21% You Got It

wellif mainline express is forced to take the 21% paycut on top of the 49%paycut we took last year, that i believe will total out say about 70% so if i am correct my paycut from last yr from 15. down to 10.93 will be reduce to below walmart which starts at i think 8.00 an hr depending on where you live. i guess it is now time to look for that 2nd job

IMO, this is just the beginning. Soon massive layoffs, outsourcing, contracting, etc. The company will NEVER be happy until the costs are down to poverty, entry level pay for all groups. They refuse to NEGTOTIATE, but only demands. 6 months from now this company will be highly profitable, or a page in history. I suspect it will be only a memory of the past. This management team obviously has no desire or concept of employee relations, or how to successfully run an airline. Time will tell. Im still planning for an extended 6 month vacation in March.

genejockey said:
Well folks, I think the company just pissed off the face of the airline. Employee relations were horrible prior to this hack job. Now they will be indescribable! The passengers will no doubtedly experience the result of this action. In my opinion, the front line employees will no longer tolerate BS from neither supervision or passengers. And believe me this is not a good thing.

Of course, one thing that is a guarantee is that management will soon begin to say at the very least; "We need to make the temporary wage cuts permanent or we will have to close the doors". More threats. More abuses! I really hope I am wrong, but I give the airline six months.....on life support, then the plug will be pulled. Good luck and best wishes to all at US Airways! :up:
[post="191308"][/post]​

1.How did the "company" piss off the face of the airline? How many times did I read on this board "I'd rather have the judge make the decision, at least we know it would be fair" and "the concession stand is closed, see you in court"? Now we blame management for what the judge decided?
2.How do you know, or better said, why would you give everyone on here the idea to make the passenengers experience the result?

Get a new complaint!

PS I am not pleased with the decision either

robbedagain said:
wellif mainline express is forced to take the 21% paycut on top of the 49%paycut we took last year, that i believe will total out say about 70% so if i am correct my paycut from last yr from 15. down to 10.93 will be reduce to below walmart which starts at i think 8.00 an hr depending on where you live. i guess it is now time to look for that 2nd job
[post="191322"][/post]​

Any employee who stays around and accepts a 21% is out of their mind! You all should have been actively seeking alternative employment at least 6 months ago. And don't think for one second that your skills are not transferrable because they most certainly are! Especially those in customer service. Some companies are not willing to pay for customer service, that is a fact. But many are willing, and do pay much more than than any airline. You just have to find the those companies who value professsionalism.

You have been told that any schmoe off of the street can come in and do your job. BS! It depends on the level of professionalism the company wants to espouse. What type of passenger do they want to attract and retain. Most of the MDA new hires in PHL can barely speak deciferrable English. It is extremely embarrassing to those who consider themselves to be professional CSA's..... those who take pride in representing the airline.

My wife's last day at US Airways (after 16 years) was supposed to be this Sunday. As of this ruling today, she resigned effective 1:30pm TODAY. She refuses to work under the current working conditions. Factor in idiotic, pathetic managment, severe under staffing, assinign working conditions and now an enormous pay cut. PHACK YOU US Airways!!!!! Good luck to all at US Airways.

daybeforecommuter said:
dont listen to the union rhetoric this, the final time....they will be of no help...the power to say something now lies in you....the company cant replace you readily...they may survive (unlikely) but you can sink the ship with an all-americam patriotic message....we are SICK AND TIRED OF CLEANING UP THE MESS.
[post="191320"][/post]​
How about "Take this job and shove it. I'm not working here no more." And just PLEASE leave if your not happy.

PITMTC said:
Now we blame management for what the judge decided?
[post="191326"][/post]​
Did not the judge only grant what the company wanted? You post as though you still have hopes of a good career with USAir in PIT. GET OVER IT. Me thinks your hope lies in their replacement.

PIT E-Line October 15, 2004

Dear Members,

Not good news.

The judge has just ruled to allow the company to impose 21% wage reductions to IAM, CWA, AFA. Will go into effect for 4 months starting October 15, and ending February 15, 2005. The company was granted "outsourcing" for the next 4 months, he approved 279 a/c min language gone into this period, and increase in f/a hours to 5-10 hours per month depending on c/s needs.

One thing for sure, many of us will file personal bankruptcy, have to sell our homes, and if displacements commence, we will surely not survive this job.

What we are seeing here is a company who has used the bankruptcy system to dismantle the U workforce. The seniority is a big issue with management and they are hoping we either resign, or get terminated. Many f/as will have a difficult time making ends meet and not be able to take on a second job as our flying will now be increased on this reduced wage.

