Wait until you see the legal bill that Seham ran up this year for USAPA. I think that you are going to be surprised and very outraged.

And....Your assumptions would be wrong on all counts. Nothing new there :lol:

Suggestions for future life = Don't ever assume your views to be universal. Don't presume to know how anyone else ever values anything. Whenever possible; always seek to speak from experience and not assumptions.

And....Your assumptions would be wrong on all counts. Nothing new there :lol:

Suggestions for future life = Don't ever assume your views to be universal. Don't presume to know how anyone else ever values anything. Whenever possible; always seek to speak from experience and not assumptions.

Pompous
One entry found.

Main Entry:
pomp·ous Listen to the pronunciation of pompous
Pronunciation:
\ˈpäm-pəs\
Function:
adjective
Date:
15th century

1 : excessively elevated or ornate <pompous rhetoric> 2 : having or exhibiting self-importance : arrogant <a pompous politician> 3 : relating to or suggestive of pomp : magnificent
— pomp·ous·ly adverb
— pomp·ous·ness noun

I do not know for certain but if the average donation is $100, I believe it is probably more, that $125,000 would keep many lawyers happy for a little while.

But the point I would like to make is two fold, first, which lawyers the West is making "happy", and second, why it is best the West has enough money to pay these folks.

Shughard, Thomson & Kilroy-newly merged with Polsinelli,Shalton,Flanigan,Saulrhaus. to become Polsinelli,Shughard,(P,S.) is a caliber above the my daddy is a lawyer and my name is on the firm too Seham,Seham,Meltz & Peterson. Now I am certain Lee Seham is a highly intelligent, capable lawyer, (graduated magna cum laude and all)but he may be out of his element here. S,S,M&P historically has represented management against unions. Seham's practice area is labor relations.

Polsinelli,Shughard are hard hitting business attorneys, with expertise in their region as well as their field. Marty Harper, our lead attorney, has won many notable cases against Wal-mart, Microsoft and get this $20 million for 400 Continental pilots against no other than ALPA, yes.. he has won a DFR lawsuit. He has argued in front of the U.S. Supreme court.This guy is well connected and as the old saying goes " it is not what you know but who you know", well this guy seems to know everyone and everyone respects what he knows. ( he graduated magna cum laude also)

Just as a quick aside, Judge Wake graduated cum laude from Harvard Law.

Now, it is best the West can pay these people, because if the West wins a large settlement, and the lawyers were entittled to a percentage, well they are going to want to be paid. There could be little room between the two sides to reach an agreement as to how USAPA would pay. It would be in cash made payable to P,S. and this idea that a union is some how indemnified is ridiculous.

So, in this battle of cum laudes, the east just might be grateful that Leonidas's fund raising is adequate.

I do not know for certain but if the average donation is $100, I believe it is probably more, that $125,000 would keep many lawyers happy for a little while.

Depends on the length and extent of any/all litigation. Heck..I once burned up more than that on a divorce proceeding :blink: :lol:

Seriously though; Whatever happens in court will happen, and any/all cheerleading or west-east "Waaah!!..Our lawyers' gonna' beat your lawyer up!!" or whatever variations on "Yo Momma's!!!".... at this time effect absolutely nothing, and we do this posting purely for mutual amusement, I'd think...or..perhaps to keep the sense of "Holy Jihad" active out west in some cases....who knows?

You guys figure your funds to be well spent there, as do we in opposing your efforts.

How about a 5 grand wager on the trial? Is Seham as good a lawyer as you are a pilot?

How about just 5 grand on your flying skills? :lol: Are you as good a flyer as you are a typist? ;) PM if interested ;)

Only the most utter and complete wimps would/even could, ever make themselves feel "tough" by way of just hiring a lawyer..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back