21% You Got It

jack mama said:
i would hope that the union leadership is preparing a big apology to their members, as well as a pass on their dues for the next 6 months. this is only the beginning of the abrogation process and i can only hope they see this as well and get to work on a long term agreement the company is seeking.

and please, please remember, if you feel your pay is too low, you can always leave and go to another carrier that is offering such higher pay....

good luck to all those affected!
[post="191371"][/post]​

Jack,

Not leaving.

Iwill encourage all employees to stay till the last day! You will not get what you endeavor and that is 19 year olds with H.S.diplomas.

Nope. We're staying, na, na, na, na, na, na. :up:

PITbull said:
Even though the judge ruled 21% for 4 months, it surely much better than any proposal offer short-term or long-term the company was proposing.

I believe we did much better with the judge.
[post="191420"][/post]​

I agree. However any negotiations that occur from here on out will most likely call for a salary cut of ..guess..21%! And then some. This is just the beginning. We will never ever return to the same salary level as we just lost no matter how long we stay here. I will now be making less money than I did in 1989. If that isn't enough incentive to look for new work nothing is.

This was in no way a slam dunk for Crystal City. They didn't walk away from the $110 million dollar pension payment they counted on. They did not get the chance to scab out jobs. Utility would be out the door if they had.

This judge made a wise choice under the circumstances. Give the company some, give the unions some. He refused to let management off the hook. Maybe they will understand there is more to running a company than running the people who do the work out the door.

EightySix said:
I agree. However any negotiations that occur from here on out will most likely call for a salary cut of ..guess..21%! And then some. This is just the beginning. We will never ever return to the same salary level as we just lost no matter how long we stay here. I will now be making less money than I did in 1989. If that isn't enough incentive to look for new work nothing is.
[post="191434"][/post]​

Eighty six,

Let's just stay anyway....no matter what. Let them buy us out. We will all stay at the top of the salary chart, and when we are permitted to strike at amedable date, we will.

"We have a contract, and unless the Judge throws it away, we will keep it and work under it for years. And if the judge does throw it away, then we will self help, because will not agree to any more concessions"

don't make me laugh. my neighbors employment agency has 10,000 aviation applicants dying to get back into aviation. guess how long it would take to fill those
"self help" vacancies? oh , i guess 1 WEEK!!!!!!!!!!
smell the coffee folks.
:up:

PITbull said:
Eighty six,

Let's just stay anyway....no matter what. Let them buy us out. We will all stay at the top of the salary chart, and when we are permitted to strike at amedable date, we will.
[post="191448"][/post]​

Decided to go on 105 option...better than a part time job AND I live in base. I am staying till the bitter end...YES, JUST TO SPITE THOSE UNION BUSTER SOB's. Those that have seen me post know I have been miidle of the road, but I see too much pointing in the direction of busting labor.

It's funny, I found out on my current trip from a apologetic customer during boarding on my SAN leg. It was hard to fight off the feeling of discust, but a wonderful thing happened. A ton of uniformed non revs showed up and it dawned on me. I will be damned if I let the idiots running this company bring me down. And while I would love to tell everyone to go to hell, I WILL NOT let this company bring me down to the level that I feel. Right now I feel nothing but utter hatred for this company and the continual failure to lead after all these years.

But I also realize it isn't the customer's fault and I will NOT take it out on them. Also, I WILL NOT take it out on my fellow employees.

I would ask everyone. Please don't think if you do something to disrupt the flow or cause a delay, that this will send a statement. You are only driving whats left of our paxs away AND you are punishing those of us stuck on the airplane when there is no water or when we are waiting for a tug, or if there are no cleaners, or if we are inproperly catered. We f/a's feel the heat. It's easy when you don't have to answer to those paying the salary to make statements, but my 21% will hurt as much as anyone elses, so please don't punish us.

I'll pat myself on the back. I have never thank my f/c customers and shaken their hands until today. I realize that one thing US Airways cannot take from me is my self pride.

DR.EVIL said:
It is better to die on your feet like man than cower on your knees like a 320 pilot. I will sleep well tonight, It is very easy to get your 21% back, start today! Do everything by the book.:up:
[post="191310"][/post]​

ROFLMAOASMB!!!!!

(.... and spilled my beer)

PITMTC said:
1.How did the "company" piss off the face of the airline? How many times did I read on this board "I'd rather have the judge make the decision, at least we know it would be fair" and "the concession stand is closed, see you in court"? Now we blame management for what the judge decided?
2.How do you know, or better said, why would you give everyone on here the idea to make the passenengers experience the result?

Get a new complaint!

PS I am not pleased with the decision either
[post="191326"][/post]​
Watch out everyone...here is a person who thinks like me...YES :up:

The IAM really showed those dirty bastards didn't they, hmmmm

At least the AFA got a 2 percent victory.....

Unless laws are changed you all better get used to saying: I really like you boss man, can I have a raise after I brush your dog?

Union Power, where?

JACKMAMA: You are a sorry sucker!!

We DID do better with the judge. Just look at what they were asking for? EVERYTHING!!!!! FOREVER!!!!!!! But they didn't get it all.

