With DEEPEST SYMPATHY,..............to the REPUBLICAN Party !

Bottom line.... 49+% of the country voted conservative, which means the base increased sizeably from 2008. If the Republicans can manage to keep that base and also use the next two years to break the "old white guys" stigma, grabbing another 2-5% shouldn't be out of the question. All they need to do is find a way to reach blacks and Hispanics.
Be careful not to oversample...

your clock stopped by the way

In retrospect, this may be a good thing for the Republicans.

Looking forward to 2016.... Biden is widely expected to run... Granted, Hillary has said she's done, but both her and Bill's egos are just too big for me to take that seriously.

Both are already well beyond the point of being labeled old white people, and it's going to be tough for them to continue to try and be the party of the young & the hip.

So, assume they do step aside... Who is in the next tier?

Guys like Mark Warner, Antonio Villaraigosa and Bill Richardson? They'll be in their 60's.

Casting a wider net, you have Andrew Cuomo, Deval Patrick, Martin O'Malley, and maybe even Debbie Wasserman-Shultz, but they'll all be in their 50's...

Bottom line... they can go with a diversity play, but it won't be a young candidate like they had with Obama, and that may limit some of the charisma & appeal.

Looking at conservatives, there's what I'd consider a deeper bench of younger hopefuls.

Guys like Bobby Jindal, Paul Ryan, and Marco Rubio are all still in office, and likely to step up. There's also Kelley Ayotte from NH and Nikki Haley. All of them are in their 40's. All are quite intelligent, great speakers, and with the exception of Ryan, provide a clean break the "old white guy" image.

If the "grey hair" is still needed, there's Allen West, Tim Pawlenty, Chris Christie and Rand Paul.

Bottom line.... 49+% of the country voted conservative, which means the base increased sizeably from 2008. If the Republicans can manage to keep that base and also use the next two years to break the "old white guys" stigma, grabbing another 2-5% shouldn't be out of the question. All they need to do is find a way to reach blacks and Hispanics.

It appears Denial is not just a river. Exactly how delusional are you? The loss had little to do with who was running but more to do with what they were running on and what they were saying.

Look at the voting trends of various groups. People under 45 voted 2:1 for Obama. he younger they were the higher the chance of them being liberal. Women voted over 2:1 for Obama.

Walsh, Akin, Murdoch got kicked to the curb hard. Until your party dumps it's archaic and bigoted social platform you will sink more and more into the history books and become more and more irrelevant.

Colorado and Washington State. Equal marriage passed for the first time in Main and Maryland. Minnesota rejected a ban on equal marriage.

Peoples social compass are changing. Until republicans figure that out the people like Chrisy, Rubio and other moderate republicans will not have a chance of getting a national nomination.

In retrospect, this may be a good thing for the Republicans.

Looking forward to 2016.... Biden is widely expected to run... Granted, Hillary has said she's done, but both her and Bill's egos are just too big for me to take that seriously.

Both are already well beyond the point of being labeled old white people, and it's going to be tough for them to continue to try and be the party of the young & the hip.

So, assume they do step aside... Who is in the next tier?

Guys like Mark Warner, Antonio Villaraigosa and Bill Richardson? They'll be in their 60's.

Casting a wider net, you have Andrew Cuomo, Deval Patrick, Martin O'Malley, and maybe even Debbie Wasserman-Shultz, but they'll all be in their 50's...

Bottom line... they can go with a diversity play, but it won't be a young candidate like they had with Obama, and that may limit some of the charisma & appeal.

Looking at conservatives, there's what I'd consider a deeper bench of younger hopefuls.

Guys like Bobby Jindal, Paul Ryan, and Marco Rubio are all still in office, and likely to step up. There's also Kelley Ayotte from NH and Nikki Haley. All of them are in their 40's. All are quite intelligent, great speakers, and with the exception of Ryan, provide a clean break the "old white guy" image.

If the "grey hair" is still needed, there's Allen West, Tim Pawlenty, Chris Christie and Rand Paul.

"Reach BLACKS and HISPANICS" ?
The REPUGS have NOTHING to offer these people.
What part of this Equation DONT YOU GET Eric m'boy ?????????????????????????????????????

Should you 'make a dent' in this area, it's NOT something with a CURE to be had in 2...yes Eric..2 years !
Oh, why 2 you say (2014) ??
Thats when, (with the help of the new Young Tsunami and the MSM) that the balance of power gets voted OUT in the 'House' !

