WN Mechanics seek mediation

Hobby is where SWA built their 5 gate international terminal, because of the Wright Amendment deal they can not operate international flights out of Love field, that is an important asset. That's why I say you cannot wait forever to get a contract, but the pom pom negotiating squad, says trust us, we know what we are doing. Well they don't look so smart now do they, I am glad they are not running the company!
I thought the wright amendment was over with. Did not realize SWA couldn't fly from luv field to outside the country because of the wright amendment.

I thought the wright amendment was over with. Did not realize SWA couldn't fly from luv field to outside the country because of the wright amendment.
Yes, plus it limited luv to 20 gates and no international flights, United put up a fight to keep international flights out of Houston Hobby ,because until we got it approved there had not been any international flights out of Hobby for over 30 years , once Bush airport had been built. This is a very important asset, but what would I know Hackman and Swamt are the experts on SWA, I am just a stupid mechanic !

Yes, plus it limited luv to 20 gates and no international flights, United put up a fight to keep international flights out of Houston Hobby ,because until we got it approved there had not been any international flights out of Hobby for over 30 years , once Bush airport had been built. This is a very important asset, but what would I know Hackman and Swamt are the experts on SWA, I am just a stupid mechanic !
Talk about corruption! I'm sure aa is flying international out of DFW. So why can't SWA fly international out of luv? Politics I'm sure.

SWA will be put on ice til the outcome of Federal lawsuits. Swamt think it has no bearing on negotiations conclusion! Glad he is not in charge and just Pom Pom boy. Delusional. I have said this while back and cheerleader group tends to ignore facts. Go Fund Me site pretty weak Union response for member assistance. Probably saving resources for lawsuit outcomes and litigation. Probably gonna need it. I feel for the hardworking Mx personnel. Good luck. Strap on big boots. Gonna be a while!
I'm sure the lawsuits, air21's have p'd the company off. My problem is always going to Seham. I have nothing personal against this legal group but there are a lot of labor groups besides Seham. Spread it around when needed. Why always him. Others lawyers know the RLA just as good. His video on air 21's is good knowledge but the video seems to encourage filings. Of course this is how a lawyer makes his money.

Reactions: B737 driver
I'm sure the lawsuits, air21's have p'd the company off. My problem is always going to Seham. I have nothing personal against this legal group but there are a lot of labor groups besides Seham. Spread it around when needed. Why always him. Others lawyers know the RLA just as good. His video on air 21's is good knowledge but the video seems to encourage filings. Of course this is how a lawyer makes his money.
I have said this many times, when your union refuses to entertain auditing or shopping for another law firm, you are getting kick backs from the law firm, or you are just stupid at running the union.So you tell me which it is? Seham running these Air21 lawsuit videos on AMFA web site that they posted is no different than the ambulance chasers law firms on t.v., is that even legal soliciting our members to file lawsuits against our employer?

I have said this many times, when your union refuses to entertain auditing or shopping for another law firm, you are getting kick backs from the law firm, or you are just stupid at running the union.So you tell me which it is? Seham running these Air21 lawsuit videos on AMFA web site that they posted is no different than the ambulance chasers law firms on t.v., is that even legal soliciting our members to file lawsuits against our employer?
I understand the Seham law firm has a longtime relationship with amfa. There are many other labor law firms that can be used. To me, using just the Seham group gives a bad perception. Every mechanic can file an air21 to the point they become frivolous. I like the idea in filing lawsuits that "loser pays". In my opinion these negotiations has become a "pissing match". The more lawsuits, the tougher the negotiations will be.

I understand the Seham law firm has a longtime relationship with amfa. There are many other labor law firms that can be used. To me, using just the Seham group gives a bad perception. Every mechanic can file an air21 to the point they become frivolous. I like the idea in filing lawsuits that "loser pays". In my opinion these negotiations has become a "pissing match". The more lawsuits, the tougher the negotiations will be.
The only thing that is really going to get this membership to move on wanting to change representation ; is when they wake up one day and realize that AMFA can not deliver on the bill of goods they have promised this membership !

The only thing that is really going to get this membership to move on wanting to change representation ; is when they wake up one day and realize that AMFA can not deliver on the bill of goods they have promised this membership !
This SWA mechanic group is a bit unpredictable. I couldn't believe this group took the AirTran integration deal. For that vote to happen, It took over half, the majority, to vote themselves out of seniority. I would have given odds that would never happen by itself. But it did!

