Way to go Parker!

Calculated a different way...

The DOT stopped reporting US and HP separately after 2005. Taking the total number of complaints and the total number of enplanements 1997-2005 for each airline, we can tell over time which one was more popular with customers.

For those not statistically inclined (which I'm not either) using a complaint per enplanement rate allows one to level the playing field since it wouldn't be fair to compare the much larger US to the smaller HP using simply the raw number of complaints received. For the nine year period, HP enplaned 177 million people; US enplaned 461 million.

HP complaint rate per 100,000 enplanements was 2.54.
US " " was 1.63.

In lay terms, that means that HP was 1 1/2 times as likely to piss someone off than US was.

Back to my original point, and the point of this thread IMO: reliably bad service seems to be the Tempe way of doing business.
Brilliant post!

Well said....errr, typed.

From my vantage point, I've seen it since that dreadful day in May 2005 when I heard Mr. Parker, with my own two ears say, "if we're going to hammer ANYONE with fees, it will be the CP group" followed by then reading, "we have always said we'd sacrifice first class product and flyer perception for revenue."

I knew RIGHT then and there, customers were not on the radar for the Sand Fleas.

What Dr Beth reminds us of here is also EXACTLY right...

While consistency in these categories is important, customer service is an equally powerful factor. Sam Thanawalla, director of the global hospitality and travel practice at J.D. Power and Associates, argues that reliability means "delivering on the promises." This includes getting passengers to their destination in a timely fashion, but also cultivating a workforce that puts the consumer first and can resolve problems or complications quickly.

Now the results....

We have a product that business travelers won't spend money on unless (a.) there is no other way to get from point A to point B or (b.) unless it is so incredibly cheap, you'd need your head examined for not buying it.

How that escapes even the most seasoned and enthusiastic KoolAid fan and fanatic is mind boggling...

Piney was working on being the $0.08/mile CP....heck, I won't make CP (for the first time since they invented it)...but I'm going to be the $0.06/mile Gold dude....

I kinda like taking my spend down in $$$/mile....in the face of rising costs....

ah hahahahahahahahahhahaha!!! ah you guys kill me ... Parker your doing a great job .... keep up the good work ... the vast majority of us airways workers are happy your our CEO ,especially in these trying econmic times (no better time to have a fiance guy than now )

:up: :up: :up:

haters keep on hating ah hahahahahahahahah :lol:

It is not Parker's fault.

All the haters are to blame for the numbers.

And when pigs fly they will be wearing lipstick and a US Aiways logo.

ah hahahahahahahahahhahaha!!! ah you guys kill me ... Parker your doing a great job .... keep up the good work

I agree. The fact that carriers like CO are charging less for their FC product and offering more, giving bonus miles to their elite travelers, and giving 500 min miles to their elite travelers is just further proof of their desperation to steal all the profitable customers that US is attracting. *Standing Ovation* He truly is a leader.

Another typical Tempe Stepford Staring Robot. Never EVER let facts get in the way of blind loyalty. You missed your time Freedom, you should have been in your 20's around 1936 and a german citizen, you would have fit in perfectly.

As I’ve already stated , and numerous people have already AGREED , if we HAD NOT merged with US AIRWAYS , I as an America west employee would have been out of a job when inevitability we would have gone under …. So from my perspective , what should I be angry about ? That Doug Parker kept my job going ??? Should I be MAD and ungrateful that after all my years at AWA I didn’t end up in the unemployment line ? I think NOT …

You don’t know what your talking about , you don’t understand the new economic environment and the affect high oil prices have on companies .. All you understand is that things have changed from 15 years ago and that their not the same , that must make you sad and scared ….

As for insinuating Nazism ? What are you ON ? I said I think Doug parker is doing a great job and you call me a NAZI ?????????

Do you understand how many Americans gave their lives to stop Hitler ? Do you know how many MILLIONS of people died in concentration camps in WWII ? And now in 2008 , we as a society have fallen so far , we connect Nazism with a disagreement with job performance …. :down:

Here we go again. At least they're proving their consistency.

The latest DOT report came out today, containing complaint statistics for August. You guessed it: US ranked dead last.

Clearly, US Airways management does not understand its customers. "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom,

With all due respect, Doug Parker is doing ANYTHING but a fine job. Although there is merit to your point, HE did not save your job, the merger did-and he was just a player in that scenario, not responsible for it.

That said, all he is doing right now is scrambling to keep the place afloat. Premium revenue is RUNNING out the door, and his management team continues to dismiss both employees and customers who are TRYING to tell them that things are not headed in the right direction.

If they really want to do a good job, they should start listening to their employees and customers and stop with the bad decisions which are a slap in the face to both employees and customers.

Other airlines LISTEN and act--Dougie and Scott think they know EVERYTHING.

Nothing will change until they realize they are not omniscient.

I am glad you still have a job. Let's hope it is for as long as YOU want to have it. Just stop insulting the intelligence of people who know better by saying Doug is doing a great job because he saved yours.....

The customers may be “telling “ him that things are not going in the right direction , but oddly enough their still flying with us …

As for leadership , hotdang that man is doing a fantastic job …. Did you see , what was it ,two months ago when he raised 175 something million by offering more shares ,BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!! And look didn’t we just secure a 49 million dollar US contract for shuttling around troops? ! Hoora!!! That’s over 200 million dollars in just the last two months …

What us airways needs right now more than anything is more MONEY , as much as we can get … and we need to save every last dime … if we have to nickel and dime the customers ,take it right up to the point when they decide they don’t want to fly us anymore ..

Right now the US Economy is burning , burning like ROME … and we’re smack dab in the middle of it … with this credit crisis we need to focus on having liquidity and parker has done a fine job at amassing as much cash on hand as possible , for that he needs to be COMMENDED ….

Right now the other airlines are following OUR lead , we are now the trend setters … that speaks volumes about REAL leadership …

The customers may be “telling “ him that things are not going in the right direction , but oddly enough their still flying with us …

As for leadership , hotdang that man is doing a fantastic job …. Did you see , what was it ,two months ago when he raised 175 something million by offering more shares ,BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!! And look didn’t we just secure a 49 million dollar US contract for shuttling around troops? ! Hoora!!! That’s over 200 million dollars in just the last two months …

What us airways needs right now more than anything is more MONEY , as much as we can get … and we need to save every last dime … if we have to nickel and dime the customers ,take it right up to the point when they decide they don’t want to fly us anymore ..

Right now the US Economy is burning , burning like ROME … and we’re smack dab in the middle of it … with this credit crisis we need to focus on having liquidity and parker has done a fine job at amassing as much cash on hand as possible , for that he needs to be COMMENDED ….

Right now the other airlines are following OUR lead , we are now the trend setters … that speaks volumes about REAL leadership …

OMG, Parker loves little people such as yourself... If Parker is bringing soooo much money to the new US, then why my little kool-aid drinker do you STILLLLL not have a negotiated contract... Please, your posts aren't even worth reading... follow step follow step.....

Trend setters in what?

Labor relations?

Systems integration?

Cutting off your most valuable revenue stream (FF'ers) to focus on junk yield?

OMG, Parker loves little people such as yourself... If Parker is bringing soooo much money to the new US, then why my little kool-aid drinker do you STILLLLL not have a negotiated contract... Please, your posts aren't even worth reading... follow step follow step.....

:blink:

????

Ding dong , it's father time calling ... it's october 2008 ... please wake up ... we got our contract in fleet months ago .... (and i at the time mentioned that we needed to vote YES on it ASAP because going forward the times were going to get worse not better )...

Latest posts

Back