WN Mechanics seek mediation

No vote for 1airborne
Curious to your reasons why a no vote.
Most I hear are economics only $$$$, but I have more than eco's.
If you don't want to post why I would understand, but i like to ask for reasons as we all could have missed something. I would ask you the same if werea yes vote, so just discussing and gathering more info is all.

I went into the Wednesday RS with an open mind and the negotiators made a good case for more money. I'll have to say I've been leaning toward the yes side simply because scope was secured and the 14.8% snap-up backdated to April 1st certainly beat a snap-up upon ratification, which is a substantial amount of money. What is causing me to wrestle with my previous posture was the Houston ALR's description of what he experienced during his 12 years in management up until 2017. Many of us who witnessed his confession were appalled by his description of how management bonuses are enhanced by cutting budgets and expenses in maintenance and how that has affected our lack of support in doing our jobs. IMO, it's also directly tied to how much we receive in pay and benefits and to me is a totally unethical way to do business. I am one of those guys who took a pay cut to come here 5 years ago and now making $11 dollars and change more than I made after 23 years at AA but let me assure you, that has not made the decision I've yet to make any easier.

Surely you're not suggesting some management personnel at SWA selfishly pursue their bonuses at the expense of others.

Hey Birdman, have you won the wrestling match with your decision yet?
Are you waiting for the co's RS before making your decision?
I can only list some reasons why I am a NO vote:
The snap up% is short of the average 3% raise per year for the 6 year pay freeze that the co. induced upon us. As of Aug 18 it should be 18%. Therefore it is not full retro.
Missing the 2018 raise of 3% even though the co. is saying 3% for every outgoing year is false, also no raise in final 2023 year as we have in current contract.
I am totally against moving our contract date to April (leave it alone at Aug)
I also disagree with how the co. changed recall stats to we have to pick one city to come back to. "No way in hell" will I agree to this. Seniority should take us wherever it takes us on a recall period.
I also cannot stand the new grievance steps outlined by company.
I do not like not having any better protections for headcount and stations.
I would have liked to added another week of vac like the other airlines have 6 or even 7 weeks.
I was also one of them that wanted caps installed on medical or at least some improvements made to our medical.
There are a couple more but I do not have my notes with me.
The RS was an eye opener for me as well, the economist as well as that X-management guy helped me make my decision as well as the entire NC being confident in the money is there and that is should not take 2-3 years to get it done with just the majority item(s) to workout.
And like some have already said, I have not waited 6 years to jump on the first offer when it is lacking in several areas IMO.
I know it's tough Birdman, and good luck with your final decision, just don't let it eat you up on the inside. Some folks take nego's personal, when in reality, it's just business in the long run.

Hey Birdman, have you won the wrestling match with your decision yet?
Are you waiting for the co's RS before making your decision?
I can only list some reasons why I am a NO vote:
The snap up% is short of the average 3% raise per year for the 6 year pay freeze that the co. induced upon us. As of Aug 18 it should be 18%. Therefore it is not full retro.
Missing the 2018 raise of 3% even though the co. is saying 3% for every outgoing year is false, also no raise in final 2023 year as we have in current contract.
I am totally against moving our contract date to April (leave it alone at Aug)
I also disagree with how the co. changed recall stats to we have to pick one city to come back to. "No way in hell" will I agree to this. Seniority should take us wherever it takes us on a recall period.
I also cannot stand the new grievance steps outlined by company.
I do not like not having any better protections for headcount and stations.
I would have liked to added another week of vac like the other airlines have 6 or even 7 weeks.
I was also one of them that wanted caps installed on medical or at least some improvements made to our medical.
There are a couple more but I do not have my notes with me.
The RS was an eye opener for me as well, the economist as well as that X-management guy helped me make my decision as well as the entire NC being confident in the money is there and that is should not take 2-3 years to get it done with just the majority item(s) to workout.
And like some have already said, I have not waited 6 years to jump on the first offer when it is lacking in several areas IMO.
I know it's tough Birdman, and good luck with your final decision, just don't let it eat you up on the inside. Some folks take nego's personal, when in reality, it's just business in the long run.

6 YEARS!!!! How absolutely and completely, utterly PATHETIC. And AMFA STILL couldn’t gain you something acceptable after ALL THAT TIME.

F80A33E8-D613-4F14-9569-9A9F92656812.jpeg

Since the RS I’m a reluctant but necessary no. On one side I have similar reasons as driver on the money but tilting the scale on the other is the sheer satisfaction of telling the arrogant Mr. McCrady NO, something I wish we could have said sooner. Station protection is also very important to my quality of life.

A couple of reasons for my no vote besides falling short on base pay is: the tech support mechanic language, and some of the maintenance control language.
The tech support mechanic should be a bid position; and if not, then it should follow the bump up lead language (seniority). It shouldn’t be left to the lead to decide who fills that position on a nightly basis.
As far as mx control; if they were able to secure a 2.8% premium over the industry, that should be extended to cover everyone in our book.
And honestly, changing the amendable date is another thing that irritates me.

Since the RS I’m a reluctant but necessary no. On one side I have similar reasons as driver on the money but tilting the scale on the other is the sheer satisfaction of telling the arrogant Mr. McCrady NO, something I wish we could have said sooner. Station protection is also very important to my quality of life.
I love the McCrady reason and agree 100%.
Any offer that affects QOL issues should get voted down.

A couple of reasons for my no vote besides falling short on base pay is: the tech support mechanic language, and some of the maintenance control language.
The tech support mechanic should be a bid position; and if not, then it should follow the bump up lead language (seniority). It shouldn’t be left to the lead to decide who fills that position on a nightly basis.
As far as mx control; if they were able to secure a 2.8% premium over the industry, that should be extended to cover everyone in our book.
And honestly, changing the amendable date is another thing that irritates me.
Blue, thx for the input, never really looked at the other two groups in this way. This is why I like discussing how others feel and retain.
I would agree with the 2.8% above industry as long as they considered the "full industry" just like they do with dispatchers and I think even other groups now within our contract.
I also wish they would look at the rest of the industry as far as vacation weeks.

If you don’t vote YES now SWA Management is going to put you on ice for another 6 years as punishment. And you know what AMFA will do about it? Absolutely JACK SQUAT NOTHING.

8C91CD67-B967-4C82-9245-D00506DF62CD.jpeg

Curious to your reasons why a no vote.
Most I hear are economics only $$$$, but I have more than eco's.
If you don't want to post why I would understand, but i like to ask for reasons as we all could have missed something. I would ask you the same if werea yes vote, so just discussing and gathering more info is all.

Anytime we give away work or future work I vote no. I feel we are giving away work with etops.

Anytime we give away work or future work I vote no. I feel we are giving away work with etops.
Would you also include international etops as well as downlines?
That new maint. program that Scott Collins was pushing so hard for would have stripped us of a lot of work.
With keeping the way it is and the packages they are adding to line and ron maint. work they will have to add headcount which I have seen them start already for some of the cities building up the packages. DEN, OAK, SAN, BWI, HOU, PHX, LAS and more.

Would you also include international etops as well as downlines?
That new maint. program that Scott Collins was pushing so hard for would have stripped us of a lot of work.
With keeping the way it is and the packages they are adding to line and ron maint. work they will have to add headcount which I have seen them start already for some of the cities building up the packages. DEN, OAK, SAN, BWI, HOU, PHX, LAS and more.

Absolutely!

Amfa vote- 75% yes. We shall see. Hope I am wrong- members lost confidence in the extended timeline. Sad but true.