Would You Support an AMFA Card Drive?

Would you support with all your effort an AMFA Organizing Campaign at AA?

• YES

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • NO

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters
I have now made my decision regarding involvement in an AMFA Card Drive.

I will decline at this time.
What a shocker! I guess there is a reason that you are still known here as a ....

waffle1.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Informer and I met face to face yesterday and, although we did not settle our dispute, tempers did not flare and we each told the other what we thought of them. The only thing we can agree on is that we don't like each other. I will stay out of his way and, hopefully, he will stay out of mine. But the important thing is that we can disagree with each other and that's ok. The problem is that just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn't make them an idiot or stupid or less than human. Even though I do not like the man, he is entitled to his own opinion. Bringing my personal dispute to this forum was not the right thing to do. I will try not to do this again. But this forum has digressed over time to where insults and personal attacks are the norm. Is it not bad enough that we are slowly losing our way of life and it is being taken by a bunch of millionaires who sit in their palace in Dallas? (Hey that rhymes) Other millionaires in New York (Millions made from us) tell us that we need to lower our expectations. We are in a fight for our very lives and our time would be better spent coming up with ideas that could help our cause and not belittling most every post. Line guys are not the enemy of Overhaul and Overhaul is not the enemy of line. We have different responsibilities and different needs. There are no cookie cutter solutions. Each has needs different from the other. Our International doesn’t realize or care about that. What do we have to lose by going with another representative? So please be civil to one another in your posts and also accept my apology for bringing all of you into a dispute that should have been handled off of this board. Keep the ideas coming. Also try to keep your sense of humor as it can do wonders. Thanks to all of you that supported me. I will try not to let you down.

Reactions: 2 people
Informer and I met face to face yesterday and, although we did not settle our dispute, tempers did not flare and we each told the other what we thought of them. The only thing we can agree on is that we don't like each other. I will stay out of his way and, hopefully, he will stay out of mine. But the important thing is that we can disagree with each other and that's ok. The problem is that just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn't make them an idiot or stupid or less than human. Even though I do not like the man, he is entitled to his own opinion. Bringing my personal dispute to this forum was not the right thing to do. I will try not to do this again. But this forum has digressed over time to where insults and personal attacks are the norm. Is it not bad enough that we are slowly losing our way of life and it is being taken by a bunch of millionaires who sit in their palace in Dallas? (Hey that rhymes) Other millionaires in New York (Millions made from us) tell us that we need to lower our expectations. We are in a fight for our very lives and our time would be better spent coming up with ideas that could help our cause and not belittling most every post. Line guys are not the enemy of Overhaul and Overhaul is not the enemy of line. We have different responsibilities and different needs. There are no cookie cutter solutions. Each has needs different from the other. Our International doesn’t realize or care about that. What do we have to lose by going with another representative? So please be civil to one another in your posts and also accept my apology for bringing all of you into a dispute that should have been handled off of this board. Keep the ideas coming. Also try to keep your sense of humor as it can do wonders. Thanks to all of you that supported me. I will try not to let you down.

Well said,buddy. Maybe you just had a senior moment?! ha! Welcome back.

To be more specific, after being called a coward amongst other things by OldGuy I went to his shop looking for him. I am not afraid of him physically, but do believe he would get someone fired if given the chance. Anyway I Found him with his feet propped up reading a book during work hours. Yes we had a conversation, yes we fail to agree on many things.

He was proudly wearing his TWU shirt when I found him by the way. Said he doesn't support AMFA but does support AMP but wears TWU garb to work. My first thoughts upon finding him were simply W-T-F!

He among others have believed for years that the act of signing a card authorizing a representational election is sufficient to call "support" in the quest for a union change. No financial support, No Duty time support, not even distribution at the turnstiles once gained via Lawsuit. No organizers meetings. Nothing! Not even buying an AMP or AMFA which are fund raisers for the campaign.

Meanwhile, I told him about spending $17,000.00 of my own funds and five years of my vacation and free time, myself and 6 others filed/sued (AA) our employer with AMFA legal backing for the right to distribute union literature and failure to remain neutral. I was subjected to a deposition being accused of causing a job action in New York and California. Had to hand over my e-mails and internet postings to AA Lwayers for at least a 6 month period. I went through the TWU Kangaroo Court System and was placed in "bad Standing" for three years. I was denied the right to run for Local President because the by-laws disallowed running for union office for five years from last dual unionism.

Yes I have not much patience when some attacks me personally about my involvement or potential involvement in an AMFA organizing effort. And even more so from someone who does nothing more than a sign a card and calls that sufficient. And when someone like him calls me the problem, by blood pressure rises and the emotion of anger sometimes over rides my passion to do the right thing.

Maybe someday OldGuy will actually stand up and do more than just sign a card for AMP, AMFA, or any other union. Maybe he will then see what it is really like trying to make change by actions rather than words. But as long as I see him wearing TWU logos reading books on company time, while pissing and moaning about the TWU, I will never have any respect for him.

Just Sayin
Thanks to all of those that have done much more than sign a card!!!
That effort is the only reason we were able to file for an election in 2003.

