WN Mechanics seek mediation

Thank you lineguy. Some other added bonuses are in there as well. Vac additions, day trade additions, premium positions additions, QOL issue added and increased etc. A lot more than the normal biggie stuff up front, in the middle and of course rounding out the end.
AMFA was being watched like a hawk on this one. They were challenged from the very start of this go round as to what they can really produce in a sec 6 nego's at SWA. (even though it was not the first sec 6 as some have try to state. And as you well know, kept bringing up the ole NWA fiasco as the only thing negative towards AMFA. Just wanted to throw out to you a thank you as well, for hanging around and keeping the truth rolling about the NWA facts and fighting off all the lies and misinformation about what really happened at NWA way back when. And I will add, it was a pleasure to walk the picket lines with the men and women of NWA, proud to have been a part of that indeed.
Now that AMFA has been successful at SWA, and currently doing very well in the Alaska nego's, with many progressions added and changes of QOL issues so far, pretty sure the AMFA watch crowd will be pleased, and hopefully it will help AMFA grow in the industry again. I really hope the AA'ers are successful with AMFA but just not sure if it could happen now that the merger with LUS is done with the added industrial union on their side.
Again lineguy, thanks for the kind words and staying involved with the industry, cheers...

You're welcome. Makes me wish I had taken the Maintenance Control job with you guys 10 yrs ago when I had the chance...But I am too old now to make any more career changes. Just want to live to see retirement hopefully in the next 5 to 7 years.

You're welcome. Makes me wish I had taken the Maintenance Control job with you guys 10 yrs ago when I had the chance...But I am too old now to make any more career changes. Just want to live to see retirement hopefully in the next 5 to 7 years.
Stop kicking yourself brother. You are happy where your at right? We hear that a lot from the AA guys that we've brought in. Some had 20 plus years, and once they came over they all have said they wished they chose SWA over AA way back when. But SWA was not considered top dog back then. Some guys were still thinking that AA would be around longer than SWA would. It was tough to make that decision back then, I too had an offer from AA but decided to hold out for SWA for the bigger reason of locations available for me. Plus with AA they wanted to start me out as a helper not a full fledged A&P mechanic, so didn't like that either.
One more regular payday driver, then we start seeing first retro check. After 7 years, it still hard to believe it's just around the corner.

Stop kicking yourself brother. You are happy where your at right? We hear that a lot from the AA guys that we've brought in. Some had 20 plus years, and once they came over they all have said they wished they chose SWA over AA way back when. But SWA was not considered top dog back then. Some guys were still thinking that AA would be around longer than SWA would. It was tough to make that decision back then, I too had an offer from AA but decided to hold out for SWA for the bigger reason of locations available for me. Plus with AA they wanted to start me out as a helper not a full fledged A&P mechanic, so didn't like that either.
One more regular payday driver, then we start seeing first retro check. After 7 years, it still hard to believe it's just around the corner.
Amen brother, now to replace L.N. and get our culture back! :)

Reactions: dgaf
Amen brother, now to replace L.N. and get our culture back! :)
You got that right brother. Man I about gagged when I saw the post a week, ten days ago from LN about our ratification and the hard work and bla bla bla. That mf wanted us gone, not many people I hate in this world, but that man is def very high on the list, along with Van. Kurt had mentioned about rebuilding trust, and he's right, but it ain't gonna start until some bad apples fall out of this tree first.

Reactions: 737MAX7
You got that right brother. Man I about gagged when I saw the post a week, ten days ago from LN about our ratification and the hard work and bla bla bla. That mf wanted us gone, not many people I hate in this world, but that man is def very high on the list, along with Van. Kurt had mentioned about rebuilding trust, and he's right, but it ain't gonna start until some bad apples fall out of this tree first.

Kinder needs to be in LN's spot in my opinion. And I also think two others need to be relocated, demoted or even removed as well. Remember the phrase "we are gonna take our airline back?" Now we all know what was meant by this phrase and exactly where they were going with it.
I too think Kinder can get it done, but, as you state, some other heads are gonna have to be moved or rolled in order to get the mechanics fully on board. And guys we need to express our feelings about this to our ALR's and Presidents as they are meeting with Kinder every 3 months now on this very subject matter, so please speak up and let them know so they can relay how the membership feels as a whole about these leaders running maint. culture into the ground, he (Kinder) really does need to know and hear us, as he's a great listener. Speak up fellas, the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Kinder needs to be in LN's spot in my opinion. And I also think two others need to be relocated, demoted or even removed as well. Remember the phrase "we are gonna take our airline back?" Now we all know what was meant by this phrase and exactly where they were going with it.
I too think Kinder can get it done, but, as you state, some other heads are gonna have to be moved or rolled in order to get the mechanics fully on board. And guys we need to express our feelings about this to our ALR's and Presidents as they are meeting with Kinder every 3 months now on this very subject matter, so please speak up and let them know so they can relay how the membership feels as a whole about these leaders running maint. culture into the ground, he (Kinder) really does need to know and hear us, as he's a great listener. Speak up fellas, the squeaky wheel gets the grease...
Well I intend to make every Local 4 meeting to tell them to tell Kinder to tell Kelly to get rid of F stick!

They haven’t dropped the suits yet.

Maybe the contract is not signed yet. I don't know for sure. But we will see. Please realize that some of our nego's are (or were) still in nego's with the Alaska mechanics. Got the word today that they too came to a T/A on their JCBA. Hope it passes for them this time.

BTW here's the update of AMFA/Alaska nego's on JCBA:

AMFA-Alaska Transition Reach Agreement in Principle
June 5, 2019 -- We started off the year with a goal for our Maintenance and Engineering division to work as one team — on both the Boeing and Airbus fleets. On Monday, June 3rd, we moved closer to that goal when AMFA and Alaska Airlines reached a Transition Agreement (TA) in Principle.
Read More

Last edited:
Guess we will find out then. Or call up your ALR or someone on the NC, they will tell you about the suits. There is no way in heck that the co. will want to go forward with the suits. It will not look good for the co. if they do as all the write-ups were legit and they just got thru another FAA smack down on the intimidations and threats of job losses. If they go through that again so soon, the FAA will not be nice this time around.
However, if that's the approach they want to entertain, it might the hammer that needs to fall to get some folks moved or out like we have all been discussing. Certain individuals would have to take the hit so maybe we would want to go forward, what do ya think???

I was speaking to one of the people named in the lawsuit. He has yet to have anything dismissed. You would think the company would’ve motioned for dismissal upon ratification.

Yes I agree with you on that. Maybe we (membership) mechanics should address this issue with Kinder immediately so the members that are listed in the suits can be at ease. I say screw the 12th I say lets approach Kinder about it. He seems to be the one to go to to get things done for the mechanics.

Latest posts