was there a death on the cooler?

LOL! “ Awww, shut up man!”

Obama didnt golf as much and he didnt golf on his own properties. I would love to see how he wrote those profits off.

anyone have a tally of how much trump cost us golfing compared to ANY other president ?

lol true that!

if you had a patriotic cell in your body, you would want to pay your fair share.

Nothing says the military is for “suckers and losers” louder than defunding it by not paying your fair share. actions are louder than words.

$750 on $7.5 million! that’s ten minutes of flight time for a Blackhawk!
Then change the laws. You must realize that congress makes these laws so they can take advantage of them also. Get elected to congress and become a multi-millionaire.

lol true that!

if you had a patriotic cell in your body, you would want to pay your fair share.

Nothing says the military is for “suckers and losers” louder than defunding it by not paying your fair share. actions are louder than words.

$750 on $7.5 million! that’s ten minutes of flight time for a Blackhawk!
Then why don't we go to a flat tax with no deductions? Everybody pays the same percentage.

Then why don't we go to a flat tax with no deductions? Everybody pays the same percentage.
That is all I can stand there is too much stupidity on this board I am going to look for some place where there are people with a brain I might not find it but I know there is no intelligence here. BYE

That is all I can stand there is too much stupidity on this board I am going to look for some place where there are people with a brain I might not find it but I know there is no intelligence here. BYE
Run-on sentence. :eek: How stupid is that? I guess grammar is not your forte. So long seeker.

Yeah we miss you already.

Last edited:
Thanks to the Republican party’s tax cuts that Trump signed off on, all this middle class, non-exempt, American can do is claim the standard deduction. I actually pay a litle more each year.

But you think Trump gets to write everything off? and you believe he can write everything off legally? And you think it is the correct thing to do? do you think this while he spends every weekend golfing at one of his properties while charging the secret service regular rates for room,board and golf cart rentals? do you? do you think , at least maybe offer a discount? $750 gets you one night at Bedminster.
While Trump "gave up his salary"...the money that move saved him is staggering. Before he was president, I don't think he visited Mar a Lago nearly as often because it ain't cheap to fly and maintain a 757 for weekly trips. But now, he simply names Mar a Lago the "southern white house" and he can take a plush (but no gold plated sinks) 747 on those trips as "official business" meaning his frequent golf outings at Mar a Lago cost him nothing as the taxpayer ia picking up his airfare.

Not a bad idea, but It’s disproportionately regressive to lower income Americans.
Meaning it's fair to everyone?...

One thing a flat tax does is hold the legislatures feet to the fire a little more. You can't raise taxes without pissing off everyone. It's much easier to raise taxes on 25% of the population knowing that the other 75% will vote to keep their taxes low.

Meaning those with lower incomes pay more proportionally more than those making higher incomes. It's well intentioned, but ultimately regressive.
some of the plans I've seen give you a standard deduction of 40-50K for the cost of living.

Meaning those with lower incomes pay more proportionally more than those making higher incomes. It's well intentioned, but ultimately regressive.

Yeah, that's false.

My state has a 5% "flat tax" on income. It also has a standard deduction of $12,000.

Someone earning $20K will be taxed $400 a year for all the services they receive in return e.g. roads, education, police, fire, public health.

That's ultimately 2% of their income.

Someone earning $200K will be taxed $9,400 for all those same services, or 4.7% of their income.

So the rich are already paying double on a percentage basis over what the poor are paying.

All that Fair Tax (progressive taxes) do is increase that disparity. There's nothing fair about that.

Latest posts