Feb 29, 2004
he fully understands the difficutly this will mean to you'

must conserve and build cash reserves for the fall

negotiations will continue

US Airways asks court to impose 23 percent pay cut

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. To listen to Bruce Lakefield's recorded message dial 800-US-DAILY, prompt 4.

It is just an AP newswire story. It is the same story you will read on a variety of online versions of local new sources.

As of late Friday, the airline had not filed the emergency motion, according to a company spokesman.

From CBS MarketWatch.

Its now almost 1030..could it be that ALPA and maybe AFA are working on a TA at this time? I dont know...sounds fishy...CCY had all day to file this and they havnt and the day is almost over. Something is up with the unions.

Could be that the company would rather have agreements than file the 1113e motion.

Filing 1113e effects very little of the contracts, mainly pay. To abrogate the contracts is a longer process - time the company doesn't have in my opinion.

Could the threat of 1113e with larger paycuts than the company's contract proposals be something of a club to get the unions to agree to the contract changes that the company demands? Don't know, but the lack of a filing is interesting.

Of course, the site that has the docket listings could just be behind....

Jim

I know the IAM Mechanic and Related are NOT negotiating with the company at all.

I believe the employees have just become the "Debitors In Possession", DIP Financeers.

At $38 million per month...What is our return?
<_<

Could it be some one in management figured out good-faith bargaining doesn't consist of if you won't buy 2 for a dollar we will give you 6 for 5 dollars?

So when does the judge decide, and if so when does it go into effect? And which proposals would they use, and are they available somewhere?

Back