What the deal AMP

One thing about the picture I posted, is in the past when a slogan alone or on a T-Shirt was made, certain sectors of the membership made fun of these. The cause being that the union seems powerless in the face of the International and as we are seeing now with the faction called the Association.

So if the International or the Association is who you consider to be your enemy then you must be on the side of the Company. You say that you’re powerless against them. So I have to conclude that you want to accept what the Company has proposed?

“”””Now if we could just get to the contractual ratification and 401k matching of at least 9% I can recover my losses.””””

Last edited:
One thing about the picture I posted, is in the past when a slogan alone or on a T-Shirt was made, certain sectors of the membership made fun of these. The cause being that the union seems powerless in the face of the International and as we are seeing now with the faction called the Association.
It's how the union stays in control. Keep the membership divided. Contrary to what others may say all you have to do is look at the different groups within the TWU and you can see how much they differ in contractual language. VC, sick time, OT multipliers and so on. The larger groups usually fair better since they contribute more in total dues than the smaller ones. We are divided more now because of the creation of the dysfunctional Association.
Dispatchers bailed and now we have a financial drive to explore another card drive. No one decides to go this route if the troops are happy.

So if the International or the Association is who you consider to be your enemy then you must be on the side of the Company. You say that you’re powerless against them. So I have to conclude that you want to accept what the Company has proposed?
More manipulation and social engineering by a manipulative tool.

It amazes me how many people put "winner" and "agree" on his posts. Can't you guys see this clown for what he really is?

“”””Now if we could just get to the contractual ratification and 401k matching of at least 9% I can recover my losses.””””
I am looking to finish off my career and start retirement. Even the TWU International prevents the Locals from full autonomy. To get a union item change under the TWU structure takes the Constitutional Convention where the Air Division is massively outnumbered. The Association is not even listening to the Locals, let alone the membership. As for the company offer, every day we delay we as members/employees are losing money. One of my wishes for this contract is a 401k match that matches the industry and in particular my peers at other carriers, just as wages and other benefits. I will even take equal sick day cost with the rest of the membership. Since the representative I pay to represent me, will not step up and reveal what the rest of the negotiations the company is not showing the members as in the company's so-called complete offer. The obvious control the IAM has over the team with the Association taking our dues. Why do you think the mechanics in at least Tulsa and I believe other stations and more coming that are rebelling against the Association? To make it very clear, I would need to see the company proposal before I want any offer, the union says there is more. If the union does not get on the ball soon I will join those that are ready to accept a vote of the union membership. So you and I are powerless against the Association and the respective International's.

It's how the union stays in control. Keep the membership divided. Contrary to what others may say all you have to do is look at the different groups within the TWU and you can see how much they differ in contractual language. VC, sick time, OT multipliers and so on. The larger groups usually fair better since they contribute more in total dues than the smaller ones. We are divided more now because of the creation of the dysfunctional Association.
Dispatchers bailed and now we have a financial drive to explore another card drive. No one decides to go this route if the troops are happy.
I agree, but I want to make it clear the card drive is for the removal of the Association.

Reactions: swamt
I am looking to finish off my career and start retirement. Even the TWU International prevents the Locals from full autonomy. To get a union item change under the TWU structure takes the Constitutional Convention where the Air Division is massively outnumbered. The Association is not even listening to the Locals, let alone the membership. As for the company offer, every day we delay we as members/employees are losing money. One of my wishes for this contract is a 401k match that matches the industry and in particular my peers at other carriers, just as wages and other benefits. I will even take equal sick day cost with the rest of the membership. Since the representative I pay to represent me, will not step up and reveal what the rest of the negotiations the company is not showing the members as in the company's so-called complete offer. The obvious control the IAM has over the team with the Association taking our dues. Why do you think the mechanics in at least Tulsa and I believe other stations and more coming that are rebelling against the Association? To make it very clear, I would need to see the company proposal before I want any offer, the union says there is more. If the union does not get on the ball soon I will join those that are ready to accept a vote of the union membership. So you and I are powerless against the Association and the respective International's.

Ok fair enough and quite a few good thoughts in this post. But I still don’t “think” that the Executive Negotiators have been handed anything from the Company in complete detail even if they were willing to show it all to us? If they did I wouldn’t care about the complete details until they have a chance to put that all together anyway.

Even the Company has not come back and said that it’s a lie when they’ve been challenged that they haven’t actually handed our Negotiators anything. So they haven’t actually handed them anything then if they won’t refute.

To be fair Buck if you noticed even your fav AMFA got an AIP Months ago and had to put it all down in complete writing to make sure it’s all Legal and to verify intent. That should soon be released to those Members?

Ok fair enough and quite a few good thoughts in this post. But I still don’t “think” that the Executive Negotiators have been handed anything from the Company in complete detail even if they were willing to show it all to us? If they did I wouldn’t care about the complete details until they have a chance to put that all together anyway.

Even the Company has not come back and said that it’s a lie when they’ve been challenged that they haven’t actually handed our Negotiators anything. So they haven’t actually handed them anything then if they won’t refute.

To be fair Buck if you noticed even your fav AMFA got an AIP Months ago and had to put it all down in complete writing to make sure it’s all Legal and to verify intent. That should soon be released to those Members?
I'm sure the AMFA members will, but you know it won't stay quiet. After 34 years my opinion of the Executive Negotiators is not very good. I have chosen to be in a career that in this case is unionized, which I want, but their internal structure I don't agree with, but I did make this choice.