Now (NH's own ) Kelly Ayotte ?
You mean...(with one fell SWOOP last nite)..NH's ONLY Remaining Republican of the top 5 spots(we just elected TWO D/Reps and a D/GOV, Plus my main girl D/ Senator Jeanne Shaheen)..That Kelly Ayotte?

Well I've got a Democratic FEMALE name for you Eric m'boy, for POTUS, if Hillary doesn't run, AND starting this very morning, I now DONT Think she will Run. (WOW, hows that for a change, huh Eric?)

I'm going to make you work for 'this one'. Your first clue, is to think of a lot about Kelly Ayotte.
You know of course' it couldn't be K A, because in the good' ol' White boy's club "WE DONT AH-LLOW THAT IN HEE-YA" !

Marco "Come Mierda" Rubio is liked by Hispanics about as much as having an hourly colonoscopy for the rest of your life. as for Republicants reaching to Hispanics .. I love having to carry my passport, birth certificate and DD-214 every time I visit Arizona, Alabamer, SC, et al, just to prove that I belong here.

Marco "Come Mierda" Rubio is liked by Hispanics about as much as having an hourly colonoscopy for the rest of your life. as for Republicants reaching to Hispanics .. I love having to carry my passport, birth certificate and DD-214 every time I visit Arizona, Alabamer, SC, et al, just to prove that I belong here.

' yoyo,
Great post. UR sooo right brother !

Now watch them SQUIRM when I drop this ATOMIC BOMB of thier lil' REPUG puddin' heads !

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-usa-campaign-puertorico-idUSBRE8A629K20121107

PS,
THE BOSS/POTUS...(not springstein) is in favor of this.

In the whole grand scheme of things (yesterday, now this) its like the MASTER of MASTERS fortold looooong ago !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE

Wow.....heavy load ! A whole "3" pieces of paper ! I can see how inconvenient that could be to a person, having to carry extra wallets, suitcases or trunks, for those "3" pieces of paper !

It makes for some great fear mongering, but maybe you should actually read how the provisions are implemented...

http://phoenix.gov/police/faq1070_english.html

A drivers license is sufficient proof, and that's been required for you to drive a car or (since 2001) to get on the airplane to fly into Arizona or any other airport. If it's too much trouble for you to carry a wallet like most people already do, then I guess that's your problem to work out.

"Reach BLACKS and HISPANICS" ?
The REPUGS have NOTHING to offer these people.
What part of this Equation DONT YOU GET Eric m'boy ?????????????????????????????????????

Should you 'make a dent' in this area, it's NOT something with a CURE to be had in 2...yes Eric..2 years !
Oh, why 2 you say (2014) ??
Thats when, (with the help of the new Young Tsunami and the MSM) that the balance of power gets voted OUT in the 'House' !

Now (NH's own ) Kelly Ayotte ?
You mean...(with one fell SWOOP last nite)..NH's ONLY Remaining Republican of the top 5 spots(we just elected TWO D/Reps and a D/GOV, Plus my main girl D/ Senator Jeanne Shaheen)..That Kelly Ayotte?

Well I've got a Democratic FEMALE name for you Eric m'boy, for POTUS, if Hillary doesn't run, AND starting this very morning, I now DONT Think she will Run. (WOW, hows that for a change, huh Eric?)

I'm going to make you work for 'this one'. Your first clue, is to think of a lot about Kelly Ayotte.
You know of course' it couldn't be K A, because in the good' ol' White boy's club "WE DONT AH-LLOW THAT IN HEE-YA" !

Tell you what, Obama runs another fours years like this, all the Latinos in the world won't help for a Dem Prez.

What about people who cant get a driver's license?

A state issued ID card is available to any resident. All you have to do is prove who you are and where you live. You don't need to take a test... Even a felon or criminal can get one.

So who are these people who can't get a driver's license?

What exactly can you do without a photo ID anymore, other than vote?...

You can't open a bank account, you can't get an apartment, you can't apply for food stamps, and you can't apply for unemployment... You can't get on an airplane, Amtrak, or Greyhound.

In your bizzarro world where only elites have drivers licenses, SB1070 is pretty specific in that there has to be probable cause to believe the person is in the US illegally. But, had you actually read the law, you'd know that.

I'm sure you're also one of these guys who think voter ID equates to voter suppression, yet also support Card Check whose sole intent is to deny employees the right to a private vote...

Back