Winter weather

What a great thread. Illustrates the level of the greatest, who, otherwise, would be working at Burger King or the convenience store.

So, put this in your pipe and smoke......................THE REASON FSC HAS TAKEN JOB FUNCTIONS FROM AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO SKILL REQUIRED AND THEY SAVE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..
You are right. Saving money is the only thing on AA’s mind. And I can tell you never had a head for business. But I can’t blame you for this “Rube Goldgerg” way of working. It’s taken years for this system to work to your lazy ways. Just so you can milk the clock for years. This entire system that is in place now is still designed to give the impression that we are so under staffed and you are working your fingers to the bone. As you enjoy eating your cake in the chair that is molded to your well feed behind. The jobs taken from you and given to us make sense. But trust me, when it comes time to put that piece of bubble sided carpet tape in just the right place, you will be the first person I’ll call.

Here is something on topic.
Detailed Local Forecast DFW AREA Tonight: Rain. Thunder possible. Low 48F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
Tomorrow: Showers in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Thunder possible. High near 65F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy skies early will become overcast later during the night. Low 54F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy. High near 70F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday: Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Saturday: Occasional showers possible. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.
No golf today

You can blame the twu for giving away de-icing, maintenance and fleet negotiated together when that happened.

You can blame the twu for giving away de-icing, maintenance and fleet negotiated together when that happened.

Global warming struck, taking away all the overtime the fleet guys were promised to get from deicing?....

To ALL:

The simple fact of the matter is that AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT no lnger wished to pay overtime for aircraft mechanics to do the deicing.

Since that time, in my station, deicing trucks have gone unused because not enough Title III volunteered to report on overtime for the job.

You guys can spin this stuff any way you want, but, when some of the deicing trucks go unused because one organization, Aircraft Maintenance, wants to improve their budget by refusing to do work that is required for the operation to continue: that is a decision that hurts our passengers, our airline and our futures.

The fact is that we can no longer function reliably in the Northeast because of a piss poor management decision made by Aircraft Maintenance to get out of the deicing business and seconded by AMR Senior Management. Snow and ice are part and parcel of doing our work in the area we do it and no certified deicer should be refused if not enough are willing to volunteer, further, anyone that wants to be trained to be a certified deicer should be trained yet aircraft maintenance is prohibited. Functional equipment sitting idle because AA does not have enough cost efficent volunteers to operate it is no excuse for failing to run the operation.

Yes, mechanics have lost a lot of work to the FSC: speaking frankly, most of that work was lost because the most senior members of aircraft maintenance just did not want to be bothered by the work and were relatively immune to furlough if the work were given to Title III.

The TWU went along, to get along: just like they always have and always will.

The simple fact is that AMR ran a higher percentage of scheduled flights in my station when Title I was in charge of deicing than we do now and the change is the removal of the headcount available to perform the work.

To ALL:

The simple fact of the matter is that AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT no lnger wished to pay overtime for aircraft mechanics to do the deicing.

Since that time, in my station, deicing trucks have gone unused because not enough Title III volunteered to report on overtime for the job.

You guys can spin this stuff any way you want, but, when some of the deicing trucks go unused because one organization, Aircraft Maintenance, wants to improve their budget by refusing to do work that is required for the operation to continue: that is a decision that hurts our passengers, our airline and our futures.
Boomer,
If you have deicing trucks going unused because of A/C maint., then how are your planes getting deiced?
It's to my understanding that in icing conditions, all planes get deiced before take-off, its not up to maintenance to decide what gets deiced, and the final say so is with the pilot. Also, are you saying that the senior mechanics turned over deicing to Fleet because they didn't like the job? I find that hard to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph_-SLXbDPE

Reactions: 1 person
Here is something on topic.
Detailed Local Forecast DFW AREA Tonight: Rain. Thunder possible. Low 48F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
Tomorrow: Showers in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Thunder possible. High near 65F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy skies early will become overcast later during the night. Low 54F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy. High near 70F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday: Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Saturday: Occasional showers possible. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.
No golf today

Thanks for sending that rain our way. We can really use it!!

Interested; I hope all is well with all the folks who got hit hard by the blizzard of 2010 too. My station (with another airline) we hardly got but may be a trace but no more than 2 inches and made for fun but difficult day. Good luck clearing the 2 ft snow

So, now it is admitted and even shouted:

AA should not have to pay A&P wages for "no skill required" jobs, "so easy [that] an FSC can do it."

I agree. They used to do it because of poor organization by management. Except for TSA and AOA access, I am surprised airports don't provide the service via contractors.

Baghdad Mayor Bloomturd says everything is fine and we should hit a broadway show. My block still hasn't seen a plow or a salt speader since the storm. No way in or out. It seems AA management/TWU took over running NYC for this storm.

PS...I loved the FSC video and i'm a clerk. " Everythings going to Tulsa...that's in Oklahoma". ROFLMAO

Baghdad Mayor Bloomturd says everything is fine and we should hit a broadway show. My block still hasn't seen a plow or a salt speader since the storm. No way in or out. It seems AA management/TWU took over running NYC for this storm.

PS...I loved the FSC video and i'm a clerk. " Everythings going to Tulsa...that's in Oklahoma". ROFLMAO
That is what you get living in the ghetto. Get an education and a job... you'll be able to live in a neighborhood that gets plowed. KFC is hiring and training (paid training) for clerk positions.

That is what you get living in the ghetto. Get an education and a job... you'll be able to live in a neighborhood that gets plowed. KFC is hiring and training (paid training) for clerk positions.
Just because your a manager at KFC, doesn't mean you can use this board to recruit. Please go to the FFF, (Fried Food Forum)