The new hourly rate for the next 6 months will be $32.42, top out, much lower than America West and puts us 22% below the average low cost carriers as our analyst presented to the courts. This is almost a $10 hit in wages per hour. America West is currently in negotiations for raises which will place them close to where we are today at $41.05 top-out. The more junior workforce will suffer mostly, and the emotional upset will be devastating to them. They just will not be able to maintain. Hard to work or look for additional work with this type of LTO system.

I am of the hope that ALPA T/A fails, so that the pilots will only have to endure an extra 2.5% more wage reduction, and the rest of their T/A crap goes away. They can then have another opportunity to renegotiate a better deal, just like the rest of us...OR, if the company goes for a 1113 abrogation, we can then be released to "self help", which we will exercise.

If the employee morale was not shattered, it is surely shattered now. We will have a very difficult time negotiating a long-term proposal, as the company has increased the cost target to $145 million.

Stay tuned...

Local union meeting will be at the HYATT at the airport on November 12, 2004, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. I have much to share with you on what may take place and how these cuts will effect us and the rest of the industry.

In solidarity,

Teddy
Local 40

US AIRWAYS STATEMENT REGARDING INTERIM RELIEF
APPROVAL

ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 15, 2004 -- US Airways Chief
Executive Officer Bruce R. Lakefield issued the
following statement after the decision today by Judge
Stephen S. Mitchell to grant the company interim
relief from its labor contracts:

"Our request for interim relief was a regrettable but
necessary step to build cash and assure our customers
of our ability to continue operations. Judge
Mitchell's thoughtful and expeditious decision on
this matter, in combination with the agreement with
the ATSB to allow use of cash for the next three
months, provides us with an opportunity to
successfully complete our Transformation Plan. But
the interim relief is not a substitute for permanent
relief, and we will continue to make all our
resources available to quickly reach consensual
agreements with the Association of Flight Attendants,
the Communications Workers of America, and the
International Association of Machinists," said
Lakefield.

FM2436 said:
How about "Take this job and shove it. I'm not working here no more." And just PLEASE leave if your not happy.
[post="191335"][/post]​

NO WAY pay to last day take em down

Wow... was that Teddy Xidas already threatening a strike before negotiations on a permanent new agreement begin? I think US Airways may have made its fatal error.

PITMTC said:
1.How did the "company" piss off the face of the airline? How many times did I read on this board "I'd rather have the judge make the decision, at least we know it would be fair" and "the concession stand is closed, see you in court"? Now we blame management for what the judge decided?
2.How do you know, or better said, why would you give everyone on here the idea to make the passenengers experience the result?

Get a new complaint!

PS I am not pleased with the decision either
[post="191326"][/post]​

PIT,

The company, in my opinion, pissed off the face of the airline by its over all approach in working with the employees in trying to reach agreements on concessions. Round three of concessions, may I remind you. Remember their demands were for 40% wage reductions among other cuts. This to me is completely unreasonable when you factor in comparative airline employee compensation packages. Did things have to change at US? Absolutely. Obviously they have just changed in a rather dramatic way. The judge made a decision. One that I believe to be extreme. With the unproven track record of this management group, I personally believe it will be squandered just as the previous two were.

As for the passenger: Unfortunately I believe the passengers will exprience the frustrations of the frontline employees. Let me think, I just took an enormous pay cut and you the passenger are going to #### at me because your flight is delayed due to WX? I don't think so! The possible scenarios are endless. As for the company....this bag feels awfully heavy...excessive wieght fee..F-it....throw it on the belt. I'm just going to get bitched at for collecting a fee. Revenue lost. Change fee on a ticket...F-it I'm just going to get bitched at for collecting a fee. Revenue lost. Bag tags shooting out of a kiosk...wrong tag on wrong bag. F-it...who cares. My point is by a pay cut at this level, those who used to care, really care, may very well no longer care. I reallize that this is a very sad situation, but I believe things of this nature will happen.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day for air travel in the eastern United States. So will the upcoming holiday season.

My thoughts are with all of the people at US Airways and thier families.

:(

Light Years said:
My thoughts are with all of the people at US Airways and thier families.
[post="191353"][/post]​
My sentiments exactly, but I'll qualify that further...

My thoughts are with all the UNION people at US Airways...management can go engage in Cheney to Leahey activity. The gall they have to put all this on labor.

Infuriating

God bless you guys