21% You Got It

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Hmm, well AFA knew before we filed Chap 11 that this imposed pay cut COULD be imposed and now it IS.
I know the company is in a dire situation but i would have rather AFA reached a TA with the company pre-Chap 11 and take what I believe was a 13%-14% pay cut that this 21% cut.
[post="191292"][/post]​
Only problem is, the company had no intention of ever negotiatin a TA...also, company has violated every other contract that AFA members have signed. Now at least if they violate the terms of the judges ruling, it may be contempt of court!

Hmm, well AFA knew before we filed Chap 11 that this imposed pay cut COULD be imposed and now it IS.
I know the company is in a dire situation but i would have rather AFA reached a TA with the company pre-Chap 11 and take what I believe was a 13%-14% pay cut that this 21% cut.
[post="191292"][/post]​

Easier said than done. AFA and other unions are negotiating MORE than pay issues. What about the work rules and retirement? Much more to consider then just looking at your net pay. Did you even read the company's proposal? What a joke!! :down:

A ratification vote on the pilots deal will conclude Oct. 21. The 21 percent pay cut will only apply to the pilots if they reject the tentative agreement.

Anyone know how many pilots have already voted? Does this ensure ratification?

jm

:ph34r: :down: nobody cared about the mainline express or the
cities that where ramp contracted jan of 2003 .might as well contract out all the ramps and mainline express all the cities now.

Well folks, I think the company just pissed off the face of the airline. Employee relations were horrible prior to this hack job. Now they will be indescribable! The passengers will no doubtedly experience the result of this action. In my opinion, the front line employees will no longer tolerate BS from neither supervision or passengers. And believe me this is not a good thing.

Of course, one thing that is a guarantee is that management will soon begin to say at the very least; "We need to make the temporary wage cuts permanent or we will have to close the doors". More threats. More abuses! I really hope I am wrong, but I give the airline six months.....on life support, then the plug will be pulled. Good luck and best wishes to all at US Airways! :up:

It is better to die on your feet like man than cower on your knees like a 320 pilot. I will sleep well tonight, It is very easy to get your 21% back, start today! Do everything by the book.:up:

:down: we asked for help back in dec of 2002 and the Iam and cwa wouldnt back
the employees of the contracted ramps and now its coming back to haunt them.
this time when they go back in they could get there cities back and give the layed off employees a chance to get there jobs back at a reduced rate. better than no job

genejockey said:
Well folks, I think the company just pissed off the face of the airline. Employee relations were horrible prior to this hack job. Now they will be indescribable! The passengers will no doubtedly experience the result of this action. In my opinion, the front line employees will no longer tolerate BS from neither supervision or passengers. And believe me this is not a good thing.
[post="191308"][/post]​

Things are going to get ugly.

hear me out....6%? the company had no intention of sitting down and negotiating? why is it 21% for afa and iam? why is it 18% for alpa. Dear brothers and sisters, you now have an incredible opportunity....will it be better in 4 months? unlikely. are you worth more than 10.85 and hour? maybe. Do you have power in your future? certainly. Sum it up. Your hard work will be financing archaic rules, public unwillingness, pilot household wages...they keep their house, you give up your housing. Time to move on people...but not without a final f-you. Go to the airport tomorrow, but not to work, but to fight that this crap doesnt happen to more of YOU. Go to the airport tomorrow and fight for the true. I WILL BE THERE, gave up the fight sept. 1. but I am fighting in my heart for you. not U. SHUT IT DOWN. Tomorrow is the day...

dont listen to the union rhetoric this, the final time....they will be of no help...the power to say something now lies in you....the company cant replace you readily...they may survive (unlikely) but you can sink the ship with an all-americam patriotic message....we are SICK AND TIRED OF CLEANING UP THE MESS.

... i would have rather AFA reached a TA with the company pre-Chap 11 and take what I believe was a 13%-14% pay cut that this 21% cut.
[post="191292"][/post]​
Yeah right. Then you'd be on here bad-mouthing AFA and how they rolled over and gave up 13% of your pay too easily. :rolleyes:

Latest posts