WN Mechanics seek mediation

Ok well Station closing protections is absolutely a gain and a relocation allowance I can get on board with having been displaced twice in my career.

Sorry you didn’t gain more work frankly but at least you didn’t lose any so that’s something.

Good luck with your vote this time. Sounds to me as if you guys are happy with the deal and ready to move on.
Hey NO clue. We did, or will gain more work. I just love it when you freakin morons spout off about nothing you know about.
IF this contract is voted in there will be more mechanics hired at Southwest. "CAN YOU SAY THE SAME AT AA???"
Mostly at our big stations of course. But numbers are from 50 -200 for all around the system. Can you say the same? Weez?
I know you have have me on ignore but you still read all my post as my electronics tell me so.
Man you are so butt hurt now as all I have told you has come true at Southwest as well as at AA. Sad that I still know more about your nego's than you do isn't it Weez???

Ok well Station closing protections is absolutely a gain and a relocation allowance I can get on board with having been displaced twice in my career.

Sorry you didn’t gain more work frankly but at least you didn’t lose any so that’s something.

Good luck with your vote this time. Sounds to me as if you guys are happy with the deal and ready to move on.
So true.
Hey NO clue. We did, or will gain more work. I just love it when you freakin morons spout off about nothing you know about.
IF this contract is voted in there will be more mechanics hired at Southwest. "CAN YOU SAY THE SAME AT AA???"
Mostly at our big stations of course. But numbers are from 50 -200 for all around the system. Can you say the same? Weez?
I know you have have me on ignore but you still read all my post as my electronics tell me so.
Man you are so butt hurt now as all I have told you has come true at Southwest as well as at AA. Sad that I still know more about your nego's than you do isn't it Weez???
Well for a ramper, that guy is really bitter, if you say anything bad about the Association, but we are all proud of our various unions. I hope they get a deal. It sucks waiting. Hey Swampy as a side note all our Max aircraft are going to Victorville Ca. Looks like they may be there for a little while, until they can be modified.

So true.

Well for a ramper, that guy is really bitter, if you say anything bad about the Association, but we are all proud of our various unions. I hope they get a deal. It sucks waiting. Hey Swampy as a side note all our Max aircraft are going to Victorville Ca. Looks like they may be there for a little while, until they can be modified.
Yeah, as to the Victorville storage, that's not good. That is pretty evident that we are not going to be flying these aircraft anytime soon. I think the dreamliner was parked for 3 months while they sorted out the battery issues a few years back. Supposedly Boeing is going to reimburse operators, to what extent, who knows but this is going into our busiest flight load schedule and we are parking 34 airplanes. Everyday that reflects hundreds of cancellations, pissing off a lot of passengers. Was looking at the news today discussing a inverted yield curve, first time in several years, which is indicative of a recession. I so want this AIP to get to TA and voted, so we can get this crap over and done at least. Nothing is a sure thing until in writing.

Yeah, as to the Victorville storage, that's not good. That is pretty evident that we are not going to be flying these aircraft anytime soon. I think the dreamliner was parked for 3 months while they sorted out the battery issues a few years back. Supposedly Boeing is going to reimburse operators, to what extent, who knows but this is going into our busiest flight load schedule and we are parking 34 airplanes. Everyday that reflects hundreds of cancellations, pissing off a lot of passengers. Was looking at the news today discussing a inverted yield curve, first time in several years, which is indicative of a recession. I so want this AIP to get to TA and voted, so we can get this crap over and done at least. Nothing is a sure thing until in writing.
Amen stay safe.

So true.

Of course. That is just the way he is, and always has been.
Man I really hope they can get them 8's back into service soon, it's killing our bottom line for now.
New update out...

Joint Memo: Update on the Tentative Agreement
March 22, 2019 -- After reaching an Agreement in Principle (AIP) on March 16, the Southwest and AMFA Negotiating Committees began finalizing the contractual language to turn the AIP into a Tentative Agreement (TA). By and large, this work has been completed, with only a few remaining issues. The TA calls for retro pay through March 31, 2019, and Southwest will provide AMFA with the final numbers around April 5. At that point, AMFA will determine how it plans to distribute the ratification bonus to each individual. The last remaining step is to combine all of the documents we’ve agreed to into one TA document for your review, and we plan to complete this work next week.

