WN Mechanics seek mediation

I have been sitting back. Gonna state again- til Federal lawsuits get litigated filed from both sides there will be very lil progress unless a settlement comes out prior to a T/A. Seham and his advisors boxed group in with advice. Swamt off spouting and still trying to shed blame on the Teamster organization. They have not represented SWA Mx since early 2003.??????? WTF. I hope he is on sidelines and not involved in negotiations for your members. Think he is starting to lose it and can't face reality. Sad. Buckle up big boots- gonna be a while Unfortuneatly. Organizational plan lacking and Go Fund me site sad for support for members affected by recent disasters. Swamt might want to borrow a playbook page from the Teamster organization to see member support. Then again he can't face reality or hard questions. Just lil Pom Pom cheerleader blaming everyone else for the current dilemna like grade school children. Good luck to the hard working SWA Mx personnel. Unfortuneatly you are going to need it!! Sad.

Swamt- answer the hard questions. You can run- ignore- but you can't hide!! You have been exposed. Be a union guy- put down the Pom Poms and finger pointing and address the dilemna!!!!!

Hey AMFA National and or Local 11, where is this "road show" to bring the members up to date and more informed? Thought we would have had an announcement by now since they finished up with the FMT's. Should now free up the entire nego. cmte. to at least make an announcement and dates. Some members are waiting for these "road shows" in order to make a decision on the members next move on what they think should be done. I know we have a while between nego's dates, but, just thought we might have at least seen an official announcement that we are going to have the "road shows". Getting a little too quiet lately...

Boy you ask and you get an answer. Here's the dates set for the upcoming "road shows" No locations or times given as those TBT by the locals at each of the cities having the "road shows". here's the release:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Road Show Schedule
September 20, 2017 -- On August 17, 2017, AMFA and Southwest Airlines finished the last scheduled negotiation session for the foreseeable future. The AMFA Negotiating Committee has made the decision to go out and explain where we are in the process, what issues remain open, and to answer questions from the membership.

Boy you ask and you get an answer. Here's the dates set for the upcoming "road shows" No locations or times given as those TBT by the locals at each of the cities having the "road shows". here's the release:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Road Show Schedule
September 20, 2017 -- On August 17, 2017, AMFA and Southwest Airlines finished the last scheduled negotiation session for the foreseeable future. The AMFA Negotiating Committee has made the decision to go out and explain where we are in the process, what issues remain open, and to answer questions from the membership.
Some road show Swamt one show with the cool aid drinking team in Dallas which is AMFA 11, might be a little more friendly, but maybe not so much. The rest video feed from their secret bunker location, basically to tell us we are on ice till next year, what a joke. Face it they have failed this membership to produce anything.It will guarantee one thing though, when we are in year six next year the first thing out the gate will pass.Also address the mechanics getting fired now for not following the task cards. When will they get their jobs back. The guys from AMFA 11-are still fired for the overtime ban, for self help. But you guys keep holding up your pom poms.

Here's the times for the Road Shows in Dallas;

Dallas Road Show Schedule
Posted on September 21, 2017September 21, 2017 by admin
On August 17, 2017, AMFA and Southwest Airlines finished the last scheduled negotiation session for the foreseeable future. The AMFA Negotiating Committee has made the decision to go out and explain where we are in the process, what issues remain open, and to answer questions from the membership. The meeting schedule for Dallas is outlined below:

Monday, October 2:
Graveyard shift 0715-0915
Day shift, Bays 1 and 2 1000-1200
Eve shift 1730-1930

Tuesday, October 3:
Graveyard shift 0715-0915
Day shift, Bays 3 and 4 1000-1200
Eve shift 1730-1930

To help eliminate additional loss of time for lunch, we plan to order lunch so everyone can remain in place.

