WN Mechanics seek mediation

Is He at our negotiations, how busy is he, if he is like a CEO , he would be very busy, that should satisfy you!
At first you seem to question his level of involvement in union business and then I don't know what your trying to say. I won't speak for him but if you guys have a problem or question why don't you take it to the man instead of bringing it here.

At first you seem to question his level of involvement in union business and then I don't know what your trying to say. I won't speak for him but if you guys have a problem or question why don't you take it to the man instead of bringing it here.
I was trying to answer Max sorry you miss understand, if the national director is like the CEO of AMFA he would be very busy, just like Gary Kelly is not at our negotiations, he runs SWA, not trashing Brett.

Baseless accusations???? SInce when is the truth baseless??? I do give him credit, he has a great website. Let's see, our NC meets with the Company for a few days every 2 to 3 months. The rest of the time he is lining up concrete work and you think that's baseless. He's nothing more than another politician in it for self gain.
A business for 25 years,-pretty good, only problem is, looks like high end concrete, so if the economy is bad, most people don't spend money on high end concrete. How did he end up the national director of AMFA, did he retire from an airline, and then started his business, a lot of people do that, probably including former SWA employees. But either way if AMFA folded up tomorrow, he would be fine, good for him.

For some who think our ND is too busy for us read this below. Looks to me like he is doing a better job than any previous ND during our nego's. Our new leaders at the AMFA National are now acting more and more like the pilots union does while in nego's and I like what I am seeing. I fully support the vote of no confidence from our union leaders.

Click on blue link to read a lot more...
National Director Letter Regarding Vote of No Confidence in SWA VP of Maintenance Operations
February 22, 2018 -- With deep regret, the system-wide representatives of Southwest’s maintenance employees completed a “Vote of No Confidence” and hereby request that you seek the immediate resignation of Southwest Airlines Vice President of Maintenance Operations Landon Nitschke. Under Mr. Nitschke’s stewardship, the safety culture of the airline’s maintenance program has been degraded to an unprecedented degree. The current maintenance safety crisis has been confirmed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and acknowledged by the Southwest Airlines itself. Nevertheless, even with our ETOPs approval and prospective Hawaiian markets at risk, Mr. Nitschke has demonstrated that he is incapable of addressing the current crisis. Mr. Nitschke cannot resolve the problem because he is a principal cause of the problem.

Reactions: B737 driver
For some who think our ND is too busy for us read this below. Looks to me like he is doing a better job than any previous ND during our nego's. Our new leaders at the AMFA National are now acting more and more like the pilots union does while in nego's and I like what I am seeing. I fully support the vote of no confidence from our union leaders.

Click on blue link to read a lot more...
National Director Letter Regarding Vote of No Confidence in SWA VP of Maintenance Operations
February 22, 2018 -- With deep regret, the system-wide representatives of Southwest’s maintenance employees completed a “Vote of No Confidence” and hereby request that you seek the immediate resignation of Southwest Airlines Vice President of Maintenance Operations Landon Nitschke. Under Mr. Nitschke’s stewardship, the safety culture of the airline’s maintenance program has been degraded to an unprecedented degree. The current maintenance safety crisis has been confirmed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and acknowledged by the Southwest Airlines itself. Nevertheless, even with our ETOPs approval and prospective Hawaiian markets at risk, Mr. Nitschke has demonstrated that he is incapable of addressing the current crisis. Mr. Nitschke cannot resolve the problem because he is a principal cause of the problem.
As long as they produce results eventually coming to an agreement, I could care less about mud slinging , and no confidence votes, and window dressing politics.

It’s my understand that it was the FAA that called Into question systemic safety issues at WN, not the union. Van de Ven is obviously perturbed with the unions proclamation but what he’s not admitting is it’s his negotiators that have held on to unreasonable demands with regard to scope. I doubt he even knows what our objections are.

It’s my understand that it was the FAA that called Into question systemic safety issues at WN, not the union. Van de Ven is obviously perturbed with the unions proclamation but what he’s not admitting is it’s his negotiators that have held on to unreasonable demands with regard to scope. I doubt he even knows what our objections are.
Yes. I believe you are correct as far as it was the FAA questioning some issues. It's part of the norm for a union to release a vote of no confidence when something like this arises. The pilots did it with one of our newly announced labor directors. Now that AMFA has done a vote, the co. puts a letter out.
The FAA started this about a week ago with the articles that surfaced about investigating into these issues.
His letter I do believe said that he was confident about getting a deal done in March. We will see if that ever happens. And your right, he probably does not realize the ridiculous asks in scope by the company and how much the ask affects the mechanics and our work loads. Until the company moves on scope there will be no agreement, and this I am hearing from many in discussions at work. Mike also does not realize that the co. offer does NOT include full retro like the pilots got for their back pay. Everything was just shuffled around to try and make their offer look better when in fact, it was lesser of a deal than the prior offer. Not gonna work with us. Make a true full retro offer in the bonus, make the snap up % match what it would have been, and make a decent offer of raise with these record upon record of profits all the while all flights still making gates and flights on time in a professional manner like we have had a contract for the last 6 years, I say it's time to reward the mechanics for keeping things going at status quo. The co. still has to move on their scope ask, they simply cannot just try to buy into it for the same average pay they have always given in the past.
I would expect that letter from Mike, any good leader would stand up for his own leadership below him as he did, I am sure that it made the employee feel a lot better to hear that from Mike.

