US Relaunches Its Envoy Experience

and here ya have it folks.. the "new" Envoy :)

barbie_jet_yacht.jpg

Embfa, I think you would really enjoy flying out of the PHX hub. We could cheer you up, and show you a good ole time! :lol: Believe me! We have a lot more in common then you think, and definetly a younger perspective, and freshness!! :up:

Ok, here is something I find funny. Don't you think it would be wise to have the "Relaunch" of Envoy AFTER everyone was trained on it. These Yahoo Crackers running the joint don't even realize that some are not even trained for the service yet. It just gets better and better. Oh and the big "to do" about the skirts on the carts and go figure.......DELAYED from China. Must be that New Years thing again. I mean didn't they know time was running out? Oh and no dome lids for the service. Didn't they make HUGE and I do mean HUGE deals about those two things? Again, it just gets better and better. How for the love of life these people walk around with their heads high is absolutely astounding to me. Off to LHR? Smashing.......dishes that is. :rolleyes:

Embfa, I think you would really enjoy flying out of the PHX hub. We could cheer you up, and show you a good ole time! :lol: Believe me! We have a lot more in common then you think, and definetly a younger perspective, and freshness!! :up:

Mmm. Thanks for the offer, I'll enjoy being an extra with you guys, but as far as bases, I keep better in the cold. :lol:

And don't worry, I'm plenty cheery- I rarely have to work! :up:

Mmm. Thanks for the offer, I'll enjoy being an extra with you guys, but as far as bases, I keep better in the cold. :lol:

And don't worry, I'm plenty cheery- I rarely have to work! :up:

With your depth of knowledge you need to be working.....at something. You are a wasted asset and we have enough of that. But I am nagging now aren't I?

Sadly, as contract negotiations are not progressing all that well the PHX F/A's have no exposure to anything but drinks and BOB and three aircraft types for the foreseeable future. I for one would love to see some of our young people come under the cadre' or mentoring practices of the East to get some exposure to different things. We still have a pretty good turnover of new hires and a tangible potential of working Transatlantic could help stem some of the losses.

It's rough....the required CBT for this quarter covers the 321 and the 330 but I have no timeline as to when I might get to work them. Even though there are many issues with the wide body service, younger PHX F/A's would probably have great enthusiasm because it is something new.

Even the most casual companies in the world (like Google) have team leaders. I think it is a good economic (insurance companies love higher training) and customer service move to have a purser program.

Even though there are many issues with the wide body service, younger PHX F/A's would probably have great enthusiasm because it is something new.

I for one would welcome enthusiastic flight attendants from any base.

I believe that when you can take Paris, London, Rome or Athens for granted it's time for you to go back to flying Buffalo. I love watching crew members, who have never been to CDG excitement as we drive past the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumph & Champs Elysées on the crew bus headed to the hotel. It may be a ninety minute drive, but it is the most scenic drive you'll ever take!

B) B) B)

Actually there are those that disagree with the above assessment - see here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807937
GaryZ

Now if only they could "upgrade" some of the surly FA's I've had on my last couple of Envoy trips to LGW and AMS .....

I've done the new Envoy twice now and have enjoyed the experience with the notable exception of the unupgraded FAs - there's just no comparison, people-wise, to LH or CO (the only other I've flown recently) on the tATL routes.

I don't see how this person flew the "new envoy" twice all before 1600 on 01April 08. Someone is not telling the truth!

Like everything else they do in the Sand Castle, this just comes across as a joke. It's like they try, but just don't know how to succeed, but pat themselves on the back for big improvements in the product. Laughable.

Compare the "New Envoy" to this: http://www.suitedreams.united.com/

And, the price for UA to FRA is $5,395 - US to FRA is $5,284 - for the same dates - May 20 return May 30 - so it certainly isn't the price that makes the difference in product.

It's interesting that there are two ideas here that pertain to service and the success of Tempe's Envoy relaunch. One is whether the "Division" should return and the other is the oft stated need for a purser program.

Just keep in mind that these both are concessionary items. I may have liked the division, it made life easier for me, but I am not blind to the fact that it is limiting to flight attendants. As for a purser program, that's a huge concession and if they wanted it, they'd have to pay waay too much for it. More than they're willing to invest. This contract, whenever the elephant baby arrives, should have nothing concessionary.

I highly doubt Tempe really intends to do anything to address the service shortcomings, this is afterall the "someone will buy the seat" mentality running the show. If they really intended to attend to the International flying, they would have done a proper job picking out 767 seats and attended to maintenance issues. Undoubtedly you'll see basically the same nonsense all summer, mechanicals, short staffing, broken videos, ripped seats, improper catering. Same songs. US provides transportation. Any illusions otherwise will disappoint, and unfortunately those with them will be on our airplanes this summer.

It's becoming clearer and clearer, we're the Greyhound bus to Europe.

I for one would welcome enthusiastic flight attendants from any base.

I love watching crew members, who have never been to CDG excitement as we drive past the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumph & Champs Elysées on the crew bus headed to the hotel. It may be a ninety minute drive, but it is the most scenic drive you'll ever take!

B) B) B)

Just don't wake me up with all of that enthusiasm while I am taking a snooze on the crew bus while enroute to the layover hotel (especially to a hotel where the rooms are notoriously not ready when we arrive). I've seen it all and would rather sleep! :lol:

That kind of nonsense with the hotel rooms not being ready is still going on?

Thanks, but I’ll stick to the Days Inn that has a Chinese Buffet next door and is across the street from a gas station that sells six-packs.

Ahhh, nothing better than a nice relaxing "domestic" layover!

al_bundy_vs_chobot.jpg

Just curious as to how the "new" Envoy experience is going so far, and how customers are reacting to it?

Back