Would You Support an AMFA Card Drive?

Would you support with all your effort an AMFA Organizing Campaign at AA?

• YES

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • NO

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters
More than just sign a card I hope?
yeah, at the brady, helped brand dogs, at every meeting at the hall off the service road, fliers at the gate, pissed off management at every turn about our monthly dog lunches that they shut down, got as many cards signed that I could ect ect

yeah, at the brady, helped brand dogs, at every meeting at the hall off the service road, fliers at the gate, pissed off management at every turn about our monthly dog lunches that they shut down, got as many cards signed that I could ect ect

You are a fine man then and I enjoyed being involved with you during the most entertaining times. Have you seen that TWU Coffin of late?

Borrowed for today.

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!

WHEN I was growing up my mom made hot cross buns for Good Friday breakfast. They reminded us that this was a special day.

It was the day Jesus Christ was publicly executed by crucifixion. We were taught to see Good Friday as a time to reflect and think about this action.

The question often went through my head as to why Jesus was executed as a criminal? After all didn't Jesus spend his life caring for the poor, the sick and seeking a more just way for humanity to live?

I'm still working on the answers. But in part it seems that Jesus was executed because of the vested interests in the state, government and religion of his time that in keeping certain groups marginalised and discriminated against.

My mom used to say that anything really worth while changing always costs. And sometimes that means people's lives. It seems it was that way for Jesus.

My mom also said that Jesus came to show us God's love. That God wanted an end to the things that de-humanise people, because God made us to be like God-self – and that there is something of God in every one, and it needs to be honoured in everyone.

I still wait until Good Friday to eat hot cross buns – and I reflect that day on how I have lived and encouraged others to live more justly.

On Easter day we always had boiled eggs for breakfast. We used to decorate the shells with coloured crayons or paints. After breakfast we opened our chocolate Easter eggs. Chocolate was in short supply when I grew up, so it was special too.

My mom said we had decorated eggs to celebrate the fact that Jesus had risen from the dead, that this was something to be joyful about. She said we had chocolate eggs because eggs symbolised new life and chocolate was sweet. The news of Jesus being raised by God from the dead was sweet good news. We could follow Jesus whatever happened to us, because God would raise us too.

Mom also said, you didn't have to actually die to be raised again. You could sort of 'die' to thinking acting and behaving in ways that de-valued, and de-humanised others.

That you could stand up for the downtrodden, care for the poor, and challenge injustice, wherever you saw it happening.

Mom said you will often face defeat and disappointment, and want to give up. But she also said that the risen Jesus was beside you, within you, to 'raise you up' again and give you courage to keep on keeping on. Mom said it was like having the Spirit of Jesus in you. You can always ask for it, she said.

So hot cross buns and Easter eggs remind me each year that there is a lot to do to change our world, but Jesus said God seems to want it, and Jesus invites us through these symbols, to want it too. Happy Easter

Latest posts