What is a D6LJ code for boarding status?

Did the D2 FA offer her seat so the D3 could get on.... if so that was COOL of Flight Attendant to give up her seat for your fiance.

I never give up my seat for any non-rev. Unless it is someone traveling with me, on my passes.

If a non-rev wants to have other options to get on the plane...

Become a flight attendant or pilot.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='495568' date='Jun 14 2007, 08:07 PM']I never give up my seat for any non-rev. Unless it is someone traveling with me, on my passes.

If a non-rev wants to have other options to get on the plane...

Become a flight attendant or pilot.[/quote]

I know that just because you have jumpseat privilege doesn't mean that you have to get stuck on it but aren't there gray areas where you might think about it?

I've done it before but if I specifically list D1 and wake up at the crack of dawn to be number one on the list you're going to have to pay me to get on that jumpseat!

Did the D2 FA offer her seat so the D3 could get on.... if so that was COOL of Flight Attendant to give up her seat for your fiance.
Nope. The CSM just did it. The FA wasn't particularly happy riding the CJ from SJU to ORD, either.

Said CSM also closed the jetbridge door at exactly 15 minutes before departure, opening up this last empty seat. The last revenue passenger showed up as we were walking down the JB. The CSM was walking us down, the gate agent opened the JB door and wanted to board the passenger, but the CSM just responded with "he's late."

I kept my mouth shut the whole time.

One time, I had a CSM in SJU put my D3 fiancee on and moved a D2 FA to the cabin jumpseat. That was cool.
The F/A should have filed a complaint when she got to base. We can volunteer to give up our seats and ride the jumpseat (as I did yesterday), but we can not be forced to give up a seat to anyone except a revenue passenger.

(And, no I was not trying to be a hero yesterday. I volunteered to take the jumpseat on a 40 minute flight from IAH to DFW. And, I had not one piece of luggage with me. :lol: )

The F/A should have filed a complaint when she got to base. We can volunteer to give up our seats and ride the jumpseat (as I did yesterday), but we can not be forced to give up a seat to anyone except a revenue passenger.

(And, no I was not trying to be a hero yesterday. I volunteered to take the jumpseat on a 40 minute flight from IAH to DFW. And, I had not one piece of luggage with me. :lol: )
He might have, I don't really know. I just kept my mouth shut.

Which was the right thing for you to do (also the smart thing if you ever wanted your fiancee to ever get on a flight again). :lol:

My point was that we can not be required to take a jumpseat for someone in a lower travel classification.

My registered companion was pulled off the airplane once as a D1, and a commuting FA D2 was left on the airplane at JFK in a passenger seat. Unfortunately, when it happens to your friends/family, it is usually too late to do anything but report the problem. Instead of correcting it.

My registered companion was pulled off the airplane once as a D1, and a commuting FA D2 was left on the airplane at JFK in a passenger seat. Unfortunately, when it happens to your friends/family, it is usually too late to do anything but report the problem. Instead of correcting it.

ok, now I'm officially fussy. This happened again and my D3 did not get on. The other person was 1 number below him on the priority list and was put on and my D3 was moved to the next flight. This was out of FLL this morning.

If this is a higher priority listing, they shouldn't have the person listed below the D3s.

To get clarification, is there anyone I can call?

ok, now I'm officially fussy. This happened again and my D3 did not get on. The other person was 1 number below him on the priority list and was put on and my D3 was moved to the next flight. This was out of FLL this morning.

If this is a higher priority listing, they shouldn't have the person listed below the D3s.

If you have access to jetnet or sabre, copy and paste the G*L and email it to the travel bureau. And if you have decs access, you can get the station manager's name from the RF 5432A CTY; carbon the station manager as well. The email is always [email protected].

You might think about avoiding FLL as a start to avoid D3 troubles. Every time I even think of going out of there, everything is stuffed full. Nothings perfect in that situation, especially with the agent treatment of non-revs. I've been on the short end of that stick more than once :blink:

IMHO, sending a D3 out of there is kind of like waiting outside the Super Bowl or the Academy Awards for standby tickets. Todays loads were no exception.

