You've Got To Be Kidding!

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
Lets see, a full time res agent with 5 years sen. gets 20K for a buy out, and a 27 year CSA, who is now part time, due to no fault of thier own, gets 7.5k for a buy out. Sounds really fair to me. Thanks CWA, FOR NOTHING !!!!!!! It's looking Like a big NO vote from this end.

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
Lets see, a full time res agent with 5 years sen. gets 20K for a buy out, and a 27 year CSA, who is now part time, due to no fault of thier own, gets 7.5k for a buy out. Sounds really fair to me. Thanks CWA, FOR NOTHING !!!!!!! It's looking Like a big NO vote from this end.
[post="227107"][/post]​

I think you misunderstood. A five year res agent doesn't get 20K, that is for agents with 15 years or more seniority, not 5 yrs. But I understand why you are upset if you were pushed back to part time and then your buy out is based on part time status. That is NOT faiir, have you tried to e-mail the CWA and lodge the complaint?

I posted this yesterday, but I guess the board went down before it got posted. This might apply to those who are involuntarily downgraded at this time. I would call CWA and check it out before deciding.

Don’t leave your money on the table...
8/20/04
CWA recently won an arbitration, awarding lost furlough benefits to employees who were full-time, displaced to part-time and subsequently furloughed to the street within six months of the original displacement.
Affected CWA passenger service workers, in this case, were treated as though they were part-time and lost as much as five weeks of furlough allowance and up to 125 days of medical/dental/life insurance. The Company’s wrongful application of the CWA contract extends from December 13, 1999 through the present date.
If you or if you know of a co-worker who has been affected by the above situation, please contact your CWA Local immediately to investigate your claim. Lost income and/or reimbursement for certain insurance expenses may be available for you or a co-worker.

4merresrat said:
I think you misunderstood. A five year res agent doesn't get 20K, that is for agents with 15 years or more seniority, not 5 yrs. But I understand why you are upset if you were pushed back to part time and then your buy out is based on part time status. That is NOT faiir, have you tried to e-mail the CWA and lodge the complaint?
[post="227126"][/post]​
Actually I have been told that this is correct. Reread page 9 of the TA, 4th bullet:

Reservations, DMSC, and BCC empoyees who accept EO will be entitled to the maximum EO provisions described herein plus an additional bonus of $5000 ($2500 for Part Time employees) and will be offered out placement assisatance by the Company.

Still can't believe it.

FLYUSAIRWAYS is correct.

A full time CSA with 30 years will get $15,000 and a Res Agent with 5 years will get $20,000. Seems fair to me. :rolleyes:

I can't believe this TA was put out for a vote.

On CWA.net website there is a summary of major changes posted....more in laymans terms than the copy of the TA.

It states.....

"The maximum of $15,000 and an additional bonus of $5,000 will apply to anyone with 5 years or more taking this option that works in Reservatins, DMSC, or BCC.
Reservations, DMSC and BCC will be given 12 months of medical and lifetime travel pass benefits with 5 years or more of service due to the allowance of outsourcing."

I attended a CWA meeting last night and it was clear that these three departments will be entirely outsourced at some point. That is the reason for the bonus for these groups. The company is not planning on outsourcing ATO staff.

If you take the early out and are under the age of 55, with less than 25 years of service, your travel pass benefits are on USAirways only, and are subject to the current under age 55 retiree service charge program.

While this may not seem fair to some people, it is clear that these three groups are being compensated, in advance, of having their jobs outsourced.

livingontheedge said:
On CWA.net website there is a summary of major changes posted....more in laymans terms than the copy of the TA.

It states.....

"The maximum of $15,000 and an additional bonus of $5,000 will apply to anyone with 5 years or more taking this option that works in Reservatins, DMSC, or BCC.
Reservations, DMSC and BCC will be given 12 months of medical and lifetime travel pass benefits with 5 years or more of service due to the allowance of outsourcing."

I attended a CWA meeting last night and it was clear that these three departments will be entirely outsourced at some point. That is the reason for the bonus for these groups. The company is not planning on outsourcing ATO staff.

If you take the early out and are under the age of 55, with less than 25 years of service, your travel pass benefits are on USAirways only, and are subject to the current under age 55 retiree service charge program.

While this may not seem fair to some people, it is clear that these three groups are being compensated, in advance, of having their jobs outsourced.
[post="227206"][/post]​
Outsource some res, not all and add the no furlough clause.

livingontheedge said:

[post="227206"][/post]​

This is one of the "gray areas" that needs to be addressed before everyone votes. It stated Lifetime Pass Benefits, but of course doesnt state that they are "service charge" based. Where is the explicit wording that they are service charge based? (Not doubting you, just thinking that it should be spelled out in the contract what type of passes they are and what code you will travel under) Some of these tickets I've issued are MORE expensive or close to just buying a ticket. That part of the agreement sucks. IMO it should have been online free or a one time service charge for the year ie $100. If you take this and plan on traveling a lot, it can add up quickly and isnt that great a deal.

USAirUnited,

Yes, there is a no furlough clause.........however it is no furlough to the street, which is a horse of a different color. Also don't forget about the Eject clause, which can be activated June 2005.

Everyone should attend an informational meeting with their local union office, or call their local union office. I was steadfast no, no, no after reading the TA. After attending the meeting, I am now yes. I am speaking as a res employee, and we will be gone before the end of this proposed contract. I have 10 years with the company and I would rather leave now with something in hand, then wait for a few years at a 24% paycut, with horrible benefits and then receive nothing.

This is a very personal decision for all of us, and everyone must make the best decision for their own personal situation. Please be informed and then decide.

By the way, the funding for the early out is coming from a creditor, GE.

D M G said:
FLYUSAIRWAYS is correct.

A full time CSA with 30 years will get $15,000 and a Res Agent with 5 years will get $20,000. Seems fair to me. :rolleyes:

I can't believe this TA was put out for a vote.
[post="227167"][/post]​
Wrong.....some folks need to reread the chart more carefully under the TA.....a res agt with 5-9 yrs gets 5K plus 5K bonus, that's 10K total, not 20K..
agt with 10-14 yrs gets 10K plus 5K bonus...etc etc......part time gets 1/2 plus 5K bonus.....
http://www.cwa.net/PDFs/TentativeAgreement.pdf

severednhappy,

Please see my previous post quoting the summary of proposed contract changes that is posted on CWA.net.

I am a ten year res agent, and I will receive 15,000 plus 5,000 bonus, 12 months of medical, and lifetime travel benefits.

This is for res, DMSC, and BCC, all due to the allowance of outsourcing.

Severed-N-Happy said:
Wrong.....some folks need to reread the chart more carefully under the TA.....a res agt with 5-9 yrs gets 5K plus 5K bonus, that's 10K total, not 20K..
agt with 10-14 yrs gets 10K plus 5K bonus...etc etc......part time gets 1/2 plus 5K bonus.....
http://www.cwa.net/PDFs/TentativeAgreement.pdf
[post="227220"][/post]​

This just may change my vote!!! I am a 6 yr agent and I thought I was going to get 10k and 5 years flying... Seems like its 20k and lifetime. Its a yes vote for me!