1 Union, 2 Visions

Given the level of frothing at the mouth that has been going on this afternoon and the reaction, I'd say that a certain person scored a bullseye.

Amazing how one is defending the actions of another person that is purportedly not related to that person. My, oh my.

I'm also laughing now how certain newspapers are right and some are wrong. What makes one right and one wrong? The particular party line perhaps?

BTW, I know Ted Reed. A complete straight shooter. So, if you're so concerned about the facts about the article, why don't you talk to Teddy or Steve.

Strange isn't it...

You have union leaders who are going to bring down the house while your mesmerized brains follow the pied piper of Hamelin. It's insanity because it's so unnecessary. A bunch of sheep following the poison serpents.

Ok moderator, have a good night.

Bring what house down??? The house has already fallen and is down, inspite of labor's efforts of sacrifice to keep the roof on.

Management is asking for labor to pick the house up that they ripped down for the third time. What's insane, is you still don't have a plan to compete, even though MAA was to be the answer to the LCC incursion....

uza said:
I will say it again S-L-O-W-L-Y...We are running this business, not you, therefore I don't have to answer to you.
I really, really hope you are not one of those making decisions for the company. If you are, I pity the shareholders.

Any manager that runs a business with the philosophy of "you do what I say because I told you so" should be shown the door. Post haste. That is not how you get employees to do your bidding.

uza said:
If the unions want to play hard ball, the members will fall hard, the members, not us.
I forgot to comment on this lovely one, too.

In this game of chicken, you will both be on the streets. If you don't know it, you're going to be in for a sorry wake up call.

ITRADE said:
Given the level of frothing at the mouth that has been going on this afternoon and the reaction, I'd say that a certain person scored a bullseye.

Amazing how one is defending the actions of another person that is purportedly not related to that person. My, oh my.

I'm also laughing now how certain newspapers are right and some are wrong. What makes one right and one wrong? The particular party line perhaps?

BTW, I know Ted Reed. A complete straight shooter. So, if you're so concerned about the facts about the article, why don't you talk to Teddy or Steve.
ITRADE, yes, Ted Reed has been covering aviation for two decades. His columns are usually on the mark. However, this particular column was total pandering to the Charlotte crowd. This should serve as a cautionary tale for anyone in the union or company not working in the Charlotte area - don't talk to this local rag ever again. As for coverage there are some papers covering the US Airways story better than others and it's not the Charlotte Observer or the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. They get a "D" grade in their factual coverage of US Airways and it's employees. The Pittsburgh Tribune Review gets a B+ in my book for cutting through the clutter and getting the facts right.

700UW said:
Mr moderator, uza is violating the board rules, I believe calling posters a moron is a trip to the cornfield.
i got a trip to the cornfield for using the word Bonehead???? Mr Moderator, what gives?????

uza said:
Lets turn this around, as they say, fair play….
Yes, let's. You put up a good list overall, so why don't we go through most of them, shall we? Perhaps, horror of horrors, some intelligent conversation can arise from this. :shock:

Dave Sucks. Dave's stupid and a liar.
I combined these because they're (I assume) about the same Dave. Without the supporting evidence, those statements don't stand well. So let's add a few. Since Dave joined US Airways, have things improved? Has RASM risen and CASM fallen? Did he agree to outsource work in violation of contracts with the mechanics? (OK, that's still up for legal debate, but it is one of the primary bases for the "liar" accusation)

Jerry's a union breaker.
His history seems to support this comment. How would you characterize him?

This team is sent from hell and our situation has nothing to do with recent industry wide events…
My favorite. I don't think anyone here believes it has nothing to do with recent industry-wide events. But come on, even you have to have noticed that CO and AS are (barely) profitable, and NW is close. Why isn't US anywhere near the break-even point?

If we all would have stuck together everything would be fine…
Actually, I think the comment is that everything would be light-years better. Do you disagree? Do you believe that infighting had no impact on the company's performance?