Who wants a merger with US?

Do AA employees want to merge with US Airways?

• Total voters

EastCheats

Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
I would like to know how AA employees feel about a merger with US Airways? Doug Parker says we are doing fine as a stand alone while he is knocking on doors in Dallas. He hasn't completed the process putting America West and US Airways together.

I say finish what you start before complicating the situatiion further....

Any thoughts??

Wouldn't the IAM+TWU be the ultimate concession machine? Can't imagine that would be too great for AA employees. Face it, US Air is a pathetic carrier with hubs in secondary markets, no Asia presence, limited Caribbean routes, no real first class product, and abysmal labor relations. All AA would gain of value is DCA, a few Europe routes and TLV. All of which AA could enter on their own.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
US is the second largest carrier in the Caribbean.

And ALPA has always led the way in concessions and then the TWU.

Try again, you make this way too easy.

Last time I checked US is profitable and your carrier of choice AA is in chapter 11.

Reactions: 2 people
<_< ------- As one who has seen the ugly heads of both Unions, I would "almost " prefer going it alone!

Lets all work together, AMR and US pilots to stop this merger this will not be good for either group. Watch for Horton/Parker to play you guys. It will not be good. We can stop this if we work together!!!!!!! America West pilots will think they saved AMR and thus should move to the top of the list. Don't let that happen.

<_< ------- As one who has seen the ugly heads of both Unions, I would "almost " prefer going it alone!

I would just prefer a ballot to vote so that at least for another 50 years we can confirm that the Union was or is actually supported by the current membership.

What we have at AA is the TWU confirmed in 1947. I doubt there are even 100 members still employees or even many of them still alive that received one of those ballots. Meanwhile, the National Mediation Board does everything it can to prevent allowing current members to choose representation of choice. And this is the United States of America.

And how much do Pilots make?
Bob, at LCC, the A330 Captains make less than our MD80 Captains. Our 777 F/O's make more per hour than every other LCC pilot. This is even true considering the 1113c.

A Republic airlines EMB 145 Captain makes more per hour than an a LCC E190 Captain

Our EAGLE Crj700 Captains make more than LCC E190 Captains.

Somehow, they believe that Parker will pay us more, even up to Delta rates, (and bringing theirs up there too) will generate support for such a merger...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people
This is one US employee who is voted no to the aa merger. AndJosh as 700 said AA is not profitable and hasnt been for yrs while US is and has been making money whether small or not. So as to being the pathetic airline it to melooks as though AA is the pathetic and the last one to be in CH11 afterall they only been losing money for what 5 6 or 7 yrs in a row. Im telling you now that is the unions dont negogiate a deal with the company, AA will use the judge to do away and the end result will not be pretty. Many analysts/creditors claim that AA standalone plan wont work..we shall see

Did you really think this poll would be scientific - any more than there is any validity in any of the sixteen million other posts about the potential for an AA-US merger?
Just because US is barely profitable doesn't mean it is in any position to take on AA. US might be able to hobble along for a few more years but that doesn't mean they have what it takes to acquire another airline.
Let's see how well US does this year with no fuel hedges while fuel prices continue to increase.

Did you really think this poll would be scientific - any more than there is any validity in any of the sixteen million other posts about the potential for an AA-US merger?
Just because US is barely profitable doesn't mean it is in any position to take on AA. US might be able to hobble along for a few more years but that doesn't mean they have what it takes to acquire another airline.
Let's see how well US does this year with no fuel hedges while fuel prices continue to increase.

WT, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't DL have a substantial Caribbean network? 700UW is convinced US is #2 (behind AA).

Josh

I knew the DL fanboy wouldn't be Able to resist this thread. Please tell US all what your fascination is with bashing US on a daily basis is. Being that DL is the superior airline of the world, why does it thrill you to chime in about how a possible merger with AA will never happen, and how bad it woukd be. I honesty think that you fear that if would be a serious threat to DL.