2015 AMT Discussion

Kev3188 said:
Just curious; when did all of you get to vote on which method of seniority integration to use? What were the options, and what sort of results did each get?
Kev, there was no vote, there was no options offered to the membership.  Nothing since this ass took over has ever been voted on by the membership.  Everything so far has been forced onto the membership with no vote what-so-ever including the birth and forced association to be the representational union...

swamt said:
Kev, there was no vote, there was no options offered to the membership.  Nothing since this ass took over has ever been voted on by the membership.  Everything so far has been forced onto the membership with no vote what-so-ever including the birth and forced association to be the representational union...

Little as the leader of the TWU signed off on it, and the membership had many chances over the yrs to shed the TWU but prefered to keep them in power. 

SWAMT you have some what of the same mindset leaders over at SWA, they don't look to expand the size of your union, they are out just to protect the positions held.

The goal and vision of Delle has long been over shadowed by the new leaders there.

AMFAinMIAMI said:
No Vote was taken and you should of known that.
I did. It was a rhetorical question.

Nevertheless, I was hoping against hope that I may have missed something...It goes w/o saying You all deserve to have a say in something as important as seniority integration.

You hit the larger point earlier; we (labor) only get what we're willing to fight for.

Kev3188 said:
I did. It was a rhetorical question.

Nevertheless, I was hoping against hope that I may have missed something...It goes w/o saying You all deserve to have a say in something as important as seniority integration.

You hit the larger point earlier; we (labor) only get what we're willing to fight for.
Too bad you have to fight your union as well.

700UW said:
Really?

Go back over 150 years?

The Kasher decision is what it is, it wont be changed, the seniority agreement is already in place.
What does the time, even in years matter? If read the history of the IAM you will find out the this was before
Civil Rights and you surely know where that started.

MetalMover said:
Should all the Eastern guys get their time back as well?
Only if we as the membership allow for the Association to ram anything down our throats.

Why should we under the TWU who should have been the union, allow the IAM to control everything? The majority of the new airline is going to be TWU, right? The fight over union control caused the NMB to change our Title 1 group, based on IAM standards. Why wouldn't the AFL-CIO etal fight to grant everything the IAM wants?

You know they say that if you work for an airline that is non union you are considered a employee at will. Well with all the crap that was imposed on us without a vote I would say we are employees at will. What major issues have we voted on since the BK? Everything is decided for us by the unions and the NMB. Yea I would say I'm pretty damn lucky to have a union.

Buck said:

Why should we under the TWU who should have been the union, allow the IAM to control everything?

Because the TWU is weak and spineless, especially the members!

1AA said:
You know they say that if you work for an airline that is non union you are considered a employee at will. Well with all the crap that was imposed on us without a vote I would say we are employees at will. What major issues have we voted on since the BK? Everything is decided for us by the unions and the NMB. Yea I would say I'm pretty damn lucky to have a union.

Makes you wonder wtf your paying dues for sometimes, doesn't it?

1AA said:
Since BK?

Rogallo said:

Again, at this time I think paying dues to Parker would be a better way to get a raise....

Rogallo said:

We pay dues for the continued beatings we take contract after contract. People criticise Delta employees for being non union. Things look better right now on that side of the fence.

Latest posts

Back