WN Mechanics seek mediation

AMFA cool aid F sticks.
these nut jobs.
arrogant asses.
images

The position is only shaky because that is your thought process. If this is voted down, then what's the plan, when the company wants a small change in language for the economics package you guys say you need. Do you go 8 to 10 years ,-before you finally just vote it in, because it finally sinks into your brain, all that you lost, and continue to lose everyday. You see it's easy to get all excited when your Union tells you to vote no. But they don't tell you the real cost of money you will never see.

The new " Get the Facts" notice from the company contains a few surprising statements but when scrutinized does not refute anything that was told to the mechanics I know of that spoke with company NC members. I believe this whole notice was concocted, not on false claims, but to simply show the negative implications that may or may not occur if we fail to ratify. We are all well aware of those possibilities as many have already been discussed. I will say again that several mechanics were told there was money left on the table. While their second "false claim" states "Southwest informed AMFA and the federal mediator that there is no more money available for this collective bargaining agreement", that can become null and void when we reject it.

Last edited:
The position is only shaky because that is your thought process. If this is voted down, then what's the plan, when the company wants a small change in language for the economics package you guys say you need. Do you go 8 to 10 years ,-before you finally just vote it in, because it finally sinks into your brain, all that you lost, and continue to lose everyday. You see it's easy to get all excited when your Union tells you to vote no. But they don't tell you the real cost of money you will never see.

images

Such a sad little group you have. You remind me of Democrats, the party of No. Sooner or later you're going get run over by a train. AMFA is like the little boy standing on the street corner everyone else ignores. Why do you think American didn't want to go with them this time, with their card drive.

It’s not about the union we have representing us, it’s about the company paying us what we are worth. I don’t care if it’s amfa, twu, ibt, or iam - we’re worth more than what the company is offering. Look at what maintenance control is getting - they should be 6% max above us. That means we should be mid 50s. You (driver) are happy with the offer, but you’re really hung up on amfa. The more I think about it, you sound like chuck drake.

Reactions: B737 driver
It’s not about the union we have representing us, it’s about the company paying us what we are worth. I don’t care if it’s amfa, twu, ibt, or iam - we’re worth more than what the company is offering. Look at what maintenance control is getting - they should be 6% max above us. That means we should be mid 50s. You (driver) are happy with the offer, but you’re really hung up on amfa. The more I think about it, you sound like chuck drake.
If you had a bigger union, you might get more money. You might not. The question you personally have to ask yourself, before you vote. Is it worth going 7 years or more to gain 3% to 5%. If someone is just starting out, might be worth it to them. If you are at the end of your career probably not.

It appears someone is up to their same ole tactics. Name calling and insults when he don't get another yes vote put in his corner. Now you know why is on ignore with me. He seems to always come back to say sorry but ALWAYS resorts right back to how he really is, typical...
And yes, I too am willing to wait. We waited this long, why give up at this point. I don't care if it's 1% we are due what we are due simple as that. Can't wait to get my ballot this week and send it back with a big NO vote on it...

It appears someone is up to their same ole tactics. Name calling and insults when he don't get another yes vote put in his corner. Now you know why is on ignore with me. He seems to always come back to say sorry but ALWAYS resorts right back to how he really is, typical...
And yes, I too am willing to wait. We waited this long, why give up at this point. I don't care if it's 1% we are due what we are due simple as that. Can't wait to get my ballot this week and send it back with a big NO vote on it...
Good keep voting no, I don't apologise . You're an idiot. You want to believe the company is just going to hand you money with no cost. I hope Weazz comes here and craps in your yard. You see you couldn't convince the American guys to take up the AMFA banner, you are pathetic!!!

Last edited:
Sure was glad to see Will keep his position. Over 82% of the members saw the scam that it was trying to recall R-2 Director Will A. by the very same person that he replaced.
Starting tomorrow we start voting, hopefully we will get the same % of No votes or better on this T/A as Will got to keep him in his position. Click below link for the results:
Congrats to you, Will!!!

See the results here.

Hang it there, just vote and don't waste your breath with these nut jobs.

Driver these guys you’re dealing with here aren’t just nuts, they’ve been certified.

Don’t worry. My forecast on this thing is you end up with an astonishing 97% YES PASS vote.

These kooks here are all talk until they get that ballot. They’re FOS.

YouTube George Carlin “Stupid People” (Fits quite well here)

Driver these guys you’re dealing with here aren’t just nuts, they’ve been certified.

Don’t worry. My forecast on this thing is you end up with an astonishing 97% YES PASS vote.

These kooks here are all talk until they get that ballot. They’re FOS.

YouTube George Carlin “Stupid People” (Fits quite well here)
I am just waiting for my ballot to vote yes, with several other people. He only seems to come into your backyard.

I am just waiting for my ballot to vote yes, with several other people. He only seems to come into your backyard.
Been watching this thread as outsider. Sounds like your company created this state of affairs and environment for you and your SWA AMT's (based on historical facts), yet you wont put your frustrations and emotional empathy towards the actual problem. Interestingly, You will knowingly reward the company for their intentional actions based on the play book of the other legacy carriers of dragging out Negotiations for multiple years, where some of your maintenance department management team came from. More importantly, you seem to be part of the problem....not a healthy solution to the problem. Sounds like your Negotiating Committee is willing to fight harder for you than you are willing to fight for your own career and well being. Rolling over and taking it, is the problem we all are facing in this industry. You and your type of ideologies are truly part of the problem, rewarding a company for creating the actual problem of emotions/frustrations to not only SWA, but to the whole industry. Respecfully, disgraceful to all AMT's.

Best of luck on your TA vote, hopefully your SWA AMT's can consciously see through the intentional pay freeze, threats and company propaganda. The whole industry is watching your workgroup. I hope rolling over to the company without a fight is not the final outcome. Sounds like more no voters by the day. I wish you all the best, majority rules.

Latest posts