This SWA mechanic group is a bit unpredictable. I couldn't believe this group took the AirTran integration deal. For that vote to happen, It took over half, the majority, to vote themselves out of seniority. I would have given odds that would never happen by itself. But it did!
Seniority integration is never fun or easy. If everyone is unhappy it was good job. There is no right or wrong way. Someone - somewhere feels they were disenfranchised. A CBA is the goal everyone can live with. The problem SWA has is lack of leadership and promises they can not fill. Seham leadership and guidance is guiding the road to pursue. Go Figure!!

Seniority integration is never fun or easy. If everyone is unhappy it was good job. There is no right or wrong way. Someone - somewhere feels they were disenfranchised. A CBA is the goal everyone can live with. The problem SWA has is lack of leadership and promises they can not fill. Seham leadership and guidance is guiding the road to pursue. Go Figure!!
Eventually, I'm sure we are going to hear, "fellas, this is the best we can do." It's coming. So, if that happens and we are presented with a dud. I think the majority, the ones that voted themselves out of seniority, will now feel the sting of amfa. Amfa days will be numbered. But then again, this work group isn't all that predictable.

As we await for the "road shows" to fire up the next info picketing is on for Sep 10th, @ Oakland International Airport. Glad to see these going thru-out the system. Keep it up guys. Anyone wanting to help show support (even other airline mechanics) call local 32 for info. Pretty sure they would love to have you and give you a shirt to walk the pickets.

Press Release: Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association to Picket Southwest Airlines at Oakland International Airport
September 6, 2017 -- Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) members of Local 32 will conduct informational picketing on Sunday, September 10, 2017, from 8 a.m. to noon at Oakland International Airport in Terminal 2 to inform the public about their continued plight for a fair contract with the Southwest Airlines (SWA). The union has been in negotiations with SWA for more than five years.
Read More...

As we await for the "road shows" to fire up the next info picketing is on for Sep 10th, @ Oakland International Airport. Glad to see these going thru-out the system. Keep it up guys. Anyone wanting to help show support (even other airline mechanics) call local 32 for info. Pretty sure they would love to have you and give you a shirt to walk the pickets.

Press Release: Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association to Picket Southwest Airlines at Oakland International Airport
September 6, 2017 -- Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) members of Local 32 will conduct informational picketing on Sunday, September 10, 2017, from 8 a.m. to noon at Oakland International Airport in Terminal 2 to inform the public about their continued plight for a fair contract with the Southwest Airlines (SWA). The union has been in negotiations with SWA for more than five years.
Read More...
I really don't think we will have road shows till after the next meeting, if we do the company will probably have theirs, who knows!

Read More...
I personally think it is in bad taste when the people in Houston are going what they are going through and now Florida about to get hit, the only thing we can do is a go fund me page, and SWA pays everyone and does a fund raiser, our union response sad !

Sure there is no right or wrong way. But there is a smart and dumb way. If I recall, we were presented with a 7 year bump with fences. Didn't fly. Then a 4 year bumb, no fences. Vote passed. That was incredible to see the SWA majority vote this in. Teamsters easily out maneuvered amfa. Then SWA unloaded the 717's with a contract that only allows a minimum of 2.75 mechs per aircraft. Overmanned is what you have now. AirTran mechs only lost 4 years. Lucky to have a job. They all received huge pay raises, more days off, etc,etc... Teamsters did a great job with the situation they were dealt. What did the amfa mechs get? Nothing, with most losing seniority. Unionism 101- never vote yourself out of seniority. Let somebody else stick the fork in your neck..

Sure there is no right or wrong way. But there is a smart and dumb way. If I recall, we were presented with a 7 year bump with fences. Didn't fly. Then a 4 year bumb, no fences. Vote passed. That was incredible to see the SWA majority vote this in. Teamsters easily out maneuvered amfa. Then SWA unloaded the 717's with a contract that only allows a minimum of 2.75 mechs per aircraft. Overmanned is what you have now. AirTran mechs only lost 4 years. Lucky to have a job. They all received huge pay raises, more days off, etc,etc... Teamsters did a great job with the situation they were dealt. What did the amfa mechs get? Nothing, with most losing seniority. Unionism 101- never vote yourself out of seniority. Let somebody else stick the fork in your neck..
I was just on the American board telling them AMFA is not the great white horse, crows foot shows up telling me to back my union, I haven't heard from him in two months, pom poms boys refuse to argue with logic !