WN Mechanics seek mediation

"Southwest Airlines mechanics — all 2,300 of them — will celebrate a dubious milestone tomorrow, namely the fifth anniversary of protracted negotiations to get a new contract with the low-fare behemoth, which has its largest hub at Chicago's Midway Airport.

With no end to negotiations in sight, according to mechanics union leader Bret Oestreich, the mechanics will take to the informational picket lines on Wednesday at Midway and in Phoenix."

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago...t-airlines-frustrated-mechanics-bring-in.html

I've tried at the station I am at 3 years ago. Not much interest. This would have been the perfect time to picket for 3 days at all the stations. Too little too late. The alr's and the national leaders need to be more aggressive in rallying the troops to include gse, mx control, and trainers.

You've tried? Is that all you got? Really? C'mon man! Too little too late? Get a clue man. Stop trying to bring down AMFA it will not happen. And why in the world do YOU think the ALR's and National need to be more aggressive in rallying the gse, mx control, and trainers troops? That's NOT their jobs. They, the groups you speak of, should be very willing on their very own to join in and not be pressured by the National. Why is it always the union that is in charge of getting members involved? Absolutely not. The members should be willing to get involved on their very own, NOT pressured by anybody, period!!!

Not much interest where I am at, most could care less !

And that is why your station gets no info. because there is no interest. And most could care less. Geez...

If you are not on board with the picketing you are part of the problem.
You need permits, last o
You've tried? Is that all you got? Really? C'mon man! Too little too late? Get a clue man. Stop trying to bring down AMFA it will not happen. And why in the world do YOU think the ALR's and National need to be more aggressive in rallying the gse, mx control, and trainers troops? That's NOT their jobs. They, the groups you speak of, should be very willing on their very own to join in and not be pressured by the National. Why is it always the union that is in charge of getting members involved? Absolutely not. The members should be willing to get involved on their very own, NOT pressured by anybody, period!!!

And that is why your station gets no info. because there is no interest. And most could care less. Geez...
So because a Station feels ignored has crapshoot repsentation you feel the union should ignore the group because we can't make a difference , what a shock Pom Pom boy, I am glad you are not our Area rep, but maybe you are because our area rep has the exact same attitude you do, could care less about us, AMFA arrogance cones through loud and clear on your sucky attitudes !

You need permits, last o

So because a Station feels ignored has crapshoot repsentation you feel the union should ignore the group because we can't make a difference , what a shock Pom Pom boy, I am glad you are not our Area rep, but maybe you are because our area rep has the exact same attitude you do, could care less about us, AMFA arrogance cones through loud and clear on your sucky attitudes !
Where did you get that I said or meant the union should ignore outstations or your station? Never did I say that or imply it. What I did say and meant was it's not the union's job to pressure anyone to get involved into anything. This is no longer the old union that represents us. I do not know who your area rep is as I do not know where you are nor do I need to know here. But there are so many avenues the members can take now days to get their info. Some people really do get sick and tired of spoon feeding the troops. There are AMFA apps., text, fb, twitter, email etc to get information from our reps and leaders. It sounds to me (only going by your post and frustrations posted) that maybe you need a station visit. Like I have suggested before, why don't you contact your area rep and request one? Let him know that you and your fellow workers will need some time to answer some questions. If he cannot, or does not answer your calls, emails, or text to reply I would take the next step up the ladder and contact the local Pres. of your local, if not happy there contact the National Regional Director of your area, then on up to the top until you are satisfied.
Now sometimes I piss people off by the way I post. But, I really do feel that an effort needs to be made to contact the union to come for a meeting before just coming on the internet and slamming away about being ignored by the entire union. You are right about one thing, I am not at an outstation, and I have no idea how that is. But I do know how easy it is to contact the union and get contacted back. When I posted my last post I felt that no effort was being made to contact the union local, and or National to remedy you problems of communications and information. I simply can only make suggestions on what to do, it will be totally up to you and your fellow workers to follow thru with the suggestions. Good luck and I hope you get your answers and info requested.

BTW; Don't forget they are currently in nego's for 3 days, so some may not be able to get to you until afterwards. Also wanna let you know there is a monthly meeting this coming Tues. 22nd of Aug at Local 11 Union hall located at SWAPA headquarters. If you do have time please attend and express your concerns. This is probably the best way to have all of them there at the same time to answer anything and everything. If you cannot make it, contact the secretary for the minutes of the meeting.

Great to hear we are getting 100% support from our Pilots, F/A's as well as TWU ramp as well. Also glad to see we are doing this IP on the 5th year date. Hope this is getting put out to the media, can't wait to see the pics. How ironic, we also start our lousy 3 days per month negotiations this same day, imagine that?