Yes. I believe you are correct as far as it was the FAA questioning some issues. It's part of the norm for a union to release a vote of no confidence when something like this arises. The pilots did it with one of our newly announced labor directors. Now that AMFA has done a vote, the co. puts a letter out.
The FAA started this about a week ago with the articles that surfaced about investigating into these issues.
His letter I do believe said that he was confident about getting a deal done in March. We will see if that ever happens. And your right, he probably does not realize the ridiculous asks in scope by the company and how much the ask affects the mechanics and our work loads. Until the company moves on scope there will be no agreement, and this I am hearing from many in discussions at work. Mike also does not realize that the co. offer does NOT include full retro like the pilots got for their back pay. Everything was just shuffled around to try and make their offer look better when in fact, it was lesser of a deal than the prior offer. Not gonna work with us. Make a true full retro offer in the bonus, make the snap up % match what it would have been, and make a decent offer of raise with these record upon record of profits all the while all flights still making gates and flights on time in a professional manner like we have had a contract for the last 6 years, I say it's time to reward the mechanics for keeping things going at status quo. The co. still has to move on their scope ask, they simply cannot just try to buy into it for the same average pay they have always given in the past.
I would expect that letter from Mike, any good leader would stand up for his own leadership below him as he did, I am sure that it made the employee feel a lot better to hear that from Mike.
As usual Van De Ven doesn't know what he's talking about. Remember he was the one last November that said we would have a contract by the end of the year when we had no meetings scheduled. Just ask the pilots about him. They have plenty to say and it's not good.

As usual Van De Ven doesn't know what he's talking about. Remember he was the one last November that said we would have a contract by the end of the year when we had no meetings scheduled. Just ask the pilots about him. They have plenty to say and it's not good.
With the ETOPS coming up, works in our favor, for once.

I firmly believe 100% correct that when AMFA finally releases a TA at SWA that all hell will break out by the membership. Perhaps AMFA should start revealing some of the “biggies” at a gradual pace rather than all of it on TA day?

BTW have you guys reached a 5 1/2 year holding pattern yet?

F955628D-B1D4-49C2-8F56-AB48490FBE88.jpeg

Hey swamt you want to know how positive I am that you’re going to have another year with no new contract come your way from AMFA.

937066AE-1A7D-4295-8A9C-9199B4B6D000.jpeg

With the ETOPS coming up, works in our favor, for once.
Well, we can only hope so. Co. has dragged this out way too long this time. But I do not expect anything to change from how the co. has been nego at the table, why would they? Everything is still going smooth. Maybe with the push of Mikes statements their might be some movement, we will see.

The next sessions will be the tell tale after Mikes statements. If the co. does not move on all remaining items then there will be no T/A to vote on as Mike said that it will get done in these next nego sessions. I know, I know, Mikes not there (in nego's) but maybe he will tell the co. nego's to get it done in March. We will see come March 9th. But remember, there are still 3 weeks left in March so I would expect more dates to be set although quite possibly in March to finalize everything and all this is only as long as the co. is moving and offering what the membership wants. If not then Mike was all talk and show, and then yes you would be correct that he didn't know anything he was talking about, but, hopefully not.

I firmly believe 100% correct that when AMFA finally releases a TA at SWA that all hell will break out by the membership. Perhaps AMFA should start revealing some of the “biggies” at a gradual pace rather than all of it on TA day?

BTW have you guys reached a 5 1/2 year holding pattern yet?

View attachment 12470

I am flattered that you love to mock me so much. Trouble is with your antics, you are way off. We already know all changes and the biggies (your words) the co. is asking for. That's why you don't see any misinformation and rumors about our nego's. The membership is fully aware and informed on what is going on at the table and NOT just what articles have been discussed, T/A'd, and/or still open to discussions. We actually have all the numbers, the amount of ask, the numbers in the offers, etc...
We shall compare the offers on T/A day, shall we???

Latest posts