Then to top that someone from a Line Station that has never ran an organizing effort on the Tulsa Base wants to call me a waffle. Whatever! Any of you that don't like me can now start a drive yourself as I am not interested at this time. I suspect OldGuy will never do that. I suspect the line guy will never transfer to Tulsa and take the effort on himself and show us how it is done. But they sure can complain about someone else trying or even considering the idea. No wonder we are struggling to succeed. One thing you can all be sure of, I will not change my direction because you call me names or degrade my skill. You are not that powerful and your opinions carry little weight. I am getting to old to care enough anymore, and that is the basis for me staying on the sideline. If I cannot generate the passion within myself to sustain I will never start to begin with. Unfortunately I cannot muster that kind of passion within my heart anymore. I can get passionate for a day or two, then I melt back to not caring. It takes more than what I currently have to take on an organzing drive in Tulsa and succeed. So I am honest enough with even myself not to start something I am not sure I will finish. Sorry.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow, so much for hoping to leave personal things off the web. I will not go there so I suggest you find another target of your insults and harrassment.

Wow, so much for hoping to leave personal things off the web. I will not go there so I suggest you find another target of your insults and harrassment.

Why is it that you call the truth when posted insults and harassment? You posted first here about our "face to face" so that makes it no longer personal.

Just because the truth does not put you in favorable light here doesn't mean that you have been insulted or harassed!

Simply take the post below and explain what part of it you find incorrect and dispute it.

You sugar coated how our conversation went, and that is likely because once again we view things difererently once again.

You asked me to get on my fat ass and ride my bicycle your way. So I did, and below is my version of what happened during that trip to see you.

MY POST AGAIN

To be more specific, after being called a coward amongst other things by OldGuy I went to his shop looking for him. I am not afraid of him physically, but do believe he would get someone fired if given the chance. Anyway I Found him with his feet propped up reading a book during work hours. Yes we had a conversation, yes we fail to agree on many things.

He was proudly wearing his TWU shirt when I found him by the way. Said he doesn't support AMFA but does support AMP but wears TWU garb to work. My first thoughts upon finding him were simply W-T-F!

He among others have believed for years that the act of signing a card authorizing a representational election is sufficient to call "support" in the quest for a union change. No financial support, No Duty time support, not even distribution at the turnstiles once gained via Lawsuit. No organizers meetings. Nothing! Not even buying an AMP or AMFA which are fund raisers for the campaign.

Meanwhile, I told him about spending $17,000.00 of my own funds and five years of my vacation and free time, myself and 6 others filed/sued (AA) our employer with AMFA legal backing for the right to distribute union literature and failure to remain neutral. I was subjected to a deposition being accused of causing a job action in New York and California. Had to hand over my e-mails and internet postings to AA Lwayers for at least a 6 month period. I went through the TWU Kangaroo Court System and was placed in "bad Standing" for three years. I was denied the right to run for Local President because the by-laws disallowed running for union office for five years from last dual unionism.

Yes I have not much patience when some attacks me personally about my involvement or potential involvement in an AMFA organizing effort. And even more so from someone who does nothing more than a sign a card and calls that sufficient. And when someone like him calls me the problem, by blood pressure rises and the emotion of anger sometimes over rides my passion to do the right thing.

Maybe someday OldGuy will actually stand up and do more than just sign a card for AMP, AMFA, or any other union. Maybe he will then see what it is really like trying to make change by actions rather than words. But as long as I see him wearing TWU logos reading books on company time, while pissing and moaning about the TWU, I will never have any respect for him.

Just Sayin
Thanks to all of those that have done much more than sign a card!!!
That effort is the only reason we were able to file for an election in 2003.

Then to top that someone from a Line Station that has never ran an organizing effort on the Tulsa Base wants to call me a waffle. Whatever! Any of you that don't like me can now start a drive yourself as I am not interested at this time. I suspect OldGuy will never do that. I suspect the line guy will never transfer to Tulsa and take the effort on himself and show us how it is done. But they sure can complain about someone else trying or even considering the idea. No wonder we are struggling to succeed. One thing you can all be sure of, I will not change my direction because you call me names or degrade my skill. You are not that powerful and your opinions carry little weight. I am getting to old to care enough anymore, and that is the basis for me staying on the sideline. If I cannot generate the passion within myself to sustain I will never start to begin with. Unfortunately I cannot muster that kind of passion within my heart anymore. I can get passionate for a day or two, then I melt back to not caring. It takes more than what I currently have to take on an organzing drive in Tulsa and succeed. So I am honest enough with even myself not to start something I am not sure I will finish. Sorry.

can we sell tickets to 2 50+ guys duking it out that might be intertaining. really guys come on grow up if you differ in opinions just dont talk I cant stand some peoples thoughts at work but I just keep my mouth shut its the easiest way

can we sell tickets to 2 50+ guys duking it out that might be intertaining. really guys come on grow up if you differ in opinions just dont talk I cant stand some peoples thoughts at work but I just keep my mouth shut its the easiest way

"Duking it Out" IS what TWU Union Officers do in the Local 514 Parking Lot.
I am interested in change not more of the same.

What about YOU?
Can you stand up and lead a card drive in Tulsa?

"Duking it Out" IS what TWU Union Officers do in the Local 514 Parking Lot.
I am interested in change not more of the same.

What about YOU?
Can you stand up and lead a card drive in Tulsa?
No im no leader but I did follow you last time, and I was just trying to add some humor to get you guys to lighteen up

No im no leader but I did follow you last time, and I was just trying to add some humor to get you guys to lighteen up

More than just sign a card I hope? He asked me to get my fat ass on the bike and come to his area, so I did.

Latest posts