What new route would you choose for US Airways

gaucho99

Senior
Dec 21, 2006
If you could add one route we currently do not serve, what would it be? Let's make it one domestic and one international.

For domestic, I would choose CLT-SLC. Nobody serves this route non stop...DL started it back when we tried to merge with them but they must have dropped it. If you live in slc and you want to travel to Europe on US, you have to go via phx, then via clt or phl. This would open up markets we currently do not compete in.

For international, I would select CLT-EZE. Seems a logical addition to South America; an area we want to grow in and other airlines flying to Buenos Aires seem to do pretty good.

Not limited at 1 but would offer some choices only Charlotte and Philadelphia.
DOMESTIC
Philadelphia
-Austin
-San Jose
-Orange County
-Salt Lake City
-Memphis
-Albuquerque
Charlotte
-Albuquerque
-Orange County
-Salt Lake City
-Colorado Springs
-Omaha
INTERNATIONAL
Philadelphia
-Mexico City
-Berlin
-Moscow
-Warsaw
-Cairo
Charlotte
-Caracas
-Buenos Aries
-Lima
-Quito
-Guayaquil
-London-Heathrow
-Sao Paulo
-Santiago
Phoenix I will leave for someone else to do as I am not sure of their route structure that well.

-

PDX-CLT?
PHL_CPH?

as long as we are dreaming, how about year round service to some the seasonal European cities? Heck, CO flies to BRS (Bristol) year round. Bristol?

Domestic -

CLT - ABQ
PHL - SNA
CLT - SNA
PHX - MIA
PHX - SJU
DFW - LGA

International -

PHX - FRA
PHL - NRT
PHX - NRT
CLT - LIM
CLT - EZE
PHX - LIM

Domestic:

PHL/AUS...SW is pulling out of this market next month Tempe...Hello???
PHL/SAT
PHL/ABQ

International:

CLT/Europe...'nuff said
PHL/Middle East...What UA does to the Orient, we could do to the Middle East. I know it would take different a/c, but it's a wide open market from the east coast right now. I'm dreaming.
PHL seasonal service to year round

That's my wish list.

DOMESTIC MAINLINE
PHL-SNA
PHL-SLC
PHL-HNL
PHL-AUS

DOMESTIC EXPRESS
CLT-HVN
CLT-BTV
CLT-OMA
DCA-HVN
DCA-ISP
DCA-YUL(YES I KNOW, CANANDA)
DCA-NAS

INTERNATIONAL MAINLINE
PHL-TXL
PHL-SVO
PHL-DXB
PHL-JNB via ACC or DKR
PHL-CPH
PHL-GRU
PHL-LHR a second flight in this market is needed if LHR slots allow.
CLT-EZE
CLT-GRU
CLT-LIM
CLT-MUC
CLT-TLV
PHX-LHR
PHX-FRA

PHL-WAW
PHL-PRG
PHL-VIE
PHX-HNL-SYD or PHL-HNL-SYD
PHX-BZE
PHX-BDL
PHX-MIA
PHL-SNN (bring it back)
PHX-GUA
PHX-SJU
PHX-CLD (bring it back)
PHL-MEX
CLT-MEX
PHL-IST
PHL-CAI
PHX-LHR
PHX-FRA

PHL-MEX
CLT-MEX

I think we already fly CLT-MEX.

My picks:

PHX-FRA
PHX-MSY

Of course, I can't just stop myself at two. Nonstop from SLC to CLT and/or PHL would also be a welcome addition. One other route would be PHX-NRT. On certain days I see a decent amount of originating traffic connecting to many points in Asia on our LAX flights, so I wonder how many of those pax would instead bypass LAX and connect on the other side.

One other route would be PHX-NRT. On certain days I see a decent amount of originating traffic connecting to many points in Asia on our LAX flights, so I wonder how many of those pax would instead bypass LAX and connect on the other side.

Depending on what happens with JAL and also our own future in the Star Alliance, PHX/NRT would be an excellent addition. Also, PHX/LHR and FRA would work well too. Add them to my list.

DOT just opened the application period for the 4 U.S.-Haneda frequencies that are supposed to be available this fall (the other Tokyo airport that'll have slots available when the new runway opens). Wonder if US will apply?

Jim

I would like to see express from hvn to clt.The airport has added overruns and has cut many trees to the north of main runway.In the past the useable lenght has been limited due to obstructions but after 40 years of fighting with east haven,two court rulings have given the green light to the overruns and clearing the flight paths.At 5600 feet,the erj170 should have no problem operating at hvn.If key west at 4800 feet can handle 737-700,s to both orlando via delta and atlanta via airtran,hvn should be a breeze.It is one of the most underserved airports in the country.

As far as international destinations,what about eastern europe E.I. prague,warsaw,belgrade,budapest.

CLT-TLV 4-5 weekly
PHX-TLV on the rest of the week

PHL-ANC with better times for connections to/from TLV...

And even - CDG-TLV :up: (but that would not happen).

and please add F class to your regional jets!!!

Back