2015 AMT Discussion

101% funded is not going broke.

How about that $2 billion shortfall you AA frozen pension?

word today is that the company told the union they have no conference rooms available until after the holidays in January.....so any further negotiations will have to wait. did i mention that its been a year, that is 12 months since everyone EXCEPT association members got a  4% raise? that is what WE MEAN to the company....hosed for another TWO holidays.

Reactions: 6 people
101% funded is not going broke.
How about that $2 billion shortfall you AA frozen pension?[/quo

I have been an AA employee for over 28 years, and I have been hearing that
the pension plan is underfunded for about the same number of years. I will take
a frozen pension from a company with 9 billion $ in cash over the IAMPF that
needs to replenish its membership to stay solvent in a time that blue collar jobs
are being outsourced more & more every day. And what business is it of yours
anyway?

Reactions: 9 people
I read Gary Petersons letter. Company has no intention on negotiating a jcba. They want to give us the Delta plus whatever and adjust certain articles to their liking and leave everything thing else the same. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Reactions: 5 people
The IAMNPF was underfunded by $5.5B in 2012. Did the IAMNPF gain $5.5B in assets or drop that much in liability?

IAMNPF? Not the option I want. Push for a higher defined contribution like the F/As or pilots.

Reactions: 3 people
Go read the latest ERISA report, it states the fund is funded to 101% and indintbtgey they would lie to the Federal Government.

Go read the 2014 Way and Means report on multi-employer pension funds whihc backs up the 2012 Credit Suisse report. The current ERISA method is flawed and that is waht the reports state. The existing actuary tables overvalue the multi-employer plans. When using fair market value methods the fund is underdunded by $5.5B. The IAM needs to keep their hands off the TWU DBP and not suck us in to their plan. I would rather have a a higher 401(k) defined contribution, chose my own investment strategy, and get a good match for my contributions. TWU members don't want the IAMNPF and the risks that come from multi employer plans. You can keep it.

Reactions: 2 people
After reading this list of I wants from our beloved ASSociation. The asks just gave AA the justification to take  two to three years to negotiate. This proposal seems like a little kid in a candy store and was told get what you want.  I predict that 99% of the asks will be taken out, at the end of this process we will  just get the pay raises so why waste all this time for what. I did not see any retro pay request or did I miss it.  Also did not see any options to keep whatever pension we have but option to move into the IAMNPF .
I tried to look at positives found none since we asked for the moon and no credible proposals.

I can just here the drunkard saying these misfits just gave us another two to three years of savings.  
I say to the IAM and TWU

YOU ARE FIRED

Reactions: 1 person
Overspeed said:
Go read the 2014 Way and Means report on multi-employer pension funds whihc backs up the 2012 Credit Suisse report. The current ERISA method is flawed and that is waht the reports state. The existing actuary tables overvalue the multi-employer plans. When using fair market value methods the fund is underdunded by $5.5B. The IAM needs to keep their hands off the TWU DBP and not suck us in to their plan. I would rather have a a higher 401(k) defined contribution, chose my own investment strategy, and get a good match for my contributions. TWU members don't want the IAMNPF and the risks that come from multi employer plans. You can keep it.
I agree with overspeed as well as many TWU employees. You can keep your IAMNPF, we do not want any paty of it.

Reactions: 5 people