WN Mechanics seek mediation

Driver, I mentioned the airline rep for local 4 to a couple guys at work because I couldn't place him. They said, he's the smart ass that came here with the other reps during the AirTran integration. He acted like he didn't want to be here and that he was the one that looked like a biker thug with the wallet chain hanging out his pocket. Another said he made a comment that he don't care because he's done in X amount of years. Does that sound like the character?
Yes, he is a real asshole and it's his way or the highway, he is out of Baltimore, he drives the negotiations, and everyone sits there and says whatever Bob wants. Oh what a shocker it passed to spend the $20,000 to run the advertising campaign against SWA, oh well.

Yes, he is a real asshole and it's his way or the highway, he is out of Baltimore, he drives the negotiations, and everyone sits there and says whatever Bob wants. Oh what a shocker it passed to spend the $20,000 to run the advertising campaign against SWA, oh well.
Another waste of money. Hell they could of spend that 20g's on those phoney amfa pocket calendars they put out every year. Or they could have gave seham his Christmas bonus with it. What are they thinking?

Fighting among yourselves only helps the company win. Stop blaming AMFA and its reps and fight the company! Get what you deserve, the company execs are probably laughing when they see all of this.

Another waste of money. Hell they could of spend that 20g's on those phoney amfa pocket calendars they put out every year. Or they could have gave seham his Christmas bonus with it. What are they thinking?
I'll have another, that's out of local 4 budget, not the international, I would've rather given to the poor local 18, guys, but by golly know it Bob, thinks it is money well spent. Oh Seham got $65,000 out of local 4.

Fighting among yourselves only helps the company win. Stop blaming AMFA and its reps and fight the company! Get what you deserve, the company execs are probably laughing when they see all of this.
The problem is you tell your union you what to vote on something, or you think they should've tried the med arb, and the union doesn't listen, it makes you mad.

Actually that is exactly what the company is doing. They are trying their best to get the membership in a tizzy and go against the nego. comte. They are trying to talley up the membership to put pressure on the NC to put it out for a vote. Southwest has always gone by the "meter gage" They want to see the numbers of the vote in order to just pad it a little or a lot, they don't want to believe the NC that it still takes a lot of padding. Remember their goals are to get it to past with the minimum of 50% + 1. There are a couple of people out here that has recently came on, that are from out stations. Most the out station guys do not realize how bad it will become if we were to vote for all the must haves they are standing their ground on. If that was to go thru, they think they have seen outsourcing from the past? They haven't seen anything yet.

Actually that is exactly what the company is doing. They are trying their best to get the membership in a tizzy and go against the nego. comte. They are trying to talley up the membership to put pressure on the NC to put it out for a vote. Southwest has always gone by the "meter gage" They want to see the numbers of the vote in order to just pad it a little or a lot, they don't want to believe the NC that it still takes a lot of padding. Remember their goals are to get it to past with the minimum of 50% + 1. There are a couple of people out here that has recently came on, that are from out stations. Most the out station guys do not realize how bad it will become if we were to vote for all the must haves they are standing their ground on. If that was to go thru, they think they have seen outsourcing from the past? They haven't seen anything yet.
I don't think the outstations could carry the vote, if you guys don't want something to pass.

So basically what you are saying if the company comes up with enough money, we would gladly sell our scope, and the very thing you accused me of , and complained about the industrial unions, we can be bought.

First, you have to understand the majority lost seniority with this AirTran merger. I know guys that lost over 300 slots. They will not forget! Now if they lose job security, forced to bump, commute, etc... amfa will not be in a very good position. Like I said before, the vast majority have nothing to do with the union. They could careless who's names on the door. All they want is positive results. Job security, and I'll include station security because of the horrible mechanic to aircraft ratio, competitive wages, fair work rules, and reasonable healthcare. The maintenance program or the name of the program they could careless. That's managements game.

Try to recall an ALR from a outstation. Not that easy! You need 25% of the local to sign to get the recall going.

Try to recall an ALR from a outstation. Not that easy! You need 25% of the local to sign to get the recall going.
AMFA has some weird rules if you are a negotiating committee member it might take 50 % and two locals to do it, I need to do some more research , if that is the,case, that probably explains his arrogance , because might be impossible to remove him, because the votes needed to do it.

Last edited:
No it isn't that hard at all.
We did it at local 11.
If everyone thought like you two teamster girls, that your ALR is a buffoon like you claim, then it would be apiece of cake.
It seems some of you old air tran persons still aren't happy with your seniority position.

Last edited:
We did it at local 11.
If everyone thought like you two teamster girls, that your ALR is a buffoon like you claim, then it would be apiece of cake.
It seems some of you old air trannies still aren't happy with your seniority position.
No most of those guys were happy with the raise.

We did it at local 11.
It seems some of you old air trannies still aren't happy with your seniority position.
Most of us thought we should've gotten six years, if we ever got the Teamsters back, which I highly doubt, the seniority list would stay the same, that's set in stone.We are working on the ALR situation .

We did it at local 11.
If you think the majority that lost seniority even with a 4 year bump is a amfa win, we are in trouble. Seems to me the AirTran teamster got the best of that deal. Easily could have got them for 6. Heard plenty of junior guys say they were all for selling sick time for 10 cents on the dollar just to lash back for the seniority loss. They don't forget!

Back