WN Mechanics seek mediation

We had always heard June 5th paycheck, has something changed? I saw some email floating around (don’t even know if it’s real) saying August 5th check. Seems pretty lengthy. The only thing we know for sure is our retro within 30 days.
Blue the email was a rumor started because the company ask AMFA about doing the pay scale increases August 5 th, AMFA said no this is the snap up, and back pay for April and May, SWA claimed trying to get the payroll implemented took more time. We will get the big check in JUNE. So in our meeting today in Chicago Local 4, Dan Burgess talked about the new pay scale and back pay no later than July 5 th, or earlier. This is still going back and forth with the company. So it is still fluid. They don't see a problem being ratified. They said the results will be certified by noon May 21st, central time. So I will know when I come to work that day. One guy ask about the retirees and deceased mechanics retro payments, because guys are calling my Area rep and asking him. Because they haven't received any information from the company yet. So that's about it.

We had always heard June 5th paycheck, has something changed? I saw some email floating around (don’t even know if it’s real) saying August 5th check. Seems pretty lengthy. The only thing we know for sure is our retro within 30 days.
We have always heard the same, June 5th is suppose to be first payout between April 1st-May 31st. to be paid on June 5th. Secondly, a little while back, before the co. correction some of us were hearing June 20th as the second date of funds to be delivered. After the co. emails and the correction from 60 days to 30 days that would put us right on the June 20th for the second payout. So we are still assuming June 5 and 20th for the two payouts in retroactive bonuses. The third payout will not come until all cases are done and settled with terminations that may or may not stick with the smallest payout (the last one) it will be more like several months if not a year plus until all those get worked out. We were told the company has around 8 of those to work through.
I agree that Aug would be too late and too long to wait. It's already been close to 7 years. Don't make us wait any longer SWA...

Blue the email was a rumor started because the company ask AMFA about doing the pay scale increases August 5 th, AMFA said no this is the snap up, and back pay for April and May, SWA claimed trying to get the payroll implemented took more time. We will get the big check in JUNE. So in our meeting today in Chicago Local 4, Dan Burgess talked about the new pay scale and back pay no later than July 5 th, or earlier. This is still going back and forth with the company. So it is still fluid. They don't see a problem being ratified. They said the results will be certified by noon May 21st, central time. So I will know when I come to work that day. One guy ask about the retirees and deceased mechanics retro payments, because guys are calling my Area rep and asking him. Because they haven't received any information from the company yet. So that's about it.
From what we are being told in Dallas. The retirees and past mechanics families will get their share of the 145.5 million due to them if they were here during the almost 7 years of waiting for contract. The part that they will not receive is the overage of 14.5 million. As we have been told, only current mechanics on payroll as of March of 2019 will get paid out of the 14.5 million.

From what we are being told in Dallas. The retirees and past mechanics families will get their share of the 145.5 million due to them if they were here during the almost 7 years of waiting for contract. The part that they will not receive is the overage of 14.5 million. As we have been told, only current mechanics on payroll as of March of 2019 will get paid out of the 14.5 million.
Well one guy was asking about the retirees, because some of our retired guys were calling him, because they haven't received the information from the company yet. But when the last is settled from the terminations, it will probably be next year , like you said.

SWEEEEEEET!!!

AMFA – SWA AMT Tentative Agreement Ratification Referendum Results
May 21, 2019 -- The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on May 21, 2019. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:
Read More
Hey Swampy I guess that 128 nos was the one guy in Chicago that said, someone had to vote no, Lol. Congrats! :)

Hey Swampy I guess that 128 nos was the one guy in Chicago that said, someone had to vote no, Lol. Congrats! :)
Yes sir. We will always have them. Maybe they should all just retire and leave this co. so others can move up to better QOL.
Glad it is all over with now. Now we can all move on with life. Help SWA grow this airline even bigger and better and keep making record profits.
I pray Kinder is successful in getting the culture back to where it once was with AMFA and the mechanics, but I can guarantee you at least a couple things, certain people will have to be move, relocated to other positions, or maybe even gone before that will come to fruition. He is a man of his word just like the Alaska guys said he was, so maybe he will get it done. I'm all for Kinder for maint VP.
Now that we know for sure that LN was trying to rid AMFA from SWA, how can we continue a relationship while he's our VP or whatever he is now.

I also want to tip my hat to all the individuals at the table that were able to get this done, even past AMFA nego's has it was they who held strong in the very beginning too. I do not praise the co's fiasco 1st NC, too many games and propaganda. Not sure about the 2nd NC on co. side as they still dragged out and made no decisions until Kinder got in there and got it done in 3-5 days and even over an all weekender. He came to get it done, said he would get it done, had the authority to get it done, and only had to back to GK once for the final word on the amount, as the 160 million was up there high enough where he had to confirm the amount. But, that amount was solely being driven up by the co's lame past NC's by dragging these nego's out too long. LN scheme of things did not work in his favor, SC scheme of new maint program and farming everything out did not work in his favor either.

Time move on. I know, some of us will not forget, but it is time to move forward with life. Let's all focus on some early retirement benefits for the next one. Maybe higher match. Med caps. More QOL issues. Who knows, a lot can change in 5 years. Look what has all taken place in these last almost 7 years.

Congrats to all the mechanics fro holding strong and staying so freakin UNITED. This was NOT a greedy contract, it is simply a standard 3% average per year like we have always received, with full back pay and a small padded bonus for waiting so freakin long and well deserved. SWA saved way more over the last 6 plus years with our no pay raises than they did the cost of this contract including the extra pay in bonuses to make sure it passed, otherwise they would have never offered it, period.
Well done gentlemen, VERY well done, and thank you all...

We have always heard the same, June 5th is suppose to be first payout between April 1st-May 31st. to be paid on June 5th. Secondly, a little while back, before the co. correction some of us were hearing June 20th as the second date of funds to be delivered. After the co. emails and the correction from 60 days to 30 days that would put us right on the June 20th for the second payout. So we are still assuming June 5 and 20th for the two payouts in retroactive bonuses. The third payout will not come until all cases are done and settled with terminations that may or may not stick with the smallest payout (the last one) it will be more like several months if not a year plus until all those get worked out. We were told the company has around 8 of those to work through.
I agree that Aug would be too late and too long to wait. It's already been close to 7 years. Don't make us wait any longer SWA...
I just saw the company email the big payout will be June 20 th or 21 st. Our Back pay from April 1 st will be paid out, with our new pay rates on the August 5 th check, so a nice check on August 5th.