What the deal AMP

You pray to God? Seriously?

Ok let’s pop in a dose of reality here again. driver even if you had been with your fav Union the IBT if the Company didn’t want to deal with you and you weren’t willing to relent you’d still be right where you are right now. And that would go the same for if you had the TWU or IAM also.

Sorry man but the pray to God shtick was WAYYYYYY over the top now. They’re not freakin bombed out Sirian refugees for cripes sake.
If people feel opressed for whatever reason, and they want change, I pray they find the courage to do it, if that is their conviction. As far as the IBT , I voted that they stayed, but I was outvoted. AMFA built off the Teamsters contracts, even with our stock options that were carried over, but people were so desperate to get rid of the Teamsters, that we voted the contract in , in 2002. All of AMFA contracts since 2002 have been extensions, up until trying to renew this contract , that came up for renewal in 2012. They decided for whatever reason, they wanted full section 6. Weazz I always said a Union is a business regardless of what Union it is, they can only get what management is willing to give you. If you like the Association and you think they do a good job, then keep them. If the mechanics hate them, ,and want a change, I hope they can change their situation. I Don't like AMFA, but if no one wants to change it, then it stays the same.

Last edited:
If people feel opressed for whatever reason, and they want change, I pray they find the courage to do it, if that is their conviction. As far as the IBT , I voted that they stayed, but I was outvoted. AMFA built off the Teamsters contracts, even with our stock options that were carried over, but people were so desperate to get rid of the Teamsters, that we voted the contract in , in 2002. All of AMFA contracts since 2002 have been extensions, up until trying to renew this contract , that came up for renewal in 2012. They decided for whatever reason, they wanted full section 6. Weazz I always said a Union is a business regardless of what Union it is, they can only get what management is willing to give you. If you like the Association and you think they do a good job, then keep them. If the mechanics hate them, ,and want a change, I hope they can change their situation. I Don't like AMFA, but if no one wants to change it, then it stays the same.

When the day comes that they gain a Representation election for whoever and they vote and actually “rid” or “oust” the Association then I’ll know that the “Mechanics” (Meaning the majority) was finally truly not satisfied with their current situation. Otherwise and in the meantime.

As for me I’m just glad I’m not working for any outfit that doesn’t have representation and have no contract. I’ll always support having a legally binding Employment Contract. The Labor organization actually being irrelevant.

“Agreement” = “Contract”

Forget about my ego Miss Smith. I know it’s pretty big. You’re a very attractive Lady. Perhaps if you’re ever in South Florida we could get together for a few drinks and maybe a boat ride?

I’ve always been partial to Blonds.

Yes, I'm hot and I know it. Kinda like you!

Sorry, I'll pass on the boat ride. I find men from north of the Mason-Dixon line irritating!

Buck I hear where you are at. I have wanted to increase my 401k contribution from 12% to 15%. We are at the 6 years mark when we finally got a T/A . I think the only reason they finally signed off, because AMFA is afraid they were going

Buck I will tell you this, I wanted to increase my 401k from 12% to 15% for the last 6 years, so I hear you. I really think the only reason AMFA agreed to this T/A, because there were rumblings calling for their replacement. Now the new game they are playing is we will probably not vote till the end of August. Which by the time you count the votes, you are 160 days past AIP. Like I said most of the complainers or no voters are on social media, bitching about it. People who vote yes, just vote. I really believe Buck you guys can change your situation, I pray to God that you do.
Last night on Facebook an SWA Mechanic started sparing with me over Outsourcing at SWA He became angry because I guess I am from American.anyway he has not shown himself today.

When the day comes that they gain a Representation election for whoever and they vote and actually “rid” or “oust” the Association then I’ll know that the “Mechanics” (Meaning the majority) was finally truly not satisfied with their current situation. Otherwise and in the meantime.

As for me I’m just glad I’m not working for any outfit that doesn’t have representation and have no contract. I’ll always support having a legally binding Employment Contract. The Labor organization actually being irrelevant.

“Agreement” = “Contract”
Fleet surely cannot trust the Association which keeps you divided from your IAM peers.

You pray to God? Seriously?

Ok let’s pop in a dose of reality here again. driver even if you had been with your fav Union the IBT if the Company didn’t want to deal with you and you weren’t willing to relent you’d still be right where you are right now. And that would go the same for if you had the TWU or IAM also.

Sorry man but the pray to God shtick was WAYYYYYY over the top now. They’re not freakin bombed out Sirian refugees for cripes sake.
Repressing one's religion really does not go real far with this American Veteran, especially when you spell Syrian incorrectly.

I'm sure the AMFA members will, but you know it won't stay quiet. After 34 years my opinion of the Executive Negotiators is not very good. I have chosen to be in a career that in this case is unionized, which I want, but their internal structure I don't agree with, but I did make this choice.
That is about the most mature post I have read on this forum in...... forever.

What does AMP stand for? I'm unable to find anything about the organization while doing a google search?

“Association of Maintenance Professionals”

You can’t find it because the idea and Webpage were abandoned back in 2014. There’s still a Facebook page but the last posting was October 29, 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/AMP.AA.2010/

If you want AMP it will need to be started again pretty much from scratch.

Last night on Facebook an SWA Mechanic started sparing with me over Outsourcing at SWA He became angry because I guess I am from American.anyway he has not shown himself today.
We have always outsourced that's why we have only 2400 members, ,and less than that are aircraft mechanics. We have never did heavy D checks.

Repressing one's religion really does not go real far with this American Veteran, especially when you spell Syrian incorrectly.

Sorry Buck. I just don’t think God likes being annoyed so much and for such trivial (greedy) issues is all.

We have always outsourced that's why we have only 2400 members, ,and less than that are aircraft mechanics. We have never did heavy D checks.
Could you define your D check? Our 737 "Heavy C" is cabin stripped Structure inspected and repaired, Wings check all flight controls inspected and overhauled, Fuselage Inspected with an ADL, Stabilizer, and Verticle also inspected etc..and put back together and several ECO's for systems and Avionics.

Reactions: B737 driver
Could you define your D check? Our 737 "Heavy C" is cabin stripped Structure inspected and repaired, Wings check all flight controls inspected and overhauled, Fuselage Inspected with an ADL, Stabilizer, and Verticle also inspected etc..and put back together and several ECO's for systems and Avionics.
We don’t do anywhere near the heavy C checks in Dallas that AA does and the heavy checks, Y checks they’re called, are basically phase checks. We definitely don’t build Cadillacs at SW like were done in Tulsa.