WN Mechanics seek mediation

Here's a great video of support from our fantastic Pilot's group SWAPA and the President of the SWAPA with our National Director of AMFA. So great to see our Pilots let the company know they are supporting us 100%. I give great thanks to Jon Weaks and our fantastic Pilots at Southwest for their wonderful support. So very nice to see our Mechanics and Pilots group working together as one.

Would be nice to get their legal counsel, most pilots I talk to, don't know it has been this long! Hopefully we get something to look at, but I am not holding my breath. If we were so concerned about growth of the group why didn't we push the ratio back in 2007/ 2008 when we had more leverage, oh I know the answer we were all drunk on all the overtime we get working over 1000 hours a year overtime, we didn't worry about ratio then, my bad !

Here's a great video of support from our fantastic Pilot's group SWAPA and the President of the SWAPA with our National Director of AMFA. So great to see our Pilots let the company know they are supporting us 100%. I give great thanks to Jon Weaks and our fantastic Pilots at Southwest for their wonderful support. So very nice to see our Mechanics and Pilots group working together as one.

Oh I am only concerned about myself, Brett just explained himself that we are holding up our contract, because AMFA wants SWA to hire more mechanics so our numbers can grow and our for profit union can grow! That's like the UAW not trying to get their membership a raise or better retirement, or secure the jobs they have now; but telling G.M. we want you to open all these plants and hire a bunch of workers and we don't care what your cost are we only want to enrich our union coffers !

Let me ask about this 2.75 number per aircraft. Who's included in this number? Is it only bid locations that actually work on the aircraft? Or others included in this number? Like back shops or an engineer, mx control, etc....In my opinion, it should only be bid locations that actually work on the aircraft. Any bid location that does not actually work on the aircraft(hands on) is a support job like stores, ground support eq, you can goes as far as even saying a lead, backshop bid locations, etc... This number needs to be clearly defined.

Let me ask about this 2.75 number per aircraft. Who's included in this number? Is it only bid locations that actually work on the aircraft? Or others included in this number? Like back shops or an engineer, mx control, etc....In my opinion, it should only be bid locations that actually work on the aircraft. Any bid location that does not actually work on the aircraft(hands on) is a support job like stores, ground support eq, you can goes as far as even saying a lead, backshop bid locations, etc... This number needs to be clearly defined.
Just read loa 1. It does define who is include in the 2.75 number. It says, aircraft, facilities, ground support, lead, and inspectors. That must have been another reason why I voted no.

They are not gonna support 100% or 25%. They would cross an AMFA strike line and spit in your eye while they do it. You are about a hundred years to late to even think you would get 100% support let alone 25%.

They are not gonna support 100% or 25%. They would cross an AMFA strike line and spit in your eye while they do it. You are about a hundred years to late to even think you would get 100% support let alone 25%.
You would get zero support, that video is nothing but lip service, pilots will use you to get theirs, and they have theirs! Swamt calls me IGM mechanic I think I will call him ISM mechanic, Individual Stupid Mechanic, we will never be made whole for the $140,000 I figure we have lost in our lifetime! He is to busy calling names and trashing American Airlines workers in their situation! If they want to let LOA 1 sunset then the language for the ratio needs to be for mechanics, leads, and inspection, and current head counts at all the maintenance stations! We have always let SWA contract heavy work out in exchange for all the overtime availability, that is why the group is small, if you want to work it is there, just make sure whatever language you agree to protects that ability! I guess that makes me gready, but tell me AMFA isn't being gready by wanting more members to gain more more money!

Just read loa 1. It does define who is include in the 2.75 number. It says, aircraft, facilities, ground support, lead, and inspectors. That must have been another reason why I voted no.
We should have bumped it up before the last contract, most AMFA die,hard want to point how much better we are than industrial unions, but we are where we are at because you have mechanics negotiating against Lawyers and people with MBA's then we have to spend extra money on attorney fees, and hiring financial consultants, to make sure we aren't getting screwed ! :)

We should have bumped it up before the last contract, most AMFA die,hard want to point how much better we are than industrial unions, but we are where we are at because you have mechanics negotiating against Lawyers and people with MBA's then we have to spend extra money on attorney fees, and hiring financial consultants, to make sure we aren't getting screwed ! :)
Like I said before, we need a name change. You have gse and facities being counted in the 2.75. You have mechanic lawyers, you have mechanics waiving Pom, poms . What you really have is a SWAMP!

Great to hear we are getting 100% support from our Pilots, F/A's as well as TWU ramp as well. Also glad to see we are doing this IP on the 5th year date. Hope this is getting put out to the media, can't wait to see the pics. How ironic, we also start our lousy 3 days per month negotiations this same day, imagine that?

Press Release: Informational Picketing to Mark the 5 Year Anniversary of the SWA AMT Contract Amendable Date
Why isn't Informational Picketing happening at all the big stations? Dallas, Atlanta, Baltimore, Houston, Orlando, Las Vegas, Oakland, Los Angeles, Denver, etc... and for the whole 3 days they are negotiating. We need a 100% from the mechanics including gse, facilities, and let's not forget mx control, and the instructors. We need 100% from these groups more than anybody else.

Why isn't Informational Picketing happening at all the big stations? Dallas, Atlanta, Baltimore, Houston, Orlando, Las Vegas, Oakland, Los Angeles, Denver, etc... and for the whole 3 days they are negotiating. We need a 100% from the mechanics including gse, facilities, and let's not forget mx control, and the instructors. We need 100% from these groups more than anybody else.
That would be a question for whoever is organizing all the events. I do know I have heard of other cities setting dates as well, I just do not know who or when, that would be for the organizers to answer. You may want to contact AMFA National since this was a National news release, maybe they can help you out and maybe you could also sign up to help they always need volunteers.

That would be a question for whoever is organizing all the events. I do know I have heard of other cities setting dates as well, I just do not know who or when, that would be for the organizers to answer. You may want to contact AMFA National since this was a National news release, maybe they can help you out and maybe you could also sign up to help they always need volunteers.
I've tried at the station I am at 3 years ago. Not much interest. This would have been the perfect time to picket for 3 days at all the stations. Too little too late. The alr's and the national leaders need to be more aggressive in rallying the troops to include gse, mx control, and trainers.

I've tried at the station I am at 3 years ago. Not much interest. This would have been the perfect time to picket for 3 days at all the stations. Too little too late. The alr's and the national leaders need to be more aggressive in rallying the troops to include gse, mx control, and trainers.
Not much interest where I am at, most could care less !

Latest posts

Back