Would You Support an AMFA Card Drive?

Would you support with all your effort an AMFA Organizing Campaign at AA?

• YES

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • NO

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters
Help me understand. You really do present some sound discussion on the topic of the thread of which I tried to be civil and thank you for in a previous post.I also believe this is a path we need to pursue. But it's obvious that your attitude of Line makes you out as a nutjob! Your passing judgement on a few comments that have gotten under your skin and don't even know who's posting.Look, your willing to take a role in fixing the damage that our Craft has incurred, yet twice now your indicating that when you can't control the discussion to your satisfaction, your going to 'take my ball and go home '.Your right that a majority in TUL needs to wake up and engage .The one fault I've noticed in my involvement in the card drives is too many sit back and want to be spoon-fed everything. We need strategies to get folks to make an effort. Either follow through on your efforts or get out of the way. Debate is good but to squabble over a Line vs Ovrhaul issue sets us back .Maintenance and Related! Mechanics representing Mechanics!

You can read back through these forums and find that I am not the fire starter or a flame thrower on the dreaded Overhaul vs Line debate. I was actually more disturbed that Tulsa based AMT's troll and agitate the situation by posting questions designed to accomplish nothing but make the division worse. Similar to your comment about welders. you think we don't know line welders are A&P's? Buck in particular is not helping us but instead thowing eggs from the peanut gallery. He is entitled to do so but in my opinion this is wrong and angers and disgust me more than those he is hitting with the eggs.

And my comment about the line awaiting word from Tulsa is simple.

There are many who once their card is signed, feel their obligation to an organizing campaign is complete and getting more than that from them is impossible.

There is no need in the line AMT's running over themselves to get cards signed until Tulsa has reached a designated card count. The need for financial support and reconciliation of our issues is far more important than showing us how easy any station can get cards signed.

My advice would be to NOT sign cards at the line until Tulsa proves they can reach the required percentage to get the election. WE all know the line supports change. We all know cards are easy to get signed there. What we need is their financial and moral support to succeed instead of cheerleading, infighting, and cards signed counts.

AMFA had two chances to get in here and didn't get it done. (I signed cards both times) We are in the midst of another organization (AMP) drive so pushing an AMFA drive would only benefit the TWU.

AMFA had two chances to get in here and didn't get it done. (I signed cards both times) We are in the midst of another organization (AMP) drive so pushing an AMFA drive would only benefit the TWU.
Really? Nobody would know there's a card drive going on....

You have not the slightest idea what it takes or how to succeed in an organizing effort.

You are one of those that signs a paper card and thinks that is enough to get it done.
YOU ARE WRONG! AGAIN!

Never have I seen you contribute financially or attend any organizers meeting, but I have seen you throw wrenches and negative overtures at those willing to do whatever it takes! You are just as much part of the problem as part of any solution. I have heard you talk bad about non-licensed skill employees. you have even told potential card signers of your hatred for their craft and skill. How is that working for you? Do you feel better inside? Because it sure has not accomplished a damn thing.

You are what I call a perpetual complainer about what others do to get rid of the TWU. Yet, all you do is verbalaize your disgust for both the current union and those that are willing to sacrifice time, money, and anything else it takes to get the TWU off the property. And then you come here to tells your impressive opinions again about what will or will not work? What do you base that opinion on? Emotion only! Because I know it is not experience or anything more than a feeling.

As you say I troll. But you do not? But you sure can be an a.**. I learned everything I know about the TWU and the way they operate from you. Yes I propagate the OH /Line debate , but I didn't start it. You have a technique of being friendly with posters and within a day or so you attack them to. You have changed.for the worse and I would hope that you are ok and her some help with your temper and attitude.

As you say I troll. But you do not? But you sure can be an a.**. I learned everything I know about the TWU and the way they operate from you. Yes I propagate the OH /Line debate , but I didn't start it. You have a technique of being friendly with posters and within a day or so you attack them to. You have changed.for the worse and I would hope that you are ok and her some help with your temper and attitude.

I have no time to argue with you. Carry on, but please think about what you are really accomplishing by your postings rather than emotional outburst. You have already admitted you have suffered serious changes in your life, health, and mental status. Please refrain from blaming me or anyone else for that Buck, because if I could change that for you I would in a heart beat and you know that to be fact. Maybe your issues have changed you and yet you perceive everyone else around you has changed. Ever think about that possibility? I am sorry for what you are going through, but I honestly had nothing to do with that.

You have not the slightest idea what it takes or how to succeed in an organizing effort.

You are one of those that signs a paper card and thinks that is enough to get it done.
YOU ARE WRONG! AGAIN!

Never have I seen you contribute financially or attend any organizers meeting, but I have seen you throw wrenches and negative overtures at those willing to do whatever it takes! You are just as much part of the problem as part of any solution. I have heard you talk bad about non-licensed skill employees. you have even told potential card signers of your hatred for their craft and skill. How is that working for you? Do you feel better inside? Because it sure has not accomplished a damn thing.

You are what I call a perpetual complainer about what others do to get rid of the TWU. Yet, all you do is verbalaize your disgust for both the current union and those that are willing to sacrifice time, money, and anything else it takes to get the TWU off the property. And then you come here to tells how will or will not work? What do you base that opinion on? Emotion only! Because I know it is not experience or anything more than a feeling.

