1.9 Million mainline flights this year...

atlmech

Sep 15, 2015
With a completion factor of 99.6%. 241 days without a maintenance cancellation(another industry record).

Well done fellow Delta employees.

Reactions: metopower
1.9M is a staggering number. Wow!

Nice work everyone.

Not only is it a staggering number - it's fictitious. No airline currently operates over 5,000 mainline flights a day.

I don't blame the OP. The OP was innocently mislead by someone named "Michael Thomas" at Delta who wrote this:

Delta and Delta Connection operated a combined 1.9 million mainline flights and carried 180 million customers over the 366-day period.

http://news.delta.com/airline-goes-two-thirds-2016-without-mainline-canceled-flight

See the problem? Delta and Delta Connection operated a combined 1.9 million systemwide flights last year, not 1.9 million mainline flights. In 2016, Delta operated almost exactly 1 million mainline flights. Impressive, to be sure, but nowhere near 1.9 million.

Michael Thomas could use some editorial oversight.

With a completion factor of 99.6%. 241 days without a maintenance cancellation(another industry record).

Well done fellow Delta employees.

No matter the total numbers, the 99.6% completion factor is something to be proud of indeed. Congrats to you all for a job well done. I wish my company could report the same or at least in the 90's range.