Whats it like over there?

Al Clark

Apr 16, 2008
Michigan!
Visit site
Of course, a million questions are being asked here in DTW about the merger, and how it will effect them. I am just wondering if any Delta A and P's could fill us in on some of the basic, such as typical shift rotations, base and premium pay, and what not. On the inspection side, how is your RII and NDT programs run? Here at NWA we are pretty much 'Jack of all trades" inspectors. Most of us do recieving, rii, general, and NDT combined. With the exeption of a dedicated recieving dept, we are all lumped together as general inspectors.
Our maint. reporting system, and about half of our overall computer sytems, are based on SCEPTRE, which is a pretty archaic 70's era system. I hope you guys got a better system!
Over all, I am pretty pleased with our maint. instruction cards, although they are a continous work in progress.
Bottom line is, I am more interesteed in the TECHNICAL side of how you do things than I am in the contractual side. Let the bigshot lawyers and bean counters figure that stuff out..I wanna know how you guys fix your airplanes!

Of course, a million questions are being asked here in DTW about the merger, and how it will effect them. I am just wondering if any Delta A and P's could fill us in on some of the basic, such as typical shift rotations, base and premium pay, and what not. On the inspection side, how is your RII and NDT programs run? Here at NWA we are pretty much 'Jack of all trades" inspectors. Most of us do recieving, rii, general, and NDT combined. With the exeption of a dedicated recieving dept, we are all lumped together as general inspectors.
Our maint. reporting system, and about half of our overall computer sytems, are based on SCEPTRE, which is a pretty archaic 70's era system. I hope you guys got a better system!
Over all, I am pretty pleased with our maint. instruction cards, although they are a continous work in progress.
Bottom line is, I am more interesteed in the TECHNICAL side of how you do things than I am in the contractual side. Let the bigshot lawyers and bean counters figure that stuff out..I wanna know how you guys fix your airplanes!
Look out Delta Techs, looks like this scabbie is already planning to take your job next. I wouldn't give this pos any information, next thing you know he'll be using it against you for his own personal gain. :ph34r:

Oh and good luck, all the scabs at NW are the same way...Watch your backs. :down:

Look out Delta Techs, looks like this scabbie is already planning to take your job next. I wouldn't give this pos any information, next thing you know he'll be using it against you for his own personal gain. :ph34r:

Oh and good luck, all the scabs at NW are the same way...Watch your backs. :down:
Ahh, Gee ground, you say the sweetest things! I trust all is still well in "Conspiracy land"?

groundcontrol,

The recall at NW has been in effect since November 2006. Are you saying there have been no recalls?
MMB, its a gawdawful conglomeration we have over here. Some of us were replacement new hires, (Myself included) Some were old NWA who didnt support the strike, some are returnees, who came back after the strike, (They refer to themselves as the"Honorable 444) Its a crazy mix, and it can be hard to know where each individual 's loyalties lie. For the most part, we're a prettty ok bunch, although like any organization or group, we got our bottom twenty percenters. They will make themselves known here shortly. As you can see, what started out as an honest attempt to open dialogue between our two entities immediatly deteriated into unionist blather and name calling. Stay tuned....you aint seen nothin' yet!

Not really too concerned with the unions here, although I feel for the NW mechanics who went on strike and no other unions backed them up. Doesn't really re-enforce the notion of "Vote Union Now!" in my book. :shock:

As far as NW pilots stating "We're against the merger" it's all part of the postuering process until they get something they'll be happy with. Which I',m sure they will !

There are a "few" recalled, Al Clark isn't one of them. <_<
For what its worth, the recalled guys I work with have all been pretty top notch. I heard we had a few return to the line that were trouble makers, but on the whole they have been the minority. Despite the venomous propaganda put out on "EXnwa.com", We get along pretty good, at least in my department. I have nothing but praise for those guys, and enjoy working with them. They are highly skilled, knowledgible, and very professional. If there is any animosity towards me, they keep it very well under control. They are all right guys in my book.

MMB, its a gawdawful conglomeration we have over here. Some of us were replacement new hires, (Myself included) Some were old NWA who didnt support the strike, some are returnees, who came back after the strike, (They refer to themselves as the"Honorable 444) Its a crazy mix, and it can be hard to know where each individual 's loyalties lie. For the most part, we're a prettty ok bunch, although like any organization or group, we got our bottom twenty percenters. They will make themselves known here shortly. As you can see, what started out as an honest attempt to open dialogue between our two entities immediatly deteriated into unionist blather and name calling. Stay tuned....you aint seen nothin' yet!
"unionist blather", how so? I did not once mention union, why are you putting words in my mouth?

I've read your recent posts and I have to say they are soooo sweet, they make my teeth hurt!

IMO you seem to think because Delta isn't union (and I have no opinion on whether or not they should or shouldn't be) that you somehow think they are like you. You seem to be assuring them that you only steal union jobs and that they will be safe having you working with them.

They are not like you and they shouldn't trust you! The Delta tech has worked hard to get where they are today union or no union. The Delta tech as well as the NW tech (whose job you stole) built these airlines.

This merger will generate job loss; I only hope that the first techs to go are the NW replacement and original NW tech crossovers. Not a Delta tech. The only one’s that prove to be trustworthy are the recalled 444.

For what its worth, the recalled guys I work with have all been pretty top notch. I heard we had a few return to the line that were trouble makers, but on the whole they have been the minority. Despite the venomous propaganda put out on "EXnwa.com", We get along pretty good, at least in my department. I have nothing but praise for those guys, and enjoy working with them. They are highly skilled, knowledgible, and very professional. If there is any animosity towards me, they keep it very well under control. They are all right guys in my book.
I don't use the site you listed as an information highway...

Do you realize that there are about 600 more guys just like "the guys that are all right in your book" on the recall list that rightfully should be working at NW instead of you and your kind?

Well, DUH..I think I just said that!
Just kiddin' ground, just kiddin'. Hope all is well with you and yours. Been awhile since we last argued on this forum. Good to see ya havent changed a bit!
I call it as I see (lived) it. The likes of you are back stabbing, job stealling, and not to be trusted.
I'm just here to remind you of it and to warn the hard working Delta Tech that you would stop at nothing to take their job.

Back