What do you think,,,PIT or CVG

jetpiedmont79

Jan 18, 2006
Think either of these hubs will see a reduction in flights if there is a merger? Possibly a reduction in trans-atlantic (CVG) or an increase (PIT)?

Pull back PHL, close CVG, build up PIT -- works for me!

Later,
Eye
Close Pit giving it completely over to LUV. Then down the road buy out UAL becoming the beast of the air, worldwide.

Glad I have travel privileges, I can go for coffee in Istanbul.

Think either of these hubs will see a reduction in flights if there is a merger? Possibly a reduction in trans-atlantic (CVG) or an increase (PIT)?
:down: :down: Close Pit...pull the plug, FINALLY! Keep CVG, it does well on it own merit. PHL will have to be scaled back due to JFK.

Oh my god. PIT comes up all the freakin time. Close PIT, close LAS, reduce PHL and severly reduce CLT with flights only to the hubs on mainline, lots of rjs coming in from elsewhere. Run major international ops out of JFK and ATL. Use PHL (or PIT) for connecting North/South traffic. ATL and PHX will be connecting points for Central America, Caribbean, and South America. ATL and JFK will be connecting points for transatlantic ops. SLC will be used for domestic connections and possibly Pacific Rim connections. IHMO

If there was a merger, PIT would see the reduction, if for no other reason than Parker's dislike for the oh "so emotional" folks who are still there.

Mr. Roboto would love to lose PIT, and if he did, I would love to see ANY airline swoop in and wreak havoc upon his operation. I can see it now:

Doug: "Scott, why are we being destroyed by Airline X?"

Scott: "Dunno. We must have run out of synergy."

Doug: "Airline X seems to be connecting a lot of traffic through Pittsburgh? How do they do that and make money?"

Scott: "I don't know. It's weird...like, y'know, they can reach all these cities and thingies. And their passengers are, like, y'know, willing to pay for tickets that connect through there."

Doug: "Yeah. That is weird. You don't think we missed something there, do you?"

Scott: "Nah! We have Philadelphia. It's our crown jewel."

Doug: "I guess you're right. Let's buy Lufthansa!"

And the world continues to spin, just like an aviation "expert".

Latest posts