IIRC - D6 Other Airline - LJ "Limited Jumpseat". Allows other airline's pilot who is approved to sit in the cockpit jumpseat but they actually have to sit in coach, provided a jump seat is available in the cockpit.

Not entirely correct if I recall...

D6 = freeloading pilot who is lucky enough to have a recipricol agreement between his airline and AA.

Limited/unlimited indicates if the agreement allows limited or unlimited seats.

L = Limited; the total number of D6L's accommodated on a given flight can't exceed physical jumpseats on the aircraft. If there is one guy from NK and one guy from FDX, they have to duke it out for the one seat available on an MD80 (even if there are two or more empty seats in the Y cabin).

U = Unlimited, which means that a flight out of JFK can carry as many Jetbloo pilots as there are empty seats, even though there's only one physical jumpseat on the aircraft.

J = That's new since I left, and may be an indicator which indicates that the D6 is from a CASS participating carrier, and therefore allowed to ride in the cockpit if there's no cabin seat available.

My guess is that the lack of a J would mean they're not in the CASS system, which then means they can only ride in an empty cabin seat, even if they checked in before a CASS participant.

------------------------------------------------------

nbmcg01 said:

If the person accommodated out of FLL was a D6LJ, it's possible they actually got the jumpseat. Someone with Sabre access can check the G*L0000/PALL and see if they have seat 1W or 2W; that's a dead giveaway that they really did ride in the cockpit, and that your D3 really didn't get screwed.

The only other reasonable explanation for bypassing someone on the list is dress code, but I'm sure you told your D3 to dress for F just in case...

D6 = freeloading pilot who is lucky enough to have a recipricol agreement between his airline and AA.

My opinion is we could do without the "freeloading" comment re: the cockpit.

Not surprised though. Most of us CP crew at AA spent the first decade with the JS agreements apologizing to the OA riders for the juvenile treatment and leadership, as well as the crappy administration of the program.

At other airlines, we were treated like guests at the Ritz. On the other hand at AA, our system treated many of our JS riders like new inmates at Rikers Island, maybe worse since the inmates would at least get food and water.

My opinion is we could do without the "freeloading" comment re: the cockpit.

Not surprised though. Most of us CP crew at AA spent the first decade with the JS agreements apologizing to the OA riders for the juvenile treatment and leadership, as well as the crappy administration of the program.

At other airlines, we were treated like guests at the Ritz. On the other hand at AA, our system treated many of our JS riders like new inmates at Rikers Island, maybe worse since the inmates would at least get food and water.

You might be offended by the term freeloader, what else would you like it to be called when you're riding in a cabin seat for free when other employees are being forced to pay their way??

Perhaps you need to take a step back and appreciate where the animosity for the program comes from.

When the D6 program first rolled out, I was working at JFK, and it wasn't at all uncommon to see commuting pilots for PA, TW, etc. sitting in the F cabin on a JFK-LAX or JFK-SFO flight when we closed the door.

At the same time, AA commuters were paying for their Y seat, as were OAL commuters who had to buy ID90 or ID75's.

I understand the courtesy of offering jumpseats or a seat in the main cabin, but consider this: the 25 year employee actually earned the right to sit in the seat that the OA pilot was sitting in for free. Likewise for the person who paid for an ID75, or perhaps a top tier customer who paid for a full fare ticket.

We gave out a lot of comp upgrades in those days, and I knew more than a few agents who would fill up the F cabin just to make sure that jumpseaters would be sitting in the main cabin.....

As a customer, if I paid for an upgrade, and were seated next to a jumpseater from another airline, I'd be pissed. And I'd be asking for a refund on my upgrade, since if it's available for free to a pilot from Brand X, I shouldn't have to pay for it as a platinum or gold.

Latest posts

Back