Ya Gotta Love 'em

Your_Ex-Wife

Feb 5, 2004
AMFA has allowed so much of NWA's work to go to 3rd party labor I hear they are now going after representation at TIMCO..ya gotta love 'em

Your_Ex-Wife said:
AMFA has allowed so much of NWA's work to go to 3rd party labor I hear they are now going after representation at TIMCO..ya gotta love 'em
Sure why not? Thats part of the plan-all mechanics in one union.

Tell me do you think that the TWUs recent success at organizing the dealers at Las Vegas strengthens our bagaining position in the airlines or just adds another source of dues for the International? How about them School bus drivers in Alabama or those third party baggage handlers working for Worldwide at JFK, I bet that you figure they really give us a lot of leverage and we can really count on them to recognize how important our issues are as they collect their topped out TWU negotiated $10/hr.

Your_Ex-Wife said:
That would be any different than the twu representing Eagle who is taking our work.

AMFAMAN said:
That would be any different than the twu representing Eagle who is taking our work.
Or Worldwide and Ogden? Where they make a fraction of what their AA counterparts do under their TWU negotiated contracts.

Remember the average TWU member earns $15/hr. So how much attention or resourses will the TWU committ to serving us?

The entire ATD does not even have a budget.

Although I thought the twu already represented them, they are organizing Globe, the ones who took over the cabin cleaning.

Your_Ex-Wife said:
To put into perspective, how was the IAM serving their membership when they insisted that they would open (reopen) the IMC with their ‘own’ (membership supported?) 3rd party maintenance to compete with the jobs that they lost from UAL?

How is it possible to ‘scab’ your own work and still call yourself a union?

As all of this rhetoric (as that is all it was) occurred during the AMFA/IAM vote was paramount in their election ‘to save jobs’ (albeit it is scabbing their work that they lost at UAL) why was this venture dropped? (or was it a ruse all along?)

Considering the record of the IAM, I go with ‘ruse/lie’.
Dissenting arguments are appreciated.

:shock: UT

UAL_TECH said:
To put into perspective, how was the IAM serving their membership when they insisted that they would open (reopen) the IMC with their ‘own’ (membership supported?) 3rd party maintenance to compete with the jobs that they lost from UAL?

How is it possible to ‘scab’ your own work and still call yourself a union?

As all of this rhetoric (as that is all it was) occurred during the AMFA/IAM vote was paramount in their election ‘to save jobs’ (albeit it is scabbing their work that they lost at UAL) why was this venture dropped? (or was it a ruse all along?)

Considering the record of the IAM, I go with ‘ruse/lie’.
Dissenting arguments are appreciated.

:shock: UT
Didnt the IAM reprent Hudson General, the contractor that was servicing EAL planes while the EAL IAM represented workers were on strike?

See how great Industrial Unionism is. Above all else keep them dues flowing!

will fix for food said:
And how is that?
I realize that you are with Eagle and you do not like my comment, but it is factual that Eagle has been and continues to take routes from mainline AA. Now we can argue for years about profitability and such forth but I am looking at one thing, Eagles growth vs AA stagnant fleet size. ASM's for Eagle continues to grow while AA decreases or is flat. With that said, Eagle workers should begin to concern themselves with American Connections growth. Do you guys have any language to protect you from AA Connection taking over your routes, because you might need it? :D

your ex wife:

I have not heard you make reference that the TWU allows third party cabin service.

I would like to hear your opinion on that.

"I realize that you are with Eagle and you do not like my comment, but it is factual that Eagle has been and continues to take routes from mainline AA."
True...mostly. There have been a few routes that Eagle started and built up that were then taken over by mainline. Does that mean that American is taking my work?

"Now we can argue for years about profitability and such forth but I am looking at one thing, Eagles growth vs AA stagnant fleet size. ASM's for Eagle continues to grow while AA decreases or is flat."
As it has been since Eagle first existed. As passenger loads fall off mainline is replaced by Eagle and as they increase routes go back to mainline again. This is now the second or third cycle of this that I have seen since I started, although this one is a bit more extreme. I attribute that to a more extreme pax drop-off and better performing planes in Eagle's inventory than they used to have. This phenomenon can easily be observed just by tracking gate use. Good economic times, American takes over Eagle gates, bad times, Eagle takes American gates.

"With that said, Eagle workers should begin to concern themselves with American Connections growth. Do you guys have any language to protect you from AA Connection taking over your routes, because you might need it? :D"
In the mechanic's contract? No. And frankly I haven't heard one mechanic express any concern over it. It appears that everyone is content to let the pilot's contract language take care of that. Most people are just concerned with money.

will fix for food said:
"With that said, Eagle workers should begin to concern themselves with American Connections growth. Do you guys have any language to protect you from AA Connection taking over your routes, because you might need it? :D"
In the mechanic's contract? No. And frankly I haven't heard one mechanic express any concern over it. It appears that everyone is content to let the pilot's contract language take care of that. Most people are just concerned with money.
That is what the twu has done for us on the mainline by relying on the pilots for scope. Not a good idea, your in negotiations right now, why not make a suggestion to protect your work from the AA Connections. Hell, why not protect it from AA mainline, might help you if they ever spin you off like it has been said many times.

As far as the rest of your comments, we can argue for days, months, and years about that and get no where. It is a fact that Eagle is no longer a regional carrier, in fact it is considered a major by many. It is a fact that Eagle continues to grow while AA shrinks.

Back