15-day countdown to strike, night of Aug. 15

Problem I have with that argument is the FAs union leadership "ok'd" the offer. So, now the "no" vote rests with the membership. That 55 percent voted with the full understanding of what would happen. Not saying who is right or wrong in this ethically or morally, but I have a hard time believing the FAs would win this one in court.
What we need to remember here is the leadership said OK to bring it back to a VOTE of the membership. The membership makes the decision, not the Leadership. (unless your in the IAM) :down:

It doesn't matter what a corrupt judge says. NWA has abbrogated it's contract with the NWA F/A's. They are now basically "at will" employees. The AFA needs to quit stalling and call a strike immediately. The AFA raided the PFAA on a campaign that they would bring leadership to the NWA F/A's. If the AFA doesn't shove the judge's ruling back in his/her face, it will be "PATCO" all over again and all unions will suffer. The time to act is now, not 15 days from now! The AFA needs to quit working for airline management(like at USAIR,UNITED) and start working for the people who pay the dues!
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: Chill out, there is a thing called STRATEGY! Give AFA a chance, believe it or not, they do have a GREAT deal of experience in this arena.

It doesn't matter what a corrupt judge says.
Do you have any evidence or even any public accusations of corruption concerning this judge? I didn't think so. You're points would be a lot more credible if you didn't lead them off with completely baseless slander.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: Chill out, there is a thing called STRATEGY! Give AFA a chance, believe it or not, they do have a GREAT deal of experience in this arena.

Yeah, great strategy AFA has shown recently. They put perfume on a pig(tentative agreement that was shot down by 80%) and sent it back the NWA membership calling it a beautifull swann. AFA holds a candlelight protest at the whitehouse and then agrees to more massive concessions at United and USAIR. AFA keeps threatening CHAOS, then gives airline management everything they want and more! All the AFA is doing by giving NWA a 15 day notice is allowing Doug Stealin time to hire PTO back as a scab flight attendant.

Do you have any evidence or even any public accusations of corruption concerning this judge? I didn't think so. You're points would be a lot more credible if you didn't lead them off with completely baseless slander.
Don't have too much to say these days do you finny ol boy?
This post proves that... :blink:

It doesn't matter what a corrupt judge says. NWA has abbrogated it's contract with the NWA F/A's. They are now basically "at will" employees. The AFA needs to quit stalling and call a strike immediately. The AFA raided the PFAA on a campaign that they would bring leadership to the NWA F/A's. If the AFA doesn't shove the judge's ruling back in his/her face, it will be "PATCO" all over again and all unions will suffer. The time to act is now, not 15 days from now! The AFA needs to quit working for airline management(like at USAIR,UNITED) and start working for the people who pay the dues!

The F/A group told the PFAA in the form of a no vote and they told the AFA in the form of a no vote. How much clearer can they be. The "membership" doesn't like it. So what, as a union, do you do? You find out what the membership wants. If the AFA thought that all they wanted was a couple of tweeks to the previous T/A then they were wrong. They have come out tough talking and now its time to back it up. Hold some emergency all-nighters with "real" F/As and find out what they want. You just won representation. Find out what you're representing. Steenland will fold. He can't continue to fight both the mechanic battle and the F/A battle.

Don't have too much to say these days do you finny ol boy?
This post proves that... :blink:
I think finman is just worried about losing his 4 to 6 digit figure job at SCAB AIR. That is why he could only come up with this type of post!!!

As for all you NW F?As, GOOD LUCK and You have my unconditional support! It is about time that another union stands up to the inept and corrup mgmt of SCAB AIR.

I think finman is just worried about losing his 4 to 6 digit figure job at SCAB AIR.
Is there such a thing? I checked out one of the jobs I actually specialize in and they are paying LESS than what they pay outside of NW. They're just going to get second rate people working for those wages they stated. :down: great strategy.

Is there such a thing? I checked out one of the jobs I actually specialize in and they are paying LESS than what they pay outside of NW. They're just going to get second rate people working for those wages they stated. :down: great strategy.

I was talking to a gate agent friend of mine (who I recommended for a job with my new employer), and he says his pay now is nearly what it was when he started with nwa...20 YEARS AGO!!! He's going to much happier here.

What do you specialize in? How did you know what they were paying? Since pay rates are not posted, but negotiated be each individual in the management ranks, I'm not sure how you'd know that unless you were offered a job. You've made some outragously ignorant posts in the past concerning management employment, so forgive me for having to scrutinize you're posts for the time being.

Robbed, what does a four to six digit figure amount to in your mind? You are assuming I make somewhere between $1000 and $999,999 per year? I guess that's a pretty safe guess.

Ground, there hasn't been much to comment on. What happens with the FAs will happen. I don't want to interrupt all of the back-slapping, rah-rah, peeing down your leg excitement you're all exhibiting. You've been through a rough patch, so I don't want to pee on your collective parade.

This is an untested area of the law. Technically, you have a valid contract even if imposed by the court, so I'm inclined to think NW would win this in court. But, one never knows.

Technically, is it still a contract if only 1 side signs? Sure they have court imposed work rules, but is it considered a contract?

Technically, is it still a contract if only 1 side signs? Sure they have court imposed work rules, but is it considered a contract?

It will be interesting to see what NWA will try to impose. In the "real world" they cannot impose anything that was not in the last "best" offer.

It will be interesting to see what NWA will try to impose. In the "real world" they cannot impose anything that was not in the last "best" offer.

This brings up an intersting question; if both sides agreed to this latest TA, why not attempt to impose it, rather than the March 1st offer?

Hello??? The airline industry is NOT the "real world."

Just remember, we are all "living the dream!" NOT!

Back