The gloves are off. I'm with DR. EVIL. Call me Mr. by the book. NO more favors for this abominable management from this moment on. If it is discrepant then so it shall be written. 99.99% is NFG!!!!! Its 100% or NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The company has gotten away with too much for too long. It ends now :angry: !!! No threats here....just promises to uphold my obligations as a certificated mechanic under the FAR's. That's right.......my OBLIGATION!!!!!

The kicker is that they still will ask for a higher percentage of concessions!!!!!! They want carte blanc over their employees and there are still idiots out there that want to give it all without a peep!!

Take note flyboys. MAE is getting their hands on more of our perfectly good airplanes. This is a good time to pose a question..............
Does the airport rescue respond to airlines that don't pay their bills???? Better brush up on your phonetic skills.......PAN-PAN-PAN!!!!!!! Yep. I predict more emergency landings at the hands of MAE. Write it down and lets see what king of bill UAIR can ring up with the airport emergency services :lol: :lol:

You get what you pay for. Have a nice RVSM flight and hold on to your hat!!!!

E-TRONS said:
JACKMAMA: You are a sorry sucker!!

We DID do better with the judge. Just look at what they were asking for? EVERYTHING!!!!! FOREVER!!!!!!! But they didn't get it all.

The gloves are off. I'm with DR. EVIL. Call me Mr. by the book. NO more favors for this abominable management from this moment on. If it is discrepant then so it shall be written. 99.99% is NFG!!!!! Its 100% or NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The company has gotten away with too much for too long. It ends now :angry: !!! No threats here....just promises to uphold my obligations as a certificated mechanic under the FAR's. That's right.......my OBLIGATION!!!!!

The kicker is that they still will ask for a higher percentage of concessions!!!!!! They want carte blanc over their employees and there are still idiots out there that want to give it all without a peep!!

Take note flyboys. MAE is getting their hands on more of our perfectly good airplanes. This is a good time to pose a question..............
Does the airport rescue respond to airlines that don't pay their bills???? Better brush up on your phonetic skills.......PAN-PAN-PAN!!!!!!! Yep. I predict more emergency landings at the hands of MAE. Write it down and lets see what king of bill UAIR can ring up with the airport emergency services :lol: :lol:

You get what you pay for. Have a nice RVSM flight and hold on to your hat!!!!
[post="191546"][/post]​

As Per The President of Local ALPA, One B.P., you're full of hot air....PAN PAN PAN....

FYI...I agree with you

I agree!

jack mama said:
i would hope that the union leadership is preparing a big apology to their members, as well as a pass on their dues for the next 6 months. this is only the beginning of the abrogation process and i can only hope they see this as well and get to work on a long term agreement the company is seeking.

and please, please remember, if you feel your pay is too low, you can always leave and go to another carrier that is offering such higher pay....

good luck to all those affected!
[post="191371"][/post]​

firstamendment said:
Decided to go on 105 option...better than a part time job AND I live in base. I am staying till the bitter end...YES, JUST TO SPITE THOSE UNION BUSTER SOB's. Those that have seen me post know I have been miidle of the road, but I see too much pointing in the direction of busting labor.

It's funny, I found out on my current trip from a apologetic customer during boarding on my SAN leg. It was hard to fight off the feeling of discust, but a wonderful thing happened. A ton of uniformed non revs showed up and it dawned on me. I will be damned if I let the idiots running this company bring me down. And while I would love to tell everyone to go to hell, I WILL NOT let this company bring me down to the level that I feel. Right now I feel nothing but utter hatred for this company and the continual failure to lead after all these years.

But I also realize it isn't the customer's fault and I will NOT take it out on them. Also, I WILL NOT take it out on my fellow employees.

I would ask everyone. Please don't think if you do something to disrupt the flow or cause a delay, that this will send a statement. You are only driving whats left of our paxs away AND you are punishing those of us stuck on the airplane when there is no water or when we are waiting for a tug, or if there are no cleaners, or if we are inproperly catered. We f/a's feel the heat. It's easy when you don't have to answer to those paying the salary to make statements, but my 21% will hurt as much as anyone elses, so please don't punish us.

I'll pat myself on the back. I have never thank my f/c customers and shaken their hands until today. I realize that one thing US Airways cannot take from me is my self pride.
[post="191475"][/post]​
That's a great insightful post. That attitude is what will pull US through, if it's meant to be, and if not, it would still serve one well. Realizing all the flaws, being angry, but also seeing the big picture and putting aside the negativity when it matters. It would be great to meet you on a flight sometime when (hopefully) things are better.

PITBull,

What are the chances of your membership throwing you out, and getting someone in with some kind of sense?

AFA could have had probably a 14% paycut, along with other changes...due to you you feet dragging you have failed your membership and cause a 21% cut.

It going to get worse from here with 1113c, unless of course you do the sensible thing.

You are acting like a 5 year-old, didn't you know significant cuts were coming?

PITbull said:
Jack,

Not leaving.

Iwill encourage all employees to stay till the last day! You will not get what you endeavor and that is 19 year olds with H.S.diplomas.

Nope. We're staying, na, na, na, na, na, na. :up:
[post="191424"][/post]​