2015 AMT Discussion

700UW said:
Association get a clue?

They walked out on the company, not the association.

The Assocation knows how the members feel.

But once again you a WN employee blames the Association and not management , but yet at WN you blame management not AMFA.

Double standard much?

How's those AMFA negotiations going?
A double standard usually only exists when there is a particular agenda attached to the individual who wants to sell something.

But in case he's just missing it, here's the last update that came out on Friday. To date the Maintenance group has TA'd 17 articles

http://www.local591.com/docs/Association%20MR%20Bulletin%204-22-16%20Final.pdf

700UW said:
Association get a clue?
But once again you a WN employee blames the Association and not management , but yet at WN you blame management not AMFA.
Double standard much?
They have no clue at all the association doesn't. If they did they would give updates that explains what is going on. Like AMFA dose I can go to AMFA. swa site and I know what the company proposed and what there hang ups are. And AMFA proposal and discussions I go to the association all I see is what articles that were Ta are not Ta but not what was discussed in those articles by the company and union. I do pay dues and I want to know what the discussions are. Those AMFA negotiations are slow because the company is dragging there feet. But at least the AMFA mechanics at swa are not the lowest payed mechanics like us at aa. What can't you not comprehend about that. The association is the fault because the iam should of steeped down and we would of not have to wait so long to start negotiations. Allso from reading the AMFA update I can see where swa wants major connsesions after making major profits . I guess you can't comprehend that either . And I do not want to here your excuses 911 sars etc etc .

700UW said:
Association get a clue?
Double standard much?
Coming from an outsider who knows everything about unions (IAM) and negotiations for AMT'S?

conehead777 said:
They have no clue at all the association doesn't. If they did they would give updates that explains what is going on. Like AMFA dose I can go to AMFA. swa site and I know what the company proposed and what there hang ups are. And AMFA proposal and discussions I go to the association all I see is what articles that were Ta are not Ta but not what was discussed in those articles by the company and union. I do pay dues and I want to know what the discussions are. Those AMFA negotiations are slow because the company is dragging there feet. But at least the AMFA mechanics at swa are not the lowest payed mechanics like us at aa. What can't you not comprehend about that. The association is the fault because the iam should of steeped down and we would of not have to wait so long to start negotiations. Allso from reading the AMFA update I can see where swa wants major connsesions after making major profits . I guess you can't comprehend that either . And I do not want to here your excuses 911 sars etc etc .
Shame on us for expecting transparency.

conehead777 said:
They have no clue at all the association doesn't. Huh? If they did they would give updates that explains what is going on. Like AMFA dose does. I can go to AMFA. swa site and I know what the company company proposed and what there their hang ups are. And AMFA proposals and discussions. I go to the Aassociation website all I see is what articles that were Ta are not Ta but not what was discussed in those articles by the company and union. I do pay dues and I want to know what the discussions are. Those AMFA negotiations are slow because the company is dragging there their feet. But at least the AMFA mechanics at swa are not the lowest payed mechanics like us at aa. What can't you not comprehend about that. The Aassociation is the at fault because the iam should of have steeped stepped down and we would of have not have had to wait so long to start negotiations. Allso Also from reading the AMFA update's I can see where swa wants major connsesions concessions after making major profits . I guess you can't comprehend that either .

"And I do not want to here your excuses 911 sars etc etc"

"And I don't want to hear you once again talk about reality"

I didn't totally clean it up I know, but at least I improved it a little. 

WeAAsles said:
I think I'll gladly keep and enjoy mine when it comes in next year. But I like your idea that if others don't want there's maybe they should donate it?

Lots of worthwhile charities out there.
"If others don't want there's maybe they should donate it?    

Is it too late to use spell check, W?   :D

Reality is, 9/11 and SARS were the excuses the company gave in the last decade for thier lack of respect towards employees. They went into BK with 4+ billion in the bank. That is a reality too.This is a new decade and the company is earning billions and billions. There is no reason for any more excuses.

And, theres no reason for a clerk to come on the amt thread and lecture about reality. Go away...

DallasConehead said:
Reality is, 9/11 and SARS were the excuses the company gave in the last decade for thier lack of respect towards employees. They went into BK with 4+ billion in the bank. That is a reality too.This is a new decade and the company is earning billions and billions. There is no reason for any more excuses.
And, theres no reason for a clerk to come on the amt thread and lecture about reality. Go away...

If I bother you with the truth that you can't handle then all you have to do is ignore me.

Telling me to go away will just incite me to respond more.

As you might say thar in da South. "I don't cotton much to rudeness"

And I missed this piece of news since I left your area in 2011, but congratulations on finally letting one into your Country Club.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/02/14/all-white-dallas-country-club-admits-first-black-member/

BTW in case you guys haven't noticed. When it comes to the negotiations both Fleet and Maintenance negotiate at the same time, in the same place and have TA'd pretty much the same Articles together. They confer together, share notes and ideas, get along, like and even go to lunch and dinner with each other. And even a few at the bar from time to time to unwind where they pick up each other's tabs occasionally.

Now before you say anything they do negotiate with the company separately but there's a lot of intermingling otherwise and certainly a lot of mutual respect.

Certainly not how we behave with each other here on old Airline Forums.

WeAAsles said:
BTW in case you guys haven't noticed. When it comes to the negotiations both Fleet and Maintenance negotiate at the same time, in the same place and have TA'd pretty much the same Articles together. They confer together, share notes and ideas, get along, like and even go to lunch and dinner with each other. And even a few at the bar from time to time to unwind where they pick up each other's tabs occasionally.

Now before you say anything they do negotiate with the company separately but there's a lot of intermingling otherwise and certainly a lot of mutual respect.

Certainly not how we behave with each other here on old Airline Forums.
and there lies the problem, where are my coattails under Fleet's feet....

Buck said:
and there lies the problem, where are my coattails under Fleet's feet....
Just as I figured one of you would respond. No they are not in the same rooms when they are dealing directly with the company and not every issue has been settled for TA at the same time and some of those issues absolutely are different and unique to each workgroup.

But they all have mutual concern for each other. Although that may bother some of you guys for whatever reason.

Hey remember when the company wanted Fleet to take over the towing of aircraft? You haven't heard anything more on that since have you?

Not even curious why?

DallasConehead said:
reality allso 911 and sars did not keep management from getting there big bonuses. And in the twu at the time jim little took no pay cuts either still making his big salary. So I guess in there eyes we should suffer so managment and twu did not have to. And the company and the unions have so many excuses for us to take pay cuts.

So go into management, oh wait you would have to know how to spell and use grammar.

Back