Hey brother, OldGuy didn't state anything that's not true. The BK and a decision will need to be made on whether to pursue AMP is why I alluded to "waiting til the dust settles " opinion. But I would caution you once again on the issue of credibility. You can't criticize folks for ranting and not adding something of substance to the topic and then you do the very same. Get your emotions in check or your cohorts won't be following you anywhere. (plus I'm a fan of his after the crazy xmas poem)

Hey brother, OldGuy didn't state anything that's not true. The BK and a decision will need to be made on whether to pursue AMP is why I alluded to "waiting til the dust settles " opinion. But I would caution you once again on the issue of credibility. You can't criticize folks for ranting and not adding something of substance to the topic and then you do the very same. Get your emotions in check or your cohorts won't be following you anywhere. (plus I'm a fan of his after the crazy xmas poem)

Feel free to follow OldGuy to the promised land you seek. I happen to not favor AMP. And for solid reasons as far as I am concerned. Excuse me for having that opinion and lack of faith in that movement ever succeeding. What has OldGuy contributed to the movement you support, or anything that will change our current demise, beyond a signed card and complaining about those that want something different?

How is that poem working for you in your quest to change our negative direction? Nothing more than a childish example of what is wrong with our profession.

I have no time to argue with you. Carry on, but please think about what you are really accomplishing by your postings rather than emotional outburst. You have already admitted you have suffered serious changes in your life, health, and mental status. Please refrain from blaming me or anyone else for that Buck, because if I couldn't change that for you I would in a heart beat and you know that to be fact. Maybe your issues have changed you and yet you perceive everyone else around you has changed. Ever think about that possibility? I am sorry for what you are going through, but I honestly had nothing to do with that.
No I have changed but so have you and you are being an a**. Yes it is nane calling and you are the expert. .I am not blaming you or anyone else It is your attitude on this board, no onecan have an opinion or make a statement that you do not like without you blasting or badgering them. No one says you have to argue with me but you do have the ignore function.

Feel free to follow OldGuy to the promised land you seek. I happen to not favor AMP. And for solid reasons as far as I am concerned. Excuse me for having that opinion and lack of faith in that movement ever succeeding. What has OldGuy contributed to the movement you support, or anything that will change our current demise, beyond a signed card and complaining about those that want something different?

How is that poem working for you in your quest to change our negative direction? Nothing more than a childish example of what is wrong with our profession.

A sense of humor can carry you far through the muck of nonsense! If you've lost yours I'd suggest you go find it. :)

I have now made my decision regarding involvement in an AMFA Card Drive.

I will decline at this time.

I am not the guy that is needed to get it done, because there is few real union men on the Tulsa base, and more that cannot handle being told the truth. Instead they are like children needing new wave coddling and being told what they want to hear.

Someone else will have to step up and take the reigns. I will do my part if it starts, but count me out as the face of the drive or the leader. I have better things to do with my life than spend the next year or more trying to defend the personal bashing because I have no license, or because I say what it is on my mind, or because the truth hurts inviduals feelings.

Surely one of the loud mouth bashing experts here or on the base will now take the lead themselves and show us all how it is really done. I would ove to learn from the real pros.

I want to thank those that still expressed support and confidence in my desires, but none the less, I am out.

Once the dust settles
Once people believe in making a difference
Once the TWU shafts everyone so bad it is too late.
Once the mouths stops jabbering and decide to take action.
Once the Line and Overhaul call a truce in their fight against one another

It will then be too late, but everyone will then be ready.

So sad! But once again the truth nobody wants to hear.

AMP, AMFA, what's the difference?

TWU has many faults, but they are also the ones closest to reaching an agreement with the company before it tears our contract up into itty bitty pieces. The last thing we need right now is a more militant union. We have no leverage!

TWU has many faults, but they are also the ones closest to reaching an agreement with the company before it tears our contract up into itty bitty pieces. The last thing we need right now is a more militant union. We have no leverage!
RFLMAO!!!!

PUKE

I have now made my decision regarding involvement in an AMFA Card Drive.

I will decline at this time.

I am not the guy that is needed to get it done, because there is few real union men on the Tulsa base, and more that cannot handle being told the truth. Instead they are like children needing new wave coddling and being told what they want to hear.

Someone else will have to step up and take the reigns. I will do my part if it starts, but count me out as the face of the drive or the leader. I have better things to do with my life than spend the next year or more trying to defend the personal bashing because I have no license, or because I say what it is on my mind, or because the truth hurts inviduals feelings.

Surely one of the loud mouth bashing experts here or on the base will now take the lead themselves and show us all how it is really done. I would ove to learn from the real pros.

I want to thank those that still expressed support and confidence in my desires, but none the less, I am out.

Once the dust settles
Once people believe in making a difference
Once the TWU shafts everyone so bad it is too late.
Once the mouths stops jabbering and decide to take action.
Once the Line and Overhaul call a truce in their fight against one another

It will then be too late, but everyone will then be ready.

So sad! But once again the truth nobody wants to hear.
The same people that ran for the busses going to Texas would be the ones voting on different representation. I certainly understand why you wouldn't waste the time as nothing would change except who gets the dues.

Latest posts