You've Got To Be Kidding!

livingontheedge said:
severednhappy,

Please see my previous post quoting the summary of proposed contract changes that is posted on CWA.net.

I am a ten year res agent, and I will receive 15,000 plus 5,000 bonus, 12 months of medical, and lifetime travel benefits.

This is for res, DMSC, and BCC, all due to the allowance of outsourcing.
[post="227221"][/post]​

Edit:SCRATCH THIS>>>You are still reading it incorrectly,altho admittedly that statement about maximum benefit is slightly misleading the way it is worded, it is not meant to imply anyone with just 5 yrs gets the maximum payout. The chart for payout is on the link I posted above and clearly delineates who gets what based on years of svc,,,you personally with 10 yrs. would get 10K plus 5K.<<

Revised>>You are correct, the wording is slightly misleading but in RES's favor. Verified by Union prez that all RES entitled to max benefit of 15 K who have 5 yrs or more svc.
S and H.

RumorS said:
This just may change my vote!!! I am a 6 yr agent and I thought I was going to get 10k and 5 years flying... Seems like its 20k and lifetime. Its a yes vote for me!
[post="227226"][/post]​
You were correct with your 1st assumption,,5K for 6 yrs.. plus 5 K.. total 10K.. plus 5 yrs flying..and 4 mos health.

http://www.cwa.net/PDFs/TentativeAgreement.pdf.
and read page 8 of the pdf file.

Severed-N-Happy said:
Sorry you're right, I checked with union rep and he said res is totally different,the scales are for those other than res.APOLOGIES, AND I SAY TAKE IT~
[post="227235"][/post]​

No Problem just glad we got that cleared up!

Free lifetime flying? <_<

Where at on the non rev list? Bottom? and what if there is a merger? Worse yet, what if they liquidate and "reinvent" themselves into another airline?

There are alot questions in this T/A that seriously need to be examined. Having worked in res when I first started out, still having friends that work there, I have a pretty good feel as to the mind set of res.....

Reservation agents really need have CWA in each center , at several times, explaining the TA!!!

I'm glad the rez group seems happy with the deal.

There are some good 'devil-in-the-details' questions here, and I'm sure there are more.

On a different note: What is the functional difference, to an employee, between being outsourced, and looking for a job, and being 'expressed', and looking for a job, because xpress is so crappy?

Seems to me ANY agent, outsourced OR furloughed rather than expressed, should get the bonus.

Thoughts?