Press Release: Informational Picketing to Mark the 5 Year Anniversary of the SWA AMT Contract Amendable Date
BTW guys this made some media outlets today, hopefully there will be more media coverage tomorrow with cameras and pictures...

American City Business Journals • ‎Tue‎ ‎02‎:‎15‎ ‎PM
Southwest Airlines' frustrated mechanics bring in some heavy artillery
"heavy artillery" you got to be kidding me. GK must be shaking in his boots. Is this trying to refer that the pilots an f/a would honor a AMFA strike line and not cross? Is that what you mean by 100%? The mechanics are frightened to death of a strike authorization vote let alone an actual strike. You are living in a dream world. Like I said before, you are approximately 100 years too late.

Where did you get that I said or meant the union should ignore outstations or your station? Never did I say that or imply it. What I did say and meant was it's not the union's job to pressure anyone to get involved into anything. This is no longer the old union that represents us. I do not know who your area rep is as I do not know where you are nor do I need to know here. But there are so many avenues the members can take now days to get their info. Some people really do get sick and tired of spoon feeding the troops. There are AMFA apps., text, fb, twitter, email etc to get information from our reps and leaders. It sounds to me (only going by your post and frustrations posted) that maybe you need a station visit. Like I have suggested before, why don't you contact your area rep and request one? Let him know that you and your fellow workers will need some time to answer some questions. If he cannot, or does not answer your calls, emails, or text to reply I would take the next step up the ladder and contact the local Pres. of your local, if not happy there contact the National Regional Director of your area, then on up to the top until you are satisfied.
Now sometimes I piss people off by the way I post. But, I really do feel that an effort needs to be made to contact the union to come for a meeting before just coming on the internet and slamming away about being ignored by the entire union. You are right about one thing, I am not at an outstation, and I have no idea how that is. But I do know how easy it is to contact the union and get contacted back. When I posted my last post I felt that no effort was being made to contact the union local, and or National to remedy you problems of communications and information. I simply can only make suggestions on what to do, it will be totally up to you and your fellow workers to follow thru with the suggestions. Good luck and I hope you get your answers and info requested.

BTW; Don't forget they are currently in nego's for 3 days, so some may not be able to get to you until afterwards. Also wanna let you know there is a monthly meeting this coming Tues. 22nd of Aug at Local 11 Union hall located at SWAPA headquarters. If you do have time please attend and express your concerns. This is probably the best way to have all of them there at the same time to answer anything and everything. If you cannot make it, contact the secretary for the minutes of the meeting.
I am in 4, my apologies to AMFA 11, I know who our rep is, and he doesn't do his job visiting the stations!

"heavy artillery" you got to be kidding me. GK must be shaking in his boots. Is this trying to refer that the pilots an f/a would honor a AMFA strike line and not cross? Is that what you mean by 100%? The mechanics are frightened to death of a strike authorization vote let alone an actual strike. You are living in a dream world. Like I said before, you are approximately 100 years too late.
They would not, they already have their money, and based on what the pilots got, probably got part of ours, because we waited so long, they might feel a little guilty but I doubt it, lip service as they count all their money! :)

They are not gonna support 100% or 25%. They would cross an AMFA strike line and spit in your eye while they do it. You are about a hundred years to late to even think you would get 100% support let alone 25%.
I just saw the pictures on Facebook looks like with pilots and mechanics had about 60 people in MDW don't know about PHX, but we had new signs so that was better than the last time, see how negotiations go !

You really need to get more connected and informed. You obviously do not understand the video. WHY are you guys so freakin stuck on the "strike" issue? It's not even close to an option. Pls get a clue and get informed.

Can you not contact him and request one? Why not try?
The person that is our rep of our station has requested visits fron this person, he doesn't come, so the next election we have, we will run someone else from local 4 , to replace this person who doesn't want to do his job, and then he can go back to his station and work on airplanes!

The person that is our rep of our station has requested visits fron this person, he doesn't come, so the next election we have, we will run someone else from local 4 , to replace this person who doesn't want to do his job, and then he can go back to his station and work on airplanes!
And that is what needs to be done if the membership feels he is not doing his job. With AMFA you can do that. That's the democratic part of AMFA where the "membership" has control over the union. I hope you guys can get a good person to step up and represent your local. Good luck and pls let me know how it goes.

That is exactly how I was going to suggest you try handle it if you cant get your concerns addressed.
However, I would also like to say that it must be very hard for one airline rep to cover so many different stations and still take care of negotiations. Local 4 contains ATL, BNA, BWI, MCI, MDW, MKE, PHL and STL. An airline rep would never see his family if he constantly traveled to all these stations.

Latest posts

Back