Download: 20190322_AMFA_Joint_Memo_re_Update_on_TA.pdf
Read More

So hopefully more good news next week.
People are tired and exhausted of waiting, I really think this might be it, I am tired of fighting for it myself. Hopefully all this crap will get done and we will all move onward.

Of course. That is just the way he is, and always has been.
Man I really hope they can get them 8's back into service soon, it's killing our bottom line for now.
New update out...

Joint Memo: Update on the Tentative Agreement
March 22, 2019 -- After reaching an Agreement in Principle (AIP) on March 16, the Southwest and AMFA Negotiating Committees began finalizing the contractual language to turn the AIP into a Tentative Agreement (TA). By and large, this work has been completed, with only a few remaining issues. The TA calls for retro pay through March 31, 2019, and Southwest will provide AMFA with the final numbers around April 5. At that point, AMFA will determine how it plans to distribute the ratification bonus to each individual. The last remaining step is to combine all of the documents we’ve agreed to into one TA document for your review, and we plan to complete this work next week.

Download: 20190322_AMFA_Joint_Memo_re_Update_on_TA.pdf
Read More

So hopefully more good news next week.
People are tired and exhausted of waiting, I really think this might be it, I am tired of fighting for it myself. Hopefully all this crap will get done and we will all move onward.
Keep us posted of your Dallas meeting, someone told me if you wanted a rough estimate of your back pay. Take your last what the company emailed you last year, and multiply it, by 1.75. I did it, but it seemed too high to me, who knows, just wait, will be out soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
Keep us posted of your Dallas meeting, someone told me if you wanted a rough estimate of your back pay. Take your last what the company emailed you last year, and multiply it, by 1.75. I did it, but it seemed too high to me, who knows, just wait, will be out soon.
That number would be about right. The amount they emailed you last year was based off 91 million. If you add 75% to that 91 million you will be close to 160 million. So, take the amount you were quoted last year and add 75% and that should get you real close.

So true.

Sorry but reality is inescapable sometimes. You guys did ultimately sell out your Class and Craft in America for more $$Money$$

I wonder what those “other parameters” are?

• LOA1 contains AMFA’s consent for eight lines of heavy maintenance to be performed by one or more “”””””””””international vendors,”””””””””” along with “other parameters” enclosed in the final TA. This is for work that is not currently done in-house.

I sure will driver.
And your scenario is about right when I do it with my numbers, but I still would like to get the figures from our economist like we did last time, just for feel good reasons is all, comfort it you will.
driver, being told we should have the T/A before our meeting on the 28th, unless some monkey wrench get thrown into it all.
Just glad this second offer has finally really coming to reality for us. KK looks more and more like the HERO here. Who would have guessed it would have taken a brand new 1 month old employee from Alaska. LOL...

I sure will driver.
And your scenario is about right when I do it with my numbers, but I still would like to get the figures from our economist like we did last time, just for feel good reasons is all, comfort it you will.
driver, being told we should have the T/A before our meeting on the 28th, unless some monkey wrench get thrown into it all.
Just glad this second offer has finally really coming to reality for us. KK looks more and more like the HERO here. Who would have guessed it would have taken a brand new 1 month old employee from Alaska. LOL...
I would say he will be Landon's replacement.

We are very lucky we don't have 100 of those pos.

Looks to me like the AMFA and the TWU are going to remain working together towards common goals.

Must be quite a disappointment to those who prefer the divisive trying to raid each other approach instead.

3AD994C3-7CAD-43FD-BF8E-66CBEA50B3EA.jpeg

Looks to me like the AMFA and the TWU are going to remain working together towards common goals.

Must be quite a disappointment to those who prefer the divisive trying to raid each other approach instead.

View attachment 14195
If the American guys face what we did, I am sure they can use all the help they can get, and legal advice. We still don't know how the lawsuits will come out. I am sure if we ratify, and probably will, they will probably be dropped.