What the deal AMP

The association has not posted anything on the union website on the progress of the negotiations. I for one say continue to sign cards. I know the last card drive by the IBT did not fair so well. The IAM kept talking about the pension and keeping it. Now I have not seen a business agent around in more than 6 months. The Association will not be able to keep the pension or the medical I currently have. Stop telling me the union is only as strong as its members. The association keeps us in the dark! I say I will be happy to see them go!!!!!
Most would love to see them go...

The card signing has continued and if anything has picked up in intensity. The Association is our best organizer by far.
Of course they are.

Where is this progress reported. Has the ASS put out an update?
No update from the ASS of course. Just shows how the rumors are picking up speed as the ASS feels the pressure from the AMP card drive.
The lies about getting more and more progress towards a T/A will continue to try and sway people from signing cards.

So with our first and last day of negotiations in 2018 under mediation coming October 30th, does anyone really think much will be accomplished?
Does anyone still think we are close to a T/A? How much longer should we wait before we get you hold outs to sign an AMP card? Some say now is not a good time. I hope the guys that said that had an opportunity to look at the mediators schedule. That schedule is worse than what we did without mediation. So how much longer? When will it be a good time?
Another year of five holidays.
Another year of 1.5 OT.
Another year of lost contributions to 401k.
The list goes on and on.
How much longer should we wait?
What happens after the last scheduled talks in February?
Should we still wait?
Do we still want to say it's not the right time?
I would not be surprised if the pilots will have a T/A before we get through mediation. That means they will be in contract #2 post BK. So let me ask again.
How much longer should we wait?
When will it be the right time? Maybe the right time will be when the pilots get their third contract post BK. Wake up guys.
We need to take control of our title groups. This association is run by Fleet service. Our Maintenance negotiations are controlled by the IAM. When you realize this then maybe this will be the right time to sign an AMP card. Are we that close to a T/A? Even the association won't tell us the truth. Who's running this circus?

Last edited:
We need to take control of our title groups. This association is run by Fleet service. Our Maintenance negotiations are controlled by the IAM. When you realize this then maybe this will be the right time to sign an AMP card. Are we that close to a T/A? Even the association won't tell us the truth. Who's running this circus?

You keep throwing out the BS here and I’ll keep calling you out on it. It’s that simple.

The Association is run by Fleet Service? That’s a LIE.

Alex Garcia is a FSC by his background yes.
Sito Pantoja is an AMT
Gary Peterson is an AMT
Tom Regan is an AMT

Maintenance talks are NOT controlled by the IAM. Both Unions have the exact same voting authority and as a matter of fact the Company wants more AMT and Related jobs on the TWU side by far than the IAM side.

It’s been over a week since I posted that (unanswered) question from the AMP FB page? When will someone answer that AMT’s questions?

We are not close to a TA if the Company or Association don’t want to move. But the Circus is run by the Company since the Company holds the checkbook.

Will we be doing this again later or tomorrow 1AA?

You keep throwing out the BS here and I’ll keep calling you out on it. It’s that simple.

Sito Pantoja is an AMT
Gary Peterson is an AMT
Tom Regan is an AMT

Maintenance talks are NOT controlled by the IAM. Both Unions have the exact same voting authority and as a matter of fact the Company wants more AMT and Related jobs on the TWU side by far than the IAM side.

It’s been over a week since I posted that (unanswered) question from the AMP FB page? When will someone answer that AMT’s questions?

We are not close to a TA if the Company or Association don’t want to move. But the Circus is run by the Company since the Company holds the checkbook.

You sir are correct, fleet service does not run the association. The iam does, now fleet service (alex) is allowed to carry briefcases and serve lunch to sito and the iam. Its all good, theres a plan somewhere.

Reactions: 1AA

Sito Pantoja is an AMT
Gary Peterson is an AMT
Tom Regan is an AMT

Maintenance complains about their Association and all the stuff they are losing. Our last vote with AMFA failed after 6 years of negotiations, every group at Southwest, except stores and us, has eventually ratified a contract and moved on. We are still trying to get a contract, now the other groups who have enjoyed their successful contracts, are coming due again. So don't think a new Union at American is going to change your guys path with Parker, quickly.

You sir are correct, fleet service does not run the association. The iam does, now fleet service (alex) is allowed to carry briefcases and serve lunch to sito and the iam. Its all good, theres a plan somewhere.

Ok this stuff is finally starting to get a chuckle out of me. I’m not sure Alex is anyone’s whipping boy particularly since the dude is the size of Herman Munster.

But anyway let me ask you. You don’t think the IAM would care about increasing their Scope as much as the TWU wouldn’t want any of there’s to shrink?

More heads mean more dues and more revenue.

Maintenance complains about their Association and all the stuff they are losing. Our last vote with AMFA failed after 6 years of negotiations, every group at Southwest, except stores and us, has eventually ratified a contract and moved on. We are still trying to get a contract, now the other groups who have enjoyed their successful contracts, are coming due again. So don't think a new Union at American is going to change your guys path with Parker, quickly.
Hey, we are.on the six year plan to! I think the plan is for the association to drag it out to experience the benefits as long as they can, before the settle for whats on the table now. No not looking to vote on it im looking for the iam to fight instead of sticking their head in the sand. But since the iam is in charge we will see what they plan. In the meantime alex hold the pickles please.

Reactions: 1AA