WN Mechanics seek mediation

We have someone running the show now that most people don't want to work for and they circled the wagons to protect him. That is the new southwest. You're right though back in the old days they would have gotten rid of him quickly.
Is this guy ex Northwest?

I believe so.
I have come to the conclusion that we are a true legacy company, now we have better benefits than most and I am grateful for them. It will be cost just like every other company, and it will not be quick to get contracts . However in the end if you maintain your language then you maintain your job.

We all know who the Ex Northwest guy is and I don't think there are too many people on the property that have a lot of luv for him. However, as has been mentioned language should be a priority, with pay closely behind, not the other way around, IMO. With that said, the lawsuits are now starting to come in, something to keep in mind, and where they rule the failure.

We all know who the Ex Northwest guy is and I don't think there are too many people on the property that have a lot of luv for him. However, as has been mentioned language should be a priority, with pay closely behind, not the other way around, IMO. With that said, the lawsuits are now starting to come in, something to keep in mind, and where they rule the failure.
I remember when we started this AMFA preached scope, scope. Well you got your scope, so people have to decide is the pay good enough. Or like the mediator has already indicated, if we say no, we can kiss 2018 goodbye for a contract. That's the talk going around take it with a grain of salt. As long as this has taken, and with everything that has happened, I believe it.

Here's the latest. Looks like our NC has been busy going over the contract offer. They made the corrections needed and passed off to the company for their approval. We wait for the results of that for now. At this rate, if the co. does make changes and AMFA makes changes blah, blah, blah, then it will not get voted on until 2019.
Another issue is, it states if the union signs off on it as a T/A? Doesn't that mean they bless it and endorse it?? If an AIP becomes a T/A doesn't that mean that both sides are in TA to the offer??? Guess we will see at the RS's. Here's the latest update #64...

AMT Contract Negotiations Update (May 5)

Here's the latest. Looks like our NC has been busy going over the contract offer. They made the corrections needed and passed off to the company for their approval. We wait for the results of that for now. At this rate, if the co. does make changes and AMFA makes changes blah, blah, blah, then it will not get voted on until 2019.
Another issue is, it states if the union signs off on it as a T/A? Doesn't that mean they bless it and endorse it?? If an AIP becomes a T/A doesn't that mean that both sides are in TA to the offer??? Guess we will see at the RS's. Here's the latest update #64...

AMT Contract Negotiations Update (May 5)
I see the company sent the highlights of the AIP out in our Email today. Looks good, not to many significant changes to scope to worry about, but still need to see the T/A when it comes out.

I see the company is going to send a letter to every AMT detailing the amount of bonus money they will individually receive. That is a mighty big carrot to dangle in front of people who have been on a six year pay freeze.

business-commerce-carrot_and_stick-carrot_and_stick_approach-incentive-boss-tempt-jdo0574_low.jpg

I see the company sent the highlights of the AIP out in our Email today. Looks good, not to many significant changes to scope to worry about, but still need to see the T/A when it comes out.
Don't know what email you read but the company made no changes to scope at all. They abandoned the scope asks.
Everyone will have to see the T/A before making their decision, I cannot trust the company with the way they have handled nego's. And we surely cannot trust M. Lyons and S. Collins. They are on a mission for the co. to get yes votes no matter what, they are simply puppets on a string controlled by upper, upper management.

I see the company is going to send a letter to every AMT detailing the amount of bonus money they will individually receive. That is a mighty big carrot to dangle in front of people who have been on a six year pay freeze.
Yes, they have said they will. I actually think this is a good idea as all will see exactly what they will be voting on. Some are still in confused mode over how it will get distributed and what the numbers are that will be used for the rat bonus. At least the company is finally calling it "full retro" but we will see when we get the numbers, if it's not "full retro" I smell a huge no vote coming. However, if it does equal "full retro" I am still on the fence if this will pass with the missing years of raises and the wrong snap up % to bring us where we would be. We will found out more at the RS's.

business-commerce-carrot_and_stick-carrot_and_stick_approach-incentive-boss-tempt-jdo0574_low.jpg

Don't know what email you read but the company made no changes to scope at all. They abandoned the scope asks.
Everyone will have to see the T/A before making their decision, I cannot trust the company with the way they have handled nego's. And we surely cannot trust M. Lyons and S. Collins. They are on a mission for the co. to get yes votes no matter what, they are simply puppets on a string controlled by upper, upper management.
The only two changes on language are the inspection backfill and 24 hours notice on day trades for paid rest. That is a language change, so I do read!!!

The only two changes on language are the inspection backfill and 24 hours notice on day trades for paid rest. That is a language change, so I do read!!!
Where is that in article 2?
You stated, "not too many changes in scope" quote, un-quote. That would indicate that there were minor changes and not too many, correct? There were "NO" changes to scope language in article 2. None, notta, zilch.
Inspection backfill and day trades are not in article 2 scope. So I was simply correcting that there were no changes to our scope language in article 2.
This imsp backfill is just another poke in the eye for inspectors for their past actions against the co. it will never stop. The 24 hour day trade rule is also another poke at inspection. These 2 items will not hold up or pass the contract. Not enough people are affected by it. Only 8% of the membership will be affected by these 2 changes.

Where is that in article 2?
You stated, "not too many changes in scope" quote, un-quote. That would indicate that there were minor changes and not too many, correct? There were "NO" changes to scope language in article 2. None, notta, zilch.
Inspection backfill and day trades are not in article 2 scope. So I was simply correcting that there were no changes to our scope language in article 2.
This imsp backfill is just another poke in the eye for inspectors for their past actions against the co. it will never stop. The 24 hour day trade rule is also another poke at inspection. These 2 items will not hold up or pass the contract. Not enough people are affected by it. Only 8% of the membership will be affected by these 2 changes.
When it is a letter of agreement, or scope language, it is a change in your work rules, you can not say there wasn't any changes. Stop being such a pain. It is still a change, plus we have some good gains we have not had before. We are entering a volatile environment, regardless if you want to admit or not. No one ever wins an argument on social media.

Last edited:
When it is a letter of agreement, or scope language, it is a change in your work rules, you can not say there wasn't any changes. Stop being such a pain. It is still a change, plus we have some good gains we have not had before. We are entering a volatile environment, regardless if you want to admit or not. No one ever wins an argument on social media.
Again driver, it was not a letter of agreement, and it was NOT scope language that changed.

Again driver, it was not a letter of agreement, and it was NOT scope language that changed.
Ok it was miscellaneous language changes, and not Article 2 scope, but it was still a small work rule changes. Are you happy now?!!!!