Participants will include:

Bret Oestreich – National Director
Earl Clark – Director, Region I
Will Abbott – Director, Region II
Bob Cramer – Airline Representative, Local 4
Craig Hamlet – Airline Representative, Local 11
Shane Flachman – Airline Representative, Local 18
Mike Young – Airline Representative, Local 32
Lucas Middlebrook – AMFA Counsel

Some road show Swamt one show with the cool aid drinking team in Dallas which is AMFA 11, might be a little more friendly, but maybe not so much. The rest video feed from their secret bunker location, basically to tell us we are on ice till next year, what a joke. Face it they have failed this membership to produce anything.It will guarantee one thing though, when we are in year six next year the first thing out the gate will pass.Also address the mechanics getting fired now for not following the task cards. When will they get their jobs back. The guys from AMFA 11-are still fired for the overtime ban, for self help. But you guys keep holding up your pom poms.
The firings are swa's way to put a boot on are neck. Just vote NO on anything until they are part of the deal to get their jobs back. It's the very least we could do.

Reactions: B737 driver
The firings are swa's way to put a boot on are neck. Just vote NO on anything until they are part of the deal to get their jobs back. It's the very least we could do.
If we were smart the people that were fired, see if they were really active in the union, and prove if it was retaliatory towards them, and not others that have done the same thing; something to look at. Everyone just follow procedures.

They did the same thing to TWU Ramp over there. It forced the hand of the local Negotiators to let the members vote on what the Company was offering.

The rest of the story is that neither the Company or the Union sold the TA either way and the (MEMBERSHIP CHOSE) to squeak it through and the people being held out of service were brought back.

Again the (MEMBERSHIP CHOSE) if Negotiations would continue on or not.

Reactions: B737 driver
They did the same thing to TWU Ramp over there. It forced the hand of the local Negotiators to let the members vote on what the Company was offering.

The rest of the story is that neither the Company or the Union sold the TA either way and the (MEMBERSHIP CHOSE) to squeak it through and the people being held out of service were brought back.

Again the (MEMBERSHIP CHOSE) if Negotiations would continue on or not.
Our biggest problem Wezz is regardless of what Swamt claims, we are frustrated, I figure AMFA knows their days here are numbered, and will drag this out as long as they can, just like with these road shows. It has gone on so long will be 6 years next year, because no other talks are scheduled till 2018, so whatever comes out will pass.

U guys are playing with the big boys now. Legal is in control. Talk big all u want. The members need to put their big boots on. Waitin for swamt to save you you are doomed. I am sure hack boy will come in soon with his wisdom. I will repeat. Until the Federal lawsuits come to fruition the SWA Mx are on ice with the NMB. Amfa totally outgunned In their strategy. Where is Seham? Hiding in gopher up north counting cash??????? Good luck.

U guys are playing with the big boys now. Legal is in control. Talk big all u want. The members need to put their big boots on. Waitin for swamt to save you you are doomed. I am sure hack boy will come in soon with his wisdom. I will repeat. Until the Federal lawsuits come to fruition the SWA Mx are on ice with the NMB. Amfa totally outgunned In their strategy. Where is Seham? Hiding in gopher up north counting cash??????? Good luck.
Swamt is clueless, I am a realist always have been, we have been sold a big pile of crap, and most know that.Give me the Teamsters any day.

Maybe that is Seham/amfa' plan. Keep it in a stall mode by filing suits. This way the dues keeps coming. If they know we are going to get served a steamer keep it on ice. Either way, by now the majority must understand amfa is not the answer. Where I work the contract gets tramped on all the time. Grievances haven't worked. I too would take the teamsters any day.

Maybe that is Seham/amfa' plan. Keep it in a stall mode by filing suits. This way the dues keeps coming. If they know we are going to get served a steamer keep it on ice. Either way, by now the majority must understand amfa is not the answer. Where I work the contract gets tramped on all the time. Grievances haven't worked. I too would take the teamsters any day.
You mean a real union that's a pit bull, compared to the Ballerina club we have now, the road shows will be at the big stations, video feed at the rest, so they are not totally hiding.

If you change unions it is only going to further complicate your contract negotiations. And are we to believe that the company is not offering the proper contract because of the Union name? Get some balls and do what's needed to make them give you the contract!

Latest posts