WN Mechanics seek mediation

Meaning that the Lawyers (Lee Seeham) needs to evaluate how best to continue this on to charge the AMFA Members more Legal fees.

Don't expect this to be over my friends.

IMG_2831.PNG

And not for nothing that any and all support isn't appreciated BUT AMFA DFW 11 you do realize I hope that there are two other Locals involved in this picketing. Maybe at least acknowledging them would be a courteous move.

"Support TWU591 at American"

IMG_2832.PNG

So our brothers in Dallas are screwed until this is settled, so that answers my question on that, we all know more was going on then AMFA said, but that's not up to disclosure here!

I'm not sure how you are drawing that conclusion. It says the arbitration is scheduled for August.

As you naysayers and skeptics can clearly see, AMFA is fighting for it's members. They don't control the outcome of any arbitration hearing.

As you naysayers and skeptics can clearly see, AMFA is fighting for it's members. They don't control the outcome of any arbitration hearing.

Not all cases should be Arbitrated and certainly not taken to court after it's been lost.

I hope you do understand that that is YOUR money that was likely completely wasted.

Not all cases should be Arbitrated and certainly not taken to court after it's been lost.

I hope you do understand that that is YOUR money that was likely completely wasted.

It was our work. It has been our work for years. There was even a previous system board ruling that set a precedent. I am surprised we lost. When the company tries to take work from you, do you just lay down and let them? Money well spent in my opinion.

It was our work. It has been our work for years. There was even a previous system board ruling that set a precedent. I am surprised we lost. When the company tries to take work from you, do you just lay down and let them? Money well spent in my opinion.

I don't know all the particular details of your case but if it absolutely was your work and your work alone under your CBA wouldn't you have won the Arbitration from the beginning?

We have the same situation going on right now over here at AA. Brake riding is in both the Maintenance CBA and the Fleet CBA. AA Management over the years has transferred the job back and forth and both groups have grieved it and lost. Right now the Company is in the process of transferring it back again to Fleet.

It is not money well spent when an Arbitrator has ruled and you lost the arbitration I told you that a federal judge will not turn over an Arbitrator decision ,it never has happened. A good attorney will tell you when you can win a case and spend the money, a bad attorney will say sure we can win it, and take your money, just like the current law firm did! Based on the people fired, unfortunately under the circumstances they were acting on bad advice the arbitration will be lost, not getting into that, but with it being a federal lawsuit involving the RLA, a deal will have to be struck before a contract will be settled, to dismiss the case! I really hope they get their jobs back, losing a job at SWA is like losing a senior mechanic job at Fed Ex, or UPS !

Reactions: Go Figure
I don't know all the particular details of your case but if it absolutely was your work and your work alone under your CBA wouldn't you have won the Arbitration from the beginning?

We have the same situation going on right now over here at AA. Brake riding is in both the Maintenance CBA and the Fleet CBA. AA Management over the years has transferred the job back and forth and both groups have grieved it and lost. Right now the Company is in the process of transferring it back again to Fleet.

Okay, so you admit that you know nothing about the case but have no problem saying our money was completely wasted?

Was our money wasted when we won a $4 million settlement for the backfill dispute?
How about when we won the settlement for the fourth line dispute?

Our elected leaders decided to defend our contract language with our money in those cases also.

You don't even work under our contract yet you want to tell us when to defend our negotiated language with our own dues?

Sounds like what the IBT used to say to us.

Okay, so you admit that you know nothing about the case but have no problem saying our money was completely wasted?
He was just commenting, he doesn't know anything about the case, because he doesn't work for us, but Seham being a labor lawyer should know that a Federal judge will not overturn a federal arbitrators decision, because that will set up a prescient all arbitration cases from contracts disbutes to regular arbitrations and they will not do it !

He was just commenting, he doesn't know anything about the case, because he doesn't work for us, but Seham being a labor lawyer should know that a Federal judge will not overturn a federal arbitrators decision, because that will set up a prescient all arbitration cases from contracts disbutes to regular arbitrations and they will not do it !

So you were in the meetings discussing our options in this case?
So you want to assume it was money bad spent only in this case but not the others we won?
So you think you give better legal advice than our labor lawyers because you have perfect hindsight vision?

How about you run for union office so you can share your valuable opinions with the other elected officials, our members and legal counsel and can cast your vote to proceed differently?

You do know all our AMFA leaders are elected and can be recalled?

Would jump in but do not want to be accused of company schill! Hackman be here soon with his rants. Once again I wish the hardworking SWA techs well. Hope my typing is better and will let the rants go on. I am amused at tha Amfa cheerleader attack syndrome. I understand now why their negotiations have stalled if these are the leaders and mouthpieces of the organization and their tactics in full blown section 6 RLA negotiations. Out gunned no doubt. SWA legal better than that. Gonna be long road and can not believe Seham is not at table in these contentious times with the committee. Guess he sent in his help. Gopher hole must be deeper than I thought!!

Was our money wasted when we won a $4 million settlement for the backfill dispute?
How about when we won the settlement for the fourth line dispute?

Our elected leaders decided to defend our contract language with our money in those cases also.

You don't even work under our contract yet you want to tell us when to defend our negotiated language with our own dues?

Sounds like what the IBT used to say to us.
I did my time as a rep, I told you guys you would lose this case when it was started
So you were in the meetings discussing our options in this case?
So you want to assume it was money bad spent only in this case but not the others we won?
So you think you give better legal advice than our labor lawyers because you have perfect hindsight vision?

How about you run for union office so you can share your valuable opinions with the other elected officials, our members and legal counsel and can cast your vote to proceed differently?

You do know all our AMFA leaders are elected and can be recalled?
Yes I know that, I did my time as a rep, I told you you would lose this case when we filed the lawsuit, let me ask you as members, no hurt feelings does it bother you in the least bit , this money was wasted, do you believe everything the union tells you, that is why we got rid of the Teamsters back in 2003, we don't believe everything the company tells us. The reason ee had leading contracts is because of SWA financial position after 911, and our management team was smart enough to hedge fuel before oil skyrocketed in 2008, When we bought Airtran that got us the 800,s quicker and international flying! I want a contract that we can all look at and consider , and feel like we are getting something for the dues we pay every month, sometimes I am like a bull in a china shop that can be good and bad.