1 Union, 2 Visions

uza said:
UseYourHead said:
Your emotions and ego are getting the best of you lately….
I agree and it's truly sad. The right thing to do would be resign and let the union and company move on.
I have never met or spoken with Teddy Xidas.

It is my firm belief that all the working people at U owe a huge amount of gratitude, respect, and thanks to the folks like her... whether you work under a contract, or are a non contract employee.

Leaders like Xidas are a thorn in the foot of bad management. They can't get away with riding roughshod over the masses because of the commitment of leaders like Xidas. They can't do anything but seek to undermine her by personal attacks, underhanded cowardly sniping at her in the media.

I know many people in other CBA covered groups wish they had someone so vigilant as the defender of AFA.

The weak, spineless "men" who attack her aren't worthy of further comment. They are on this board and in the media to attempt to destroy a true leader so they can crush the employees remaining at U.

Consider the source.

I agree with one comment... it is time for someone to resign and move on... but they all work in a crystal palace, and have their golden parachutes lined up.

If you should see this or someone shows this to you, thank you Teddy Xidas.

Use your head,

Don't feel sorry for the Local PIT Pres.

She did not see "jesus" as many of you and your kool-aide drinking colleques did.

NOPE she saw NO jesus before her....no miracles, no savior, no words of wisdom...., ziltch, nadda, kaput, nothing. No words of saving U or labor, or stop the outsourcing for IAM or to MESA. NOPE. No words of wisdom. No plan A or B or C.

Professionalism was expressed in representing a group of talented, dedicated, hardworking , committed group of employees. NO BS, no fluff, no words to compromise any position, OR to lead anyone down a road...and

THAT IT IS NOT OK TO HURT OUR EMPLOYEES, TAKE THEIR JOBS, THEIR LIVILIHOODS FOR THE SAKE OF GAMBLING WALL STREET INVESTORS.

No. PIT Pesident behaved kindly, and humbly, but stated the case as it is. Did Bronner win AFA over like your pals in ALPA.....NO, HELL NO. We as employees can't make the airline or save the airline or break the airline. And neither can Xidas. She is not intimidated by CASH, and those who hold the money, trump cards. Told it like it was on behalf of her members in PIT.

Like it or lump it.

Dilligas said:
Dilligas, sound mental faculties dictate that we and NOT her are the ones hammered in the press at every possible opportunity explaining how inept and evil we all are.

That's ok, but when the table is turn for one single evening then it's foul play and egregious.

Go ahead and fill her ego up, it's bottomless, but that will NOT make our problems dissolve. If we don't all come to terms you all will be posting on where the latest job openings are and not how the evil empire is treating you.

The Charlotte Observer has an agenda, as does the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. It's my firm belief the two stories today regarding the furloughed US Airways mechanic and the two AFA representatives from CLT and PIT were contrived and spun by US Airways corporate communications department. The only newspaper that's getting the story right is the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. Yes, who knew, Richard Mellon Scaife's rag had integrity.

EyeInTheSky said:
The Charlotte Observer has an agenda, as does the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. It's my firm belief the two stories today regarding the furloughed US Airways mechanic and the two AFA representatives from CLT and PIT were contrived and spun by US Airways corporate communications department. The only newspaper that's getting the story right is the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. Yes, who knew, Richard Mellon Scaife's rag had integrity.
You’re correct.

And there are 18 different spices of aliens, the grays being sort of like super advanced androids.

uza said:
You need a good dose of reality.

I will say it again S-L-O-W-L-Y...We are running this business, not you, therefore I don't have to answer to you.

If the unions want to play hard ball, the members will fall hard, the members, not us.
Ahhhh, there's that good ol' U attitude I've become accustomed to!

For all the posters and lurkers; I've been trying to say this for years, but uza does a much better job than I ever have.

Thank you for the revelation and insight.

uza said:
Dilligas said:
Dilligas, sound mental faculties dictate that we and NOT her are the ones hammered in the press at every possible opportunity explaining how inept and evil we all are.

That's ok, but when the table is turn for one single evening then it's foul play and egregious.

Go ahead and fill her ego up, it's bottomless, but that will NOT make our problems dissolve. If we don't all come to terms you all will be posting on where the latest job openings are and not how the evil empire is treating you.
Feel free to address me on anything I post or challenge my thinking. If you are interested in discourse and the exchange of ideas I will respond with the appropriate tone.

However, please accord me the respect of not putting words into my posts which I did not type, and do not attempt to mischarecterize what I said to suit your agenda.

I wrote that not to feed anyone's ego. Personal attacks against a union local leader are the last resort of a failed management which cannot lead and the peasants are well aware that the emperor has no clothes.

You often use the term "we", which implies you are a part of U management by your statements. Is this indeed the inference you wish to imply? If it is, it would be interesting if "you people" actually made some effort to address the concerns facing the franchise, and not endless spin and drivel.

Why not address real problems at U.... operational, marketing, response to competition... instead of the constant deflection of the issues to a personal assault on one individual.

Ms. Xidas is a popular and respected voice for labor. She has far more respect than dave and that is what infuriates the palace dwellers... therefore the personal attacks.

If you want to start naming "bottomless egos"... you don't have to look far.

diogenes said:
uza said:
You need a good dose of reality.

I will say it again S-L-O-W-L-Y...We are running this business, not you, therefore I don't have to answer to you.

If the unions want to play hard ball, the members will fall hard, the members, not us.
Ahhhh, there's that good ol' U attitude I've become accustomed to!

For all the posters and lurkers; I've been trying to say this for years, but uza does a much better job than I ever have.

yes and we wonder why management and labor have so much distrust and contempt!.......well said uza, like a good company lacky :D

diogenes said:
You're welcome D.

I took my time and money to earn my PHD and I guess the silly little title goes to my head now and then, more then than now, but I am after all, very human and get frustrated like anybody does.

This all could be resolved if egos were not in the way. An ego before livelihoods seems to be the theme here.

i don't think uza is management. he/she is just on here trying to fire everyone up. <_<

uza said:
diogenes said:
You're welcome D.

I took my time and money to earn my PHD and I guess the silly little title goes to my head now and then, more then than now, but I am after all, very human and get frustrated like anybody does.

This all could be resolved if egos were not in the way. An ego before livelihoods seems to be the theme here.
uza,

Interesting that you say you earned your PHD... Interesting you speak of EGOs. Cause the "Alabama slammer" definitely has a huge bottomless ego....

Only person I know with a PHD tied to U is none other than the Jesus that sits in Alabama.

Hmmm, the "u" and your "a"... USAirways/Alabama.

Interesting indeedy. :up:

Latest posts

Back