What is the rush?

Why are you so afraid of a vote?
Do you work for DL or follow anything that they have done to the DL ramp in the past? With out some sort of bounds for these people to work within, they can and I feal will send us packing. So I am not afraid to work with out a union contract, just as long it isn't for the fu#ks that run DL.

They are waiting. Waiting to (desperately) hope that Obama is going to appoint a union friendly NMB member in place of Van De Water. So when they lose again they have a last chance hope in getting the NMB to sprinkle fairy dust and make it all better. Pathetic. :down:

Sounds like a fairly reasonable request. If this issue truly is as cut and dry as some would like others to believe, then why not demand the IAM and DAL management present the facts in a clear and concise manner before affected parties and let people make an informed decision based on these facts. It seems the longer this drags on, the more tangled the web becomes.

They are waiting. Waiting to (desperately) hope that Obama is going to appoint a union friendly NMB member in place of Van De Water. So when they lose again they have a last chance hope in getting the NMB to sprinkle fairy dust and make it all better. Pathetic. :down:
What is pathetic are your feeble attempts to sway the vote.

You are doing more to help the unions' cause than any steward hand billing at the gate...

.......I keep tellin' ya..........I keep tellin' ya...........

I do not trust Dickie at all! PERIOD. No form, no way, no how.
Why do you think that there was all of this strife at NW before? It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why.

Now he and Stealin' Steenland is bring all of this to the new DL. After the "pay increase" notices, that should have been a red flag right there. Now the fun begins with the Ground Ops, and all the anxiety that it will bring.
NO ONE IS SAFE......NOT EVEN IN THE HUBS!

After the destruction of the ramp, just wait for what's in store for inflight....... :shock:

Anyone associated with that POS Lorenzo is bad news. He's learned is craft at is feet, and now that he has a bigger airline to play with.....watch out!

Do whatever you guys and gals have to do, but GET IT IN WRITING NOW OR YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!!!

Did I answer your question as to what I may be afraid of with the Richard/DL combo?
Do you think that my concerns are warrented or am I being paranoid?

I understand why you may be afraid of the Richard/DL combo,but why are people afraid of their co-workers voting?

to be quite honest, personally have not experienced one NW Flight Attendant Manager even remotely mentioning anything of the sort.

It is happening at NW Inflight on a daily basis. Phrases like "try it without a union for a year" and others abound

It is happening at NW Inflight on a daily basis. Phrases like "try it without a union for a year" and others abound
Hi,
daily at which bases and where?
I go to the mail room, the check in phone, stop into the lounge and say Hi to whomever, check my line in the computer room and then head to the gate, and I dont encounter any managers, so where are these occurances happening? but then I dont hang out at inflight most of the day either..

the only times I have ever seen any manager is on the concourse or the briefing rooms, other than Flight Attendants the only other people I see are the support staff at check-in and since I do not have issues having to talk to them.. in the offices, I cannot imagine where this can be happening?

do you get called into the office often?

First off, please don't refer to me as "it". Second, I didn't want to have to quit. Working for a company that has proven over the years to show zero loyalty to its outstation employees (farm out), puts a family man like myself in the position of moving on. Without a union to protect my rights and Delta running the show I have no other choice. It isn't a secret that I don't care for your organization. Delta continues to call itself one of the greatest and continues to come in behind many other airlines in many categories. Could you transfer the bags already.

As to your source, the fact that you are so close to management says to me that you can't be very objective on the matter. I am sure that your manager tells you the truth with the open relationship that we hear about everyday but never see.

I, on the other hand, may not be very objective on the subject do to my piss poor attitude on this merger. With lay offs announced weekly I am not feeling the synergy. That being said, I have heard more people singing my same tune around these blogs than the Kumbaya crap that we hear form your camp.

Right or wrong, the company will continue to play its games of misinformation and the unions will get the truth to the people. We will have OUR vote in due time. On our schedule, not managments.
I had to chuckle about the it statement when I reread my post. It did kind of look like I called you "it" but I didn't. The "it" I was referring to was the quote you said your manager made.

Yes, you do have a horrible attitude and it is most likely best that you move on to another line of work, that is if you can find work. There is a nasty recession/depression going on you know. I don't agree with the contracting of work in this company, never have and never will. So it is safe to say I don't agree with what Delta mangement says and does in every aspect and I voice my views when given the chance, however, a union will not stop contracting out certain areas in this or any other company.

What you may be calling misinformation is most likely due to changes because of our economic environment. If you have ever had your own business you would know change/adjustment has to happen in some situations. You being a family man you can't tell me you haven't had to make some changes financially to try to deal with these economic hardships we face. I have cut my spending pretty much in half.

You have a misconception that unions are perfect and my company is completely full of bs. I guess I would call it union kumbaya crap. I will have to reiterate, ask your mechanics about that issue.

I would love to add more to this reply but my new puppy is running down the hall with an important paper in his mouth.

you do realize that doesnt actually mean something was never said before.. maybe he told you what you needed to hear?

This is someone I would trust with my sons life. Believe me, he would tell me truthfully. I can say that maybe some things were said that he was not privvy to but doubtful.

So it is safe to say I don't agree with what Delta mangement says and does in every aspect and I voice my views when given the chance, however, a union will not stop contracting out certain areas in this or any other company.

Having representation will certainly do more to stem the tide of outsourcing than the current autocracy you guys enjoy... All one has to do is take a look at what the company (NW) wanted to do to the Ground Ops. group vs. what work was saved to see that.

It's funny you mention the AMT's & AMFA; you realize a good lot of the same management are at DL now, right?

You have a misconception that unions are perfect and my company is completely full of bs.

No one claims that unions are perfect; only that they are necessary. Especially true with Anderson, Hirst, and Campbell, IMO.

... And, yes, a good 85% of the corporate memos from DL that I've seen addressing this issue are full of BS, or at best half-truths.

You don't see how they put out just enough misinformation so that the union has to spend time "correcting" it to everyone, rather than focusing on organizing/moving forward?

Yes, you do have a horrible attitude and it is most likely best that you move on to another line of work, that is if you can find work. There is a nasty recession/depression going on you know. I
My attitude is with the company and the way management has disrespected their employees. I don't take it out on my coworkers or the customers. I have, and will continue to give till it hurts. As for the recession, I have been planning my exit for over two years now. This recession is not a new event. Airline employees have been in it for the last eight years now.

My attitude is with the company and the way management has disrespected their employees. I don't take it out on my coworkers or the customers. I have, and will continue to give till it hurts. As for the recession, I have been planning my exit for over two years now. This recession is not a new event. Airline employees have been in it for the last eight years now.
The airlines cut more than 28,000 jobs in 2008 alone. :unsure:

Latest posts