Reactions: B737 driver
Do you know someone who always has to have the last word in a conversation or an argument? Everyone has come across this type of person and knows how sad it is when you see it.

Having the last word is closely associated with ego. Egomaniacs always have to have the last word. It gives them a feeling of power, as if they immediate draw all of the power of the person they are communicating with and become powerful due to it.

This feeling is short-lived as it is only a state of mind, and most people who have any sense of understanding of human psychology knows that people that do this are only doing it because they feel insecure, competitive, hardheaded and lack confidence often in their own intellect.

A person who has to have the last word is fundamentally flawed. Their flaws are for the world to see. They may be charismatic and draw people in, but if you listen to their conversations and in the modern age, look at their posts on social media, you will see a common thread of egocentricity and a need for supremacy.

Those who have to have the last word feel uncomfortable when that power is taken away from them and they usually end up fighting or in an argument because this has been taken away from them. They lash out and look for ways to rectify this.

People with this "disease" usually strive to be the only voice over the people around them. They often never rise to the top in career or business, so they adapt their personal profiles so that they can be seen as "winning" in some area that they feel no-one can compete.

Their need for respect and to be liked, more so than those around them, usually is their undoing.

If you have to have the last say, think to yourself, "what am I afraid of?" Because ultimately, having the last say, means nothing.

Let's just see if it's true!!

I'm sure the AMFA members will, but you know it won't stay quiet. After 34 years my opinion of the Executive Negotiators is not very good. I have chosen to be in a career that in this case is unionized, which I want, but their internal structure I don't agree with, but I did make this choice.

Thumbs up. Thank you again Buck for the courteous, civil and adult response.

You guys really need to share this more often to keep your momentum going.

https://www.gofundme.com/9wqx2-eliminate-the-association

Do you know someone who always has to have the last word in a conversation or an argument? Everyone has come across this type of person and knows how sad it is when you see it.

Having the last word is closely associated with ego. Egomaniacs always have to have the last word. It gives them a feeling of power, as if they immediate draw all of the power of the person they are communicating with and become powerful due to it.

This feeling is short-lived as it is only a state of mind, and most people who have any sense of understanding of human psychology knows that people that do this are only doing it because they feel insecure, competitive, hardheaded and lack confidence often in their own intellect.

A person who has to have the last word is fundamentally flawed. Their flaws are for the world to see. They may be charismatic and draw people in, but if you listen to their conversations and in the modern age, look at their posts on social media, you will see a common thread of egocentricity and a need for supremacy.

Those who have to have the last word feel uncomfortable when that power is taken away from them and they usually end up fighting or in an argument because this has been taken away from them. They lash out and look for ways to rectify this.

People with this "disease" usually strive to be the only voice over the people around them. They often never rise to the top in career or business, so they adapt their personal profiles so that they can be seen as "winning" in some area that they feel no-one can compete.

Their need for respect and to be liked, more so than those around them, usually is their undoing.

If you have to have the last say, think to yourself, "what am I afraid of?" Because ultimately, having the last say, means nothing.

Let's just see if it's true!!

Goodness Miss Smith that was an absolutely wonderful and insightful summation you came up with there. Intellectual enlightening.

https://www.marketingeye.com/blog/culture/why-egomaniacs-have-to-have-the-last-word.html

2.jpg

Mellissah Smith
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.

Goodness Miss Smith that was an absolutely wonderful and insightful summation you came up with there. Intellectual enlightening.

https://www.marketingeye.com/blog/culture/why-egomaniacs-have-to-have-the-last-word.html

2.jpg

Mellissah Smith
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.

Thank You.

Thank You.

Forget about my ego Miss Smith. I know it’s pretty big. You’re a very attractive Lady. Perhaps if you’re ever in South Florida we could get together for a few drinks and maybe a boat ride?

I’ve always been partial to Blonds.

Buck I hear where you are at. I have wanted to increase my 401k contribution from 12% to 15%. We are at the 6 years mark when we finally got a T/A . I think the only reason they finally signed off, because AMFA is afraid they were going
Buck I will tell you this, I wanted to increase my 401k from 12% to 15% for the last 6 years, so I hear you. I really think the only reason AMFA agreed to this T/A, because there were rumblings calling for their replacement. Now the new game they are playing is we will probably not vote till the end of August. Which by the time you count the votes, you are 160 days past AIP. Like I said most of the complainers or no voters are on social media, bitching about it. People who vote yes, just vote. I really believe Buck you guys can change your situation, I pray to God that you do.

Buck I hear where you are at. I have wanted to increase my 401k contribution from 12% to 15%. We are at the 6 years mark when we finally got a T/A . I think the only reason they finally signed off, because AMFA is afraid they were going

Buck I will tell you this, I wanted to increase my 401k from 12% to 15% for the last 6 years, so I hear you. I really think the only reason AMFA agreed to this T/A, because there were rumblings calling for their replacement. Now the new game they are playing is we will probably not vote till the end of August. Which by the time you count the votes, you are 160 days past AIP. Like I said most of the complainers or no voters are on social media, bitching about it. People who vote yes, just vote. I really believe Buck you guys can change your situation, I pray to God that you do.

You pray to God? Seriously?

Ok let’s pop in a dose of reality here again. driver even if you had been with your fav Union the IBT if the Company didn’t want to deal with you and you weren’t willing to relent you’d still be right where you are right now. And that would go the same for if you had the TWU or IAM also.

Sorry man but the pray to God shtick was WAYYYYYY over the top now. They’re not freakin bombed out Sirian refugees for cripes sake.

Latest posts