222 Reserve F/a's Out Sick

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
so far from what i have counted on catcrew there are 222 reserve f/a's out sick system wide. pit-85,phl-40,clt-56,bos-8,lga-1,dca-11,clw-10,and phw-15. god knows how many b/h are out . crazy!!!

sorry don't know the exact number . merry christmas by the way.

I hope the f/a know are proud of what they did today. It was one of the worst days I've ever worked. The f/a not only hurt the passengers but the gate and ticket agents as well. I can tell you this... I will not forget this day... When a f/a tried to non-rev.... and i check them in i will see to it that they do not get on... i will forget to board them or we will have a weight restriction.. I hope ALL agent follow me on this.... This was terrible and I hope everyone is fired....

Merry #$%#$ Christmas to all you #$%hole f/a's

Open Letter to F/A's,

Shame on you. Those of you who called in sick today and are not sick should be terminated.

I walked into the res office at 6AM this morning to find 239 calls on hold. Those calls were OUR passengers, OUR lifeblood who you totally screwed today.

I wish you could come listen to the poor grandmother crying because she lives alone and cannot be with her children and grandchildren on Christmas morning because YOU are selfish and selfcentered. I wish you could listen to the woman screaming and yelling because she will not be able to participate in her singing groups performance tonight because YOU are acting like a spoiled child. I wish you could hear all the frustration, anger, hurt, and dissapointment because OUR passengers are insignificant to YOU.

Please don't start the whine..."management has driven us to this, etc." Management did not mark you down as sick until you picked up the phone and made the choice YOURSELF.

YOU have no consideration for anyone but yourself...not for any of your fellow employees who have to clean up your mess, not for any of our passengers.

YOU say you are a professional? And you demand to be treated as a professional?

Then YOU should act like one!

"I hope the f/a know are proud of what they did today. It was one of the worst days I've ever worked. The f/a not only hurt the passengers but the gate and ticket agents as well. I can tell you this... I will not forget this day... When a f/a tried to non-rev.... and i check them in i will see to it that they do not get on... i will forget to board them or we will have a weight restriction.. I hope ALL agent follow me on this.... This was terrible and I hope everyone is fired...."

I know I speak for most of my felllow pilots when I say that if we get wind of a situation like the one you describe, the plane is not leaving the gate until the person's travel benefits are honored in proper fashion.

So go ahead make my day it's your delay.

ps - the Pilot In Command is responsible for determining weight & balance limitations.

StatioRat said:
I hope the f/a know are proud of what they did today. It was one of the worst days I've ever worked. The f/a not only hurt the passengers but the gate and ticket agents as well. I can tell you this... I will not forget this day... When a f/a tried to non-rev.... and i check them in i will see to it that they do not get on... i will forget to board them or we will have a weight restriction.. I hope ALL agent follow me on this.... This was terrible and I hope everyone is fired....
[post="231274"][/post]​

I would like to offer a sincere apology to any Ticketing or Gate Agent who's Day may have been made more difficult becuase of a lack of crews...HOWEVER, do you really think retaliating in this way would be reasonable or fair?

Sure 200+ sick calls on a Holiday is probably excessive at best...but think of the many other 1000's of F/A's who DID work their Scheduled Trips or the Many others who DID make themselves available to Crew Sceheduling...you are going to try to punish the majority because of the Bad Decisions of the Minority? Bad behavior and practices such as what you are suggesting would be unwarranted and unfair. Just as it would be unfair for every F/A to assume that every agent has it in for them because of one Agent wanting to exercise their own Form of punishment. :down:

What would you expect from those that have no class and no integrity. Unfortunately we have a lot of them in the company because I work with a few. All employees have been really put down by management in this company but you must maintain your integrity or you become worse than this management. Really sad fellow employees have to made things worse for those that try to continue to do a good job!!!!!!!!

Pacemaker,

Travel benefits are a privilege.....anyone who pulls a childish stunt like today should have that privilege terminated, or better yet, should have employment terminated.

StatioRat said:
[post="231274"][/post]​

How about the F/A's that did show up and do their job today? Or the ones that volunteered to help out in this time of need?

You can't solve this problem on your own. Many F/A's went above and beyond today making up for problems caused by other employee groups. Especially in PHL. Will you single them out for your punishment plan too?

I think if any Captains find out you are denying employees their right to an open seat on a flight you won't be seeing that plane leave the gate until all are accomodated.

stoopidute442 said:
Great...while the pilots and the gate agents argue over travel privileges and weight we'll just take a nap in the breakroom!
[post="231291"][/post]​

Yeah, and gives us more time to work on the airplane without getting charged for a delay. :p

Sounds like RAT should have called in sick to today! But if U were to survive, and Rat lived up to his promise not to board a F/A non-rev and he got caught I'd get HIM FIRED PRONTO!

Don't label all the good employees because of 200. There are 29,000 full time equivalent employees that is 1% of the group.

Listen the morale is bad, I don't condone anyone abusing sick time, but folks do a reality check, the situation is horrible and people don't care anymore, they are working for 21% less while the CEO who makes $425,000 a year could not give back a cent.

Just relax take it in stride, most people figured out something like this would happen.

It is a self-fulfilling situation.

Merry X-Mas, just got back from Church with my son and his mother.