When will SWA go to Hawaii???

Good news? What?

I thought you said that SWA would not get ETOPS certication without an AMFA agreement?

I thought you said that was the leverage AMFA had to force the Company to come to a deal if they really wanted to fly to Hawaii?

Now it’s good news that SWA Management doesn’t need your Unions permission after all? Wow.
Weazz he will never admit his precious AMFA is out classed and out gunned. I can live with myself I didn't vote them in in 2003!

The BR 715 on the 717 did not like short cycles lots of engine problems until Delta and Rolls Royce finally sorted them out.

Well, whatever they did seems to be working? I can only speak from personal experience, but I don’t see them going on mechanical very often, not do I see them on the AOS list for engine issues.

Well, whatever they did seems to be working? I can only speak from personal experience, but I don’t see them going on mechanical very often, not do I see them on the AOS list for engine issues.
That's because Delta has a real engine shop, not a QEC shop like SWA has, and the took the BR715, and fixed it. I don't know if Rolls Royce still does Hawaiian Airlines BR715 engines or not.

Reactions: Kev3188
First WN proving run, wait I thought AMFA was going to file a lawsuit to stop this? Lol

Southwest first Hawaii test flight.
#8725 OAK-HNL
On February 5 2019
departure 11:00
Arrival 14:45

And unfortunately the last stone some believed we had to throw at SWA management if we voted no. Some still try to preach it at my station, Government won't give SWA ETOPS without a mechanics contract. Which would explain SWA management wanting language changes in our contract for money. So do you still think AMFA is not outgunned?
I never have said we would not get ETOPS without a contract. In fact I have stated the opposite.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There really isn't such a thing as a Hawaii non-busy season. At AA, we flew 2 767s/day on DFW-HNL route. Both flights were always full every day year-round. If you were lucky and trying to non-rev to HI, you would try one of the 4 flights/day from LAX. They sometimes had seats available.
I see, thx.

Good news? What?

I thought you said that SWA would not get ETOPS certication without an AMFA agreement?

I thought you said that was the leverage AMFA had to force the Company to come to a deal if they really wanted to fly to Hawaii?

Now it’s good news that SWA Management doesn’t need your Unions permission after all? Wow.
That's not what the good news was about. And your wrong.
I have said the gov would be more easily to give the ETOPS approval, but never said they would never get it without a contract done. Matter fact I have said they will get ETOPS with or without a contract if they really want to.
Stop with the lies.

That's not what the good news was about. And your wrong.
I have said the gov would be more easily to give the ETOPS approval, but never said they would never get it without a contract done. Matter fact I have said they will get ETOPS with or without a contract if they really want to.
Stop with the lies.

Oh so you disagree with AMFA and Brett directly then? Ok.

“On Wednesday, Bret Oestreich, national director of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association, said the union will file for a cease and desist order that will “stop Southwest dead in its tracks” in regard to the Hawaii flights. AMFA claims that Southwest's recently announced plan to outsource ETOPS work related to its Hawaiian operations is a violation of the airline's contract with the union”

So swamp does that mean then that you know better than Brett or that Brett is full of chit?

Oh so you disagree with AMFA and Brett directly then? Ok.

“On Wednesday, Bret Oestreich, national director of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association, said the union will file for a cease and desist order that will “stop Southwest dead in its tracks” in regard to the Hawaii flights. AMFA claims that Southwest's recently announced plan to outsource ETOPS work related to its Hawaiian operations is a violation of the airline's contract with the union”

So swamp does that mean then that you know better than Brett or that Brett is full of chit?
Brett doesn't care about us, he has his concrete business, and paid by AMFA unless he is voted out. Plus he holds a mechanic position at SWA. He was at American long enough to establish his business. So if he keeps the train going , Seham keeps getting paid. It cost $150,000 in fees to file a Federal lawsuit. So round and round we go!

10AA2F15-2155-49C4-BAD4-6047135E35F6.jpeg
Here she is, looks like UA might have done the ground handling.

Latest posts