WN Mechanics seek mediation

Yes. Now you get it...
I always looked at a contract all articles, letters, as, my work rules. I take it as a whole, that's how grievances are filed and won. They are small changes to our work rules, that the company feels they got something.

Has anyone heard anything or any hints on dates of RS's? Not sure if NC and co. are done with the finalization of AIP into T/A but how long does that take?? It's been over a month and still no dates released from either side for the RS's.
In my station we are hearing of both yes and no votes but no clue what might be the split still too early to tell and a lot of folks are still waiting for RS's results to make their decisions. I think the time frame is bad as most are starting and going on summer vacations and will be gone for 1,2 and even up to 4 weeks and could very easily miss the RS's. Maybe the AMFA National could provide video Q and A's and call inns for some folks that won't make it to the RS's, just a thought...

Forgot to add above. A mechanic from Atlanta told me he has been told by his buddies in ATL that they are mostly ALL yes votes. Not a shocker as most ALL ATL is x-AirTran, we kinda figured they would all be yes votes. Anyone wants to confirm?

Is the rumor true that most of MDW is a "no" vote?
I heard Midway is probably 60/40 No. I also hear the rumor if we say no, the mediator will let us sit.That's a question that people need to ask the union at the road shows, and if that happens we need to be prepared not to have buyers remorse in our decision, whichever way it goes.

I'm thinkin if the mediator is trying to influence the vote, she won't be a mediator much longer. They are supposed to be impartial.
No being honest and we need to ask the questions, to the negotiating committee, and make sure they are not blowing smoke up our ass. The union is also not supposed to influence the vote through their road shows either.

Is the rumor true that most of MDW is a "no" vote?

I haven't heard anything about MDW so far. But I wouldn't doubt it. I'm still waiting for the NC explanation of why they do not endorse the offer we will be voting on.
I will say that the last group that voted down their offer from the company is going on 2 years after their no vote and they say the co. has no desire to get another anytime soon. With that said, the pilots made very good progress with their no vote. It would all depend on how bad the co. wants the Hawaii flights to go forward. ETOPS is huge right now and more than likely one of the big reasons we are voting now before they start them.

Not yet. I will post when they post them.

Not doubting you here, but how true is this? I ask because maybe a no vote is in order for a quick resulted contract in about a month or so, just like the pilots did. I am hearing of more and more no votes.
How true is anything that we hear? Where there is smoke there is probably fire.

No etops without a deal. Straight from the feds mouths.
Now I know that is a load of B.S.. The Feds do not care about labor contracts. They approve your ETOPS based on the program you present. We start ETOPS classes in June/ July. If this fails I guess we can try the lawsuits.

Now I know that is a load of B.S.. The Feds do not care about labor contracts. They approve your ETOPS based on the program you present. We start ETOPS classes in June/ July. If this fails I guess we can try the lawsuits.
Think what you want. I believe the exact words were: No contract for over 5 years is a human factor in the feds eyes. Ask around. The info is there if you seek it.

Think what you want. I believe the exact words were: No contract for over 5 years is a human factor in the feds eyes. Ask around. The info is there if you seek it.
You're full of crap, the only thing the Feds look at in labor disputes is if you are following your GMM, and the FAA 121, rules. And the maintenance manuals. I have friends that work for the FAA , and that's what they look for. When you submit your paperwork for ETOPS, or Cat 3, or Autoland. You do proving runs proving you can maintain your program. I talk to our local FAA guy when he comes around, and have known him for many years. This is just floor crap, you guys are spreading to convince people they have a leg to leverage the company if we vote no, and nothing else. Oh, and here is a clue on your human factor, stupid, we have a contract offer, but people turned it down. That's not the government's fault and that's not the company's fault. If that happens.

Last edited: