21% You Got It

genejockey said:
PIT,

The company, in my opinion, pissed off the face of the airline by its over all approach in working with the employees in trying to reach agreements on concessions. Round three of concessions, may I remind you. Remember their demands were for 40% wage reductions among other cuts. This to me is completely unreasonable when you factor in comparative airline employee compensation packages. Did things have to change at US? Absolutely. Obviously they have just changed in a rather dramatic way. The judge made a decision. One that I believe to be extreme. With the unproven track record of this management group, I personally believe it will be squandered just as the previous two were.

As for the passenger: Unfortunately I believe the passengers will exprience the frustrations of the frontline employees. Let me think, I just took an enormous pay cut and you the passenger are going to #### at me because your flight is delayed due to WX? I don't think so! The possible scenarios are endless. As for the company....this bag feels awfully heavy...excessive wieght fee..F-it....throw it on the belt. I'm just going to get bitched at for collecting a fee. Revenue lost. Change fee on a ticket...F-it I'm just going to get bitched at for collecting a fee. Revenue lost. Bag tags shooting out of a kiosk...wrong tag on wrong bag. F-it...who cares. My point is by a pay cut at this level, those who used to care, really care, may very well no longer care. I reallize that this is a very sad situation, but I believe things of this nature will happen.
[post="191352"][/post]​

Well, look on the bright side; the cuts came before Halloween instead of the usual Thanksgiving and Christmas? :blink: It's time to really hit the sauce, but it will have to be Boone's Farm -- can't afford Ernest & Julio anymore... :p

i would hope that the union leadership is preparing a big apology to their members, as well as a pass on their dues for the next 6 months. this is only the beginning of the abrogation process and i can only hope they see this as well and get to work on a long term agreement the company is seeking.

and please, please remember, if you feel your pay is too low, you can always leave and go to another carrier that is offering such higher pay....

good luck to all those affected!

jack mama said:
and please, please remember, if you feel your pay is too low, you can always leave and go to another carrier that is offering such higher pay....
[post="191371"][/post]​

Yep, just as soon as this dog and pony show shuts its doors.

It's encouraging to know that USAir..ways is still has folks....like Krellin running Operations around. Good luck Al...it ain't going to be pretty....

W#EXCH#INVOL....anything....

I'm sure glad Krellin's in charge

jack mama said:
[post="191371"][/post]​

And please, please remember, if you feel your pay is too high, you can always leave and go to another job that pays less.

Or better yet, just send the extra to the company.

Jim

You may push me around
But you cannot win
You may throw me down
But I'll rise again
The more you say
The more I defy you
So get out of my face

You cannot stop us
You cannot bring us down
Never give up
We go on and on
You'll never break us
Never bring us down
We are alive!

All my will
All my strength
Rip it out
Start again
Offspring> Defy You

B)

Good Lord - listen to all the whining. Smile people! This is what you wanted. The Judge! All of you hairy balled unionista's have been saying for weeks that you would take your chances with the judge.

Well, you did. You won!!! Be happy!! Life is good!

Life is good, I am very happy ....I stood my ground and am fine with the outcome. I cant belive the IAM didnt cave in. This is thier company and they can do what they want, you make a choice to go into work everyday. This will speed up many of the people to get off thier butt and do something with pride and integrity, when was the last time you had that.
B)

CapnCockroach said:
Good Lord - listen to all the whining. Smile people! This is what you wanted. The Judge! All of you hairy balled unionista's have been saying for weeks that you would take your chances with the judge.

Well, you did. You won!!! Be happy!! Life is good!
[post="191395"][/post]​

Hey Nit Wit,

Sure we took one in the teeth...but we have more teeth remaining by using the Judge instead of wholesale capitulation.

The Company wanted 23% until the end of March....plus the ability to almost outsource at will

The Company got 21% until February 15th..and only Temporary outsourcing of the Airbus work. This alone was a plus

U Management had no desire to settle for less than what they got on a temporary basis...and from this Unionista's point of view , nothing would have ever been settled unless the IAM gave up the rights to all the Airbus in-house work period.

Gloat all you want you waste of oxygen....We got as good as we were going to get by using the Judge. Conversely...I'm going to show up and work as I've always done...and manage to put a good face on it until I either decide to move on..or until the place gets mis-managed into oblivion. The only question is which will come first?

Don't you think 1113c is next? That is perm changes to the contract.

IMHO, all unions including my own (ALPA) dragged their feet way too long. The pay cuts would have been much less if done months ago, and they are going to get worse with further delay.

Teddy was wrong, how many times will it take for the the AFA membership to get it. NEGOTIATING is better than a judge imposing a contract...any questions?

DCAflyer said:
Excuse me.. the AFA fought phuking hard for you. It's sad that this is what is happening in corporate America... if you don't like it, head to the polls next month. But Teddy, et al did a bang-up job and the legal team presented some very compelling arguments. At least it isn't the 23% for six months that the company wanted. But don't blame AFA because it's not their fault.
[post="191273"][/post]​

From the point of view of a US1 customer:
Shut this sob down. Enough is enough. The whole thing is embarrasing. U employees can get better than this elsewhere, they just need to look. BRACE! BRACE! BRACE! Impact in 2 seconds! THIS FU***R is going down! Can you say Enron anyone?

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Hmm, well AFA knew before we filed Chap 11 that this imposed pay cut COULD be imposed and now it IS.
I know the company is in a dire situation but i would have rather AFA reached a TA with the company pre-Chap 11 and take what I believe was a 13%-14% pay cut that this 21% cut.
[post="191292"][/post]​

Transatlantic,

I think you are confused.

If you have been following the "interim relief" proposals. Not only did the company want first 14.4% and then climbed to 17.2% for 6 MONTHS, but included in that was sick paid at 50%, OJI sal. contin. at 50%, premium pay reduced, vacation days reduced and paid at reduced rates, night pay eliminated, increase in flying obligation, with only 2 hour increase in rserv guarantee. Also, no understaffing pay.

These proposals were worse than 21% for 4 months.

funguy2 said:
Wow... was that Teddy Xidas already threatening a strike before negotiations on a permanent new agreement begin? I think US Airways may have made its fatal error.
[post="191350"][/post]​

Is that what Teddy said, hmmm, I thought "self help" actions included strike, or picketing, leafleting, chaos,

What does 'self help' mean to you?

PITMTC said:
1.How did the "company" piss off the face of the airline? How many times did I read on this board "I'd rather have the judge make the decision, at least we know it would be fair" and "the concession stand is closed, see you in court"? Now we blame management for what the judge decided?
2.How do you know, or better said, why would you give everyone on here the idea to make the passenengers experience the result?

Get a new complaint!

PS I am not pleased with the decision either
[post="191326"][/post]​

Even though the judge ruled 21% for 4 months, it surely much better than any proposal offer short-term or long-term the company was proposing.

I believe we did much better with the judge.

Latest posts