WN Mechanics seek mediation

He hasn't changed believe me and of course he is taking orders from above.
Hey, I'm not saying he hasn't changed, only saying what I have been told SINCE he has been here in Dallas as he moved up the corp ladder. I did here from one of his fellow workers from Hou. that he did in fact make a very strong worded phrase after taking his first relm position in Dallas. That phrase was, "were here to take the airline back" now where that came from and why I have no clue personally, but we hear they were saying Sokol was too close with the mechanics and would cater to them. Another phrase he was heard saying is, "no longer will the mechanics run to the upper corner office". I am told that reference is also a jab towards Sokol. So take it all as you will, but his latest memo out speaks volumes. Yes he was directed to put a memo out, but the writings are his words. Think about it.

Oh I totally believe that what you just said. They railroaded Sokol out of here, as well as Jack James. These idiots they brought on all with their grand ideas, worked out so well at their past airlines they left. I've watched this my whole career, these tards reinventing the wheel and bringing their great ideas here (trax) and then when things fail miserably, they take their golden parachutes and bail out with a dumb ass letter about seeking golden opportunities elsewhere, while we are stuck with their policy changes and culture massacre they brought on while their tenure here was in existence. Supposedly this cat they brought from AK is suppose to be a good dude. I personally would like to see LN gone and if this dude is a good dude, then have him take the reins. (Which I still have a hard time believing nobody internal cut the mustard).
Completely agree with you. So who's the new guys from AK? I may know who you are talking about but I may have not known he was from AK. Just another example of hiring outside of SWA for these positions, what gives? If it continues it will not be good in the long run, or the short run for that matter.
At this point, doing my time and getting out ASAP, that's for sure.

Hey, I'm not saying he hasn't changed, only saying what I have been told SINCE he has been here in Dallas as he moved up the corp ladder. I did here from one of his fellow workers from Hou. that he did in fact make a very strong worded phrase after taking his first relm position in Dallas. That phrase was, "were here to take the airline back" now where that came from and why I have no clue personally, but we hear they were saying Sokol was too close with the mechanics and would cater to them. Another phrase he was heard saying is, "no longer will the mechanics run to the upper corner office". I am told that reference is also a jab towards Sokol. So take it all as you will, but his latest memo out speaks volumes. Yes he was directed to put a memo out, but the writings are his words. Think about it.
I don't need to think about it. I know what he is capable of first hand.

I find it kinda funny, Landon Nitchke demands 100% compliance, the mechanics give it to him and he declares it an operational emergency.

Last edited:
With the moves that are happening now, it seems that they don’t want the culture or old attitude to be salvageable even after a new cba is reached. More and more the attitudes are here to stay. It sucks, because this place was different, and now it’ll just be like all the others. And no one in upper management seems to care....

With the moves that are happening now, it seems that they don’t want the culture or old attitude to be salvageable even after a new cba is reached. More and more the attitudes are here to stay. It sucks, because this place was different, and now it’ll just be like all the others. And no one in upper management seems to care....

It's time to suck it up and deal with it man.

And worst case scenario , we could strike and they would be lined up out the door, to welcome our great benefits, with a new union .

Well there we have it, Dallas is now the 5th city under the "State of Operational Emergency" Don't know what triggered it, I can only assume it has to do with more a/c removed from service. More info to come. Same memo sent out to the Dallas folks that were sent to the 4 other cities.

d4btoa.jpg

Well there we have it, Dallas is now the 5th city under the "State of Operational Emergency" Don't know what triggered it, I can only assume it has to do with more a/c removed from service. More info to come. Same memo sent out to the Dallas folks that were sent to the 4 other cities.
Read the statement Mike put out in SWA life there is an injunction coming against AMFA, SWA is building their case. When you state your maintenance program has not changed, and the task cards have not. Lightning strikes, and pilot write ups are uncontrollable. However when you do the same task cards and you normally have 20 airplanes a day out of service, and then you go to 60 after negotiations not going well that is a job action. We need to watch our backs. Some idiot took a picture of the out of service screen and shared it with the media. So now that feature is blocked in OTCS. This is